Author Topic: Regarding Signatures  (Read 2080 times)

Offline Beleth

• Doing his part to provide an intellectually challenging environment for rational, polite discussion.
  • Administrator Emeritus
  • Too Much Spare Time
Regarding Signatures
« on: September 22, 2008, 01:57:43 PM »
We want to encourage all SGU members in good standing who wish to have a signature to have one.
Signatures should be considered an extension of a post, and as such follow the same rules.

Some specific clarifications are:

• Don't put inappropriate words or pictures in your signature, unless all you ever do is post to Explicit.
  • Links to commercial sites are acceptable as long as the body of your posts have other meaningful, non-advertising-related, content.  A link to a random YouTube video does not qualify as "meaningful", for instance.  A more acceptable place for a commercial link is in the "Website URL" field in your profile.
  • Neither the folks at SGU nor the moderation staff take any responsibility for the content of external sites.  This includes sites linked to in signatures.  However, you may still not link to computer viruses or malicious code in your signature.

ETA:
This pertains to avatars, and information in the avatar area of each post, as well.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 10:02:46 AM by Beleth »
I expect to pass through this world but once;
any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now;
let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
-- Stephan Grellet

Offline Green Ideas

• Reef Tank Owner
  • ZZZ!!!
Re: Regarding Signatures
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 02:06:23 AM »
I recently put a link to a yt video in my sig. The video has nothing to do with skepticism, but everything to do with the text above it in the sig. Hope that's OK.
"Faith: not wanting to know what is true."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Beleth

• Doing his part to provide an intellectually challenging environment for rational, polite discussion.
  • Administrator Emeritus
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 10:02:09 PM »
Given what I said in the OP, why wouldn't it be?  The "meaningful" in the second bullet item refers to the body of the post, not the signature.
I expect to pass through this world but once;
any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now;
let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
-- Stephan Grellet

Offline Green Ideas

• Reef Tank Owner
  • ZZZ!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 11:05:01 PM »
Oh, I see now. Thanks.
"Faith: not wanting to know what is true."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline teethering

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 09:56:03 AM »
The link in the OP appears to be broken.

personate-rain
personate-rain