Author Topic: Introduce yourself here!  (Read 339673 times)

Online Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Frequent Poster
Re: Introduce yourself here!
« Reply #5820 on: August 27, 2015, 01:07:16 PM »
Welcome aboard!
It really does ruin your life doesnt it?!

Online EvilNick

• Keeps Priorities Straight
  • Inadequate Human
    • From Nothing Game Studios Official
« Reply #5821 on: August 27, 2015, 03:48:02 PM »
My name is Brian. I have been listening since 07. This whole "critical thinking" thing turned my live upside down. I am now a reformed believer in crap science and pseudoscience. Just trying to spread the word of evidence based science and skepticism.

To get good practice in spreading rationality to other people, find a brick wall and smash your head against it.

And welcome aboard!

Online jonnybdead

• Brand New
  • No Conservapedia is not a credible source....
« Reply #5822 on: August 27, 2015, 04:08:06 PM »
My name is Brian. I have been listening since 07. This whole "critical thinking" thing turned my live upside down. I am now a reformed believer in crap science and pseudoscience. Just trying to spread the word of evidence based science and skepticism.

To get good practice in spreading rationality to other people, find a brick wall and smash your head against it.

And welcome aboard!

yeah i feel ya there. i lost my faith at 16 and now am 28. my whole family are evangelical Christians.  they often like to gang up on me. i have learned a few thing from that.  but i kinda feel like i repeat myself quit often....mainly..."cite your sources" to the...."a scientist turned christian by trying to disprove" comments they like to tell me

Online EvilNick

• Keeps Priorities Straight
  • Inadequate Human
    • From Nothing Game Studios Official
« Reply #5823 on: Today at 12:19:45 PM »

And welcome aboard!

yeah i feel ya there. i lost my faith at 16 and now am 28. my whole family are evangelical Christians.  they often like to gang up on me. i have learned a few thing from that.  but i kinda feel like i repeat myself quit often....mainly..."cite your sources" to the...."a scientist turned christian by trying to disprove" comments they like to tell me

My dad was really quite religious, but we never talked about my leaving faith.  By the time he discovered it, his time was fairly short due to cancer, and I didn't want this to be a burden on our final years together.  So, I basically avoided it with my immediate family, and both of my brothers are non-religious as well.  My younger brother apparently spoke to my dad about it at some point in a "let's agree to disagree" kind of thing.

personate-rain
personate-rain