Author Topic: Are you Steam powered?  (Read 28142 times)

Offline Thespis

• Stopped Going Outside
Re: Are you Steam powered?
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2009, 03:09:07 PM »
Have you played much on the scout update? I have not got any weapons yet but did eat a heavy's sandvitch ;D

No, I haven't played TF2 in a while. I've been playing too much Sins of a Solar Empire lately. But, I'll probably try it out sometime today.

Moon Police

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2009, 03:13:16 PM »
Have you played much on the scout update? I have not got any weapons yet but did eat a heavy's sandvitch ;D

No not yet...I have TF2 but I've been too absorbed in a Mod for BF2 called Project Reality. If anybody is interested add me to your xfire: moonpolice

No, I haven't played TF2 in a while. I've been playing too much Sins of a Solar Empire lately. But, I'll probably try it out sometime today.

Do you have entrenchment? My Impulse Id is : MoonPolice

Also I just Pre-Purchased Empire: Total War from steam. Anybody getting it? I hear there's going to be an online Co-op Campaign this time
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 03:16:04 PM by Moon Police »

Offline Thespis

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2009, 03:40:04 PM »

I do have Entrenchment. I haven't actually tried to play multiplayer yet, but I'll look you up. I'm not great. I have trouble beating the damn AI half the time. This is my first RTS I've really tried to play. I'm used to Civilization type turn-based strategy games.

Moon Police

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2009, 04:22:59 PM »

I do have Entrenchment. I haven't actually tried to play multiplayer yet, but I'll look you up. I'm not great. I have trouble beating the damn AI half the time. This is my first RTS I've really tried to play. I'm used to Civilization type turn-based strategy games.

Yeah, I'm not a pro either. We can team up and Comp Stomp some AI and pretend like we are leet.

If you like Civ, look into Empire: Total War. It's half Turn Based Civ Style game and half RTS. You can also play it entirely Civ Style if you want.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 04:24:46 PM by Moon Police »

Offline Domino

• Well Established
  • UnNatural Scientist -- BSc Hons
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2009, 07:34:31 PM »
I'm using L4D to work out which of my friends are going to be most useful during the inevitable zombie apocalypse.

Offline moj

• beer snob
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2009, 10:50:42 AM »
For those playing TF2 now is a good time to get achievements for class's other then scout.  While I have all the pyro weapons only one for medic and heavy.  I think the updates have been good for the scout class but if the game has to many heavy's and pyro's will make quick work of them.
  Egypt can be fun but if I'm going to be play a CP want like more control points then just 2. The maps look good, but many games seem to end with in 5 minutes.
just my 2 cents

Offline Ampatent

• Well Established
  • Still Working on That Doctorate....
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2009, 04:48:00 PM »
Anyone on Steam want to get together for a game of TF2 or L4D?

Steam ID: killdrone

Offline MaxPower

• Off to a Start
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2009, 07:00:21 AM »
I got all of the scout weapons about a week ago and I have to say the scout is just plain fun. I rarely used him before but now I can't put him down.

The Sandman is one of the most satisfying weapons in the game. There's almost no better feeling than stunning a Heavy from 30 feet and then leveling him while hes counting stars.

The Bonk drink serves two purposes for me. It lets you get out of just about any tight spot, since you cant be hurt. And it acts like an Uber in a can. Team up with a Demo and you can instantly destroy a sentry nest. While you're drawing the sentry fire the demo is free to nuke it.

I <3 scout.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 05:56:56 PM by MaxPower »
If anyone needs me, I'll be in the angry dome!

Offline moj

• beer snob
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2009, 04:22:51 PM »
World of Goo is 75% off this weekend for only 4.99.  Anyone played it? Looks like it could be a fun.

Offline Thespis

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2009, 04:32:59 PM »
World of Goo is 75% off this weekend for only 4.99.  Anyone played it? Looks like it could be a fun.

Yes, I definitely recommend it. It's a really fun (sometimes really frustrating) puzzle game.

I've beaten it, but I'm going back to see if I can save more Goo Balls than I did the first time. That sentence will make sense once you play the game.

Offline moj

• beer snob
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2009, 10:34:58 PM »

Yes, I definitely recommend it. It's a really fun (sometimes really frustrating) puzzle game.

I've beaten it, but I'm going back to see if I can save more Goo Balls than I did the first time. That sentence will make sense once you play the game.

Thanks, I got it and its very addictive and frustrating, but beautifully  done. I really like it.

Offline Domino

• Well Established
  • UnNatural Scientist -- BSc Hons
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2009, 11:57:44 AM »
Quote from: Misfit of joy link=topic=15632.msg449938#msg449938
Thanks, I got it and its very addictive and frustrating, but beautifully  done. I really like it.

What he said. My weekend disappeared into a haze of goo.

Maybe not haze. Puddle? Glob? Lake?

Offline silentguy13

• Off to a Start
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2009, 07:01:26 AM »
No Steam acc yet, but will set one up once my new gaming pc comes in.
looking forward to Half Life, Fallout and Bionic commando once it's out ^^
"there is no problem so great it cannot be solved by fantasy"
Rebecca Watson

Insane, a nerd, and proud of it.

Moon Police

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2009, 08:00:27 PM »
I'm putting forth a motion that we should hang out in the Skeptics online Group Chat more often.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SkepticsOnline

If your in the group you can pull up your Steam Friends list and click the Dropdown box for the Skeptics Online Group.

Offline moj

• beer snob
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2009, 02:20:20 PM »
assassins creed is only 9.99 today, anyone play it on PC? Is it good?