Poll

Do you make your bed every day?

Yes; it makes the whole room look neater.
6 (17.6%)
No; why bother when I'll just mess it up again that night?
15 (44.1%)
Sometimes.
8 (23.5%)
Nah, somebody else takes care of that.
2 (5.9%)
Only if I'm expecting company later, nudge nudge.
3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: The Twitter Thread--A Thread of Great Consequence  (Read 152975 times)

Offline AQB24712

• Not a Euphemism.
  • Global Moderator
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • Did you just call me..."Bacon girl"?
Re: The Twitter Thread--A Thread of Great Consequence
« Reply #6795 on: July 05, 2015, 02:54:25 PM »
Getting old is starting to suck.

What's the matter, bud?  You've always been such an exemplar of living with cheery gusto and grace.  We'll listen if you want to talk.
"There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind."  Kurt Vonnegut
"You can bet your last money it's all gonna be a stone gas, honey."  Don Cornelius
"Wow! You spark up my entire thinking faculty."  A scammer/bot on a dating site

Offline lonely moa

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #6796 on: July 05, 2015, 03:44:38 PM »

What's the matter, bud?  You've always been such an exemplar of living with cheery gusto and grace.  We'll listen if you want to talk.

Oh, it's just things like keeping up with physical work on the farm, being careful about extending myself at any sort of workout, bruising and  bleeding easily, sleep and nap issues.  It's all what I have expected...  Just whining, really.  Life is pretty good.  I have lots of very supportive (younger) friends and colleagues and a couple of slightly older excellent role models. 

I'm fine, just need the occasional kick up the bum; she's good at that.

"Evidence based medicine really is people doing science badly" —Ben Goldacre

Offline AQB24712

• Not a Euphemism.
  • Global Moderator
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • Did you just call me..."Bacon girl"?
« Reply #6797 on: July 05, 2015, 04:39:56 PM »

Oh, it's just things like keeping up with physical work on the farm, being careful about extending myself at any sort of workout, bruising and  bleeding easily, sleep and nap issues.  It's all what I have expected...  Just whining, really.  Life is pretty good.  I have lots of very supportive (younger) friends and colleagues and a couple of slightly older excellent role models. 

I'm fine, just need the occasional kick up the bum; she's good at that.

Ah, okay, everyone gets to whine now and again.  As long as the ratio of life-is-pretty-good to whining stays favorable.
"There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind."  Kurt Vonnegut
"You can bet your last money it's all gonna be a stone gas, honey."  Don Cornelius
"Wow! You spark up my entire thinking faculty."  A scammer/bot on a dating site

Offline GodSlayer

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #6798 on: July 05, 2015, 09:41:21 PM »
Oh, it's just things like keeping up with physical work on the farm, being careful about extending myself at any sort of workout, bruising and  bleeding easily, sleep and nap issues.

any thoughts of a lifestyle change? Rolleston is lovely, and probably still close enough to the wilderness part of Canterbury for safe cycling and such.
"He who takes his morality with high seriousness is angry with the skeptics in the domain of morals: for here where he is expending all his strength others are supposed to stand astonished, not inquire and express doubts." - Nietzsche