Author Topic: Introduce yourself here!  (Read 316463 times)

Offline AQB24712

• Not a Euphemism.
  • Global Moderator
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • Did you just call me..."Bacon girl"?
Re: Introduce yourself here!
« Reply #5700 on: January 20, 2015, 12:51:33 PM »
I used to be called madjockmcferson. I was a big deal around here until the forum crashed and I lost my entire life.

Hey, mad one.  Your previous existence still exists; you preferably should've come to us in chat to ask for help accessing it (like if you'd forgotten your password), rather than making a new account.

Hang on, I'ma get one of our expert technicians to help out.  This won't hurt a bit.
"There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind."  Kurt Vonnegut
"You can bet your last money it's all gonna be a stone gas, honey."  Don Cornelius

Offline Skulker

• Mafia Pimp
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • I survied both forum crashes of 2014!
« Reply #5701 on: January 20, 2015, 02:44:18 PM »
Noob coming through.

Hello, I'm ApfelCider.

The resident agnostic-atheist in my family, lover of astronomy, physics, technology, and gross bodily functions. I like piña coladas, crazy conspiracy theories, UFOs and Aliens, and cow mutilations. I grew up watching Unsolved Mysteries, Arthur C. Clarke's Mysterious World, Rescue 911 (I will not a ride a riding lawn mower because of this show..), and I refuse to pay for cable until I can only get the Discovery Channel, History Channel, Science Channel, and all their spinoffs. God I love Apocalypse week, Hitler Week, and Bible week on History Channel.

Started listening to the podcast a few months ago at my job (400+ episodes are awesome for killing 10 hour days!)and I'm working my way THROUGH the backlog. I'm in the #150s so I have NO CLUE what is happening real time. Awesome!
Did you mean like as find interesting or like as in you actually believe any of those things?
No trees were killed in the posting of this message,
but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Comrade Questions
« Reply #5702 on: January 21, 2015, 12:20:39 AM »
WB madjock! Gerbig, long time man! Glad to see you.

Hello and welcome gang of newbs!

ApfelCider,  you'll find many "resident atheist/skeptic/non-woo believer" in the family/work/social network and such here.

First day here.  I haven't heard the podcast.  I found this site from a post on FB

Howdy! Mind if I ask what piqued your curiosity?

Xadus, I maintain that this is the best place on the web for an open-minded discussion. We lost a lot of the forums in a mishap recently, but I suggest searching through the logs for any topics that might interest you to get a feel for how we discuss and totally never ever yell and get mad each other. Then whatever's on your mind, throw it out there and see what sticks!
Strange women lying in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.

Offline OhMyGecko

• Brand New
  • A Beautiful Melancholy
« Reply #5703 on: January 28, 2015, 09:52:30 AM »
I'm really glad the forum's back. My laziness stopped me from re-registering.

Hello everyone!
One must never mistake pattern…for meaning.
The Hydrogen Sonata, QiRia - Ian M. Banks

personate-rain