3 (8.3%)
Yes, but no time behind bars.
3 (8.3%)
Yes, and I've done time.
2 (5.6%)
Just traffic tickets.
9 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: The Twitter Thread--A Thread of Great Consequence  (Read 240562 times)

Offline Caffiene

• Stopped Going Outside
Re: The Twitter Thread--A Thread of Great Consequence
« Reply #7545 on: April 14, 2017, 11:58:34 PM »
lol I can't believe this is on snopes
http://www.snopes.com/what-is-the-bottom-drawer-of-an-oven-really-for/

I have a vague recollection of maybe having seen a oven with a drawer once. Ive only ever had grill + oven, thats it.
[Lurk Mode Disengage]

Offline arthwollipot

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #7547 on: April 15, 2017, 09:12:06 PM »
Yeah, I've lived in a place that had one of those. We used it to store baking trays and other flat stuff. I don't currently have one.

Offline Ah.hell

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #7548 on: April 17, 2017, 09:56:50 AM »
Hmm...no I'm curious.  Is the drawer at the bottom of my oven meant for warming or just storage?  Also, I've never seen one with the little drawer above the main oven.  Funny that something like that would be different from one country to the next.   Also, never heard of a salamander other than the amphibian until Arth mentioned it. 

Grilled cheese are best when buttered and done up on a frying pan but I typically use a toaster oven or Foreman type cooker because I'm lazy. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 09:59:58 AM by Ah.hell »

Offline GodSlayer

« Reply #7549 on: April 17, 2017, 11:57:32 AM »
Hmm...no I'm curious.  Is the drawer at the bottom of my oven meant for warming or just storage?  Also, I've never seen one with the little drawer above the main oven.  Funny that something like that would be different from one country to the next.   Also, never heard of a salamander other than the amphibian until Arth mentioned it. 

it should be a warming drawer. there's probably a switch on the oven that refers to it.

Grilled cheese are best when buttered and done up on a frying pan but I typically use a toaster oven or Foreman type cooker because I'm lazy. 

foreman type is the only one I use anymore. instant convert, it's amazing!
no mess, no sticking, super fast, just awesome. life-changing like sliced bread!
Quote from: Nietzsche
the inequality of rights is essential to the existence of any rights at all.--A right is a privilege.
Quote from: Ligotti
One cringes to hear scientists cooing over the universe or any part thereof like schoolgirls over-heated by their first crush.

Offline Friendly Angel

• Frequent Poster
  • Post count reset to zero in both forum apocalypses
« Reply #7550 on: April 17, 2017, 04:12:08 PM »
PESCADERO — Authorities are preaching vigilance to residents after a mountain lion entered a Pescadero bedroom and snatched a 15-pound dog as its owners, just footsteps away, looked on in horror early Monday, according to the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office.

DAMN!!!
Amend and resubmit.

Offline Friendly Angel

• Frequent Poster
  • Post count reset to zero in both forum apocalypses
« Reply #7551 on: April 19, 2017, 02:59:18 PM »
A proposed settlement has been reached to resolve a class action lawsuit against Provide Commerce, Inc. ProFlowers.com  regarding claims that Provide Commerce did not adequately disclose that certain of its floral arrangements sold through ProFlowers.com are delivered in a box. 

Well, a few weeks ago I was rewarded with three free months of Sirius XM from a class action suit, because of illegal telemarketing calls.

And now I'll be getting a check because the flowers I sent my mom were delivered in a box... that one's just weird because it's what I was expecting... no word on the amount of the check... probably not enough to send more flowers.
Amend and resubmit.

Offline Ah.hell

« Reply #7552 on: April 19, 2017, 03:50:46 PM »

it should be a warming drawer. there's probably a switch on the oven that refers to it.

foreman type is the only one I use anymore. instant convert, it's amazing!
no mess, no sticking, super fast, just awesome. life-changing like sliced bread!
Turns out its just a drawer.

Offline Ah.hell

« Reply #7553 on: April 20, 2017, 05:52:27 PM »
I've mention this before but:

I keep getting calls from recruiters with numbers in Texas and relatively obvious South Asian accents.   They then introduce themselves as Frank or Larry or some other common anglo american name from the 50s.   Now that I think about it, I think they got their names from MASH. 

Anyrate, I can tell your not a Frank or Larry, the dishonestly is much more off putting than knowing they really work at some call center in India. 

Offline arthwollipot

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #7554 on: April 20, 2017, 09:32:33 PM »
It's actually reasonably common in some non-English speaking cultures (Chinese, for example) for people to adopt English names in addition to their native-language names.

Offline Ah.hell

« Reply #7555 on: April 21, 2017, 09:41:00 AM »
It's actually reasonably common in some non-English speaking cultures (Chinese, for example) for people to adopt English names in addition to their native-language names.
I've known lots of chinese folks who do that, never met South Asians who do.  Doesn't mean they don't of course.

Offline arthwollipot

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #7556 on: April 21, 2017, 08:44:14 PM »
I've known lots of chinese folks who do that, never met South Asians who do.  Doesn't mean they don't of course.
It may be uniquely Chinese, though I seem to recall once meeting a Mongolian who had an English name. I don't really know.

Offline Ah.hell

« Reply #7557 on: April 24, 2017, 09:25:22 AM »
It may be uniquely Chinese, though I seem to recall once meeting a Mongolian who had an English name. I don't really know.
It is interesting to me that if it had been a Chinese guy calling himself larry, I wouldn't have thought twice about it.  hmm.....

Offline GodSlayer

« Reply #7558 on: April 25, 2017, 02:27:24 AM »
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11844594

fuck war holidays, get yer science on!

progress 1; heritage 0!
Quote from: Nietzsche
the inequality of rights is essential to the existence of any rights at all.--A right is a privilege.
Quote from: Ligotti
One cringes to hear scientists cooing over the universe or any part thereof like schoolgirls over-heated by their first crush.

personate-rain