Author Topic: New Conspiracy Skeptic: The Bible Code  (Read 19186 times)

Offline JoelWhy

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Reptilian infiltrator
Re: New Conspiracy Skeptic, Unplugged Ep 3: Michael Goudeau
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2009, 11:39:57 AM »
I listened to half this morning.  Good stuff.  The big problem with Roswell, though, is that it's been so heavily covered, it's tough to extract any new info.  Still, it's a conspiracy that is always good for a laugh.
"I distrust those people who know so well what god wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Offline mindme

• Dapper Gent
  • Too Much Spare Time
    • http://www.yrad.com/cs
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2009, 11:49:47 AM »
I listened to half this morning.  Good stuff.  The big problem with Roswell, though, is that it's been so heavily covered, it's tough to extract any new info.  Still, it's a conspiracy that is always good for a laugh.

Hey, thanks for the bump. I was just about to post a notice. True, Roswell is really well tread ground. Probably the first thing we skeptics cut our teeth on. I did like, however, Brett has been to Roswell and provided a nice "boots on the ground" angle.
"Because the world needs more Mark Crislip."

Conspiracy Skeptic Podcast
Korean Podcast
Michael Goudeau, Vegas Comedy Entertainer Available for Trade Shows

Offline JoelWhy

• Reptilian infiltrator
« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2009, 11:53:39 AM »

Hey, thanks for the bump. I was just about to post a notice. True, Roswell is really well tread ground. Probably the first thing we skeptics cut our teeth on. I did like, however, Brett has been to Roswell and provided a nice "boots on the ground" angle.

Very true.  I remember being fascinated by Roswell when I was a kid.  It was probably the first time I read up on a conspiracy and was sorely disappointed to learn that all of the "evidence" appeared to be a big pile of nonsense.
"I distrust those people who know so well what god wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Offline mindme

• Dapper Gent
  • Too Much Spare Time
Re: New Conspiracy Skeptic, Moon Hoax Revisted with Stuart Robbins
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2009, 08:40:45 PM »
Stuart Robbins aka astrostu is back to talk about the moon hoax and the LRO mission. All in honor of the 40th anniversary of apollo 11 on July 20.

Find out too how you can see Stuart live and in person at Colorado's Fiske Planetarium giving a talk about creationism and astronomy.

Visit http://www.yrad.com/cs or search for Conspiracy Skeptic on iTunes.

Korean Podcast

Offline seaotter

• Drunkenly yelling LITTLE WING!
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • My homunculus is firing rockets at Israel.
« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2009, 08:58:42 AM »
Stuart Robbins aka astrostu is back to talk about the moon hoax and the LRO mission. All in honor of the 40th anniversary of apollo 11 on July 20.

Find out too how you can see Stuart live and in person at Colorado's Fiske Planetarium giving a talk about creationism and astronomy.

Visit http://www.yrad.com/cs or search for Conspiracy Skeptic on iTunes.

Can't wait. (Goes to get his iphone)
"There is no use trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things." Lewis Carroll

Offline illogik01

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2009, 09:05:30 PM »
Awesome, i'm going to listen to this tonight as i nod off to sleep. Thats actually a complement as im a horrible insomniac and the great discussions will settle me.

Have you ever thought of doing an episode with Jennifer about any Korean specific conspiracys ? I'm not really into Korea (i'm more of a Sinophile) but my ears do prick up whenever i hear a bit of Korean specific woo in your podcast. This would be great for us skeptics as we tend to only hear about western english speaking woo.

Offline craig

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2009, 02:18:38 PM »
Well, I just listened to the latest episode and I think that I know who the next surprise skeptic wedding is going to be - you and Stu ;)

You already know that I believe that stu is some sort of shape-shifting alien from the Pleiades so there is no point in me commenting on his views about the "moon landing".  After all, if anyone has something to hide (ie. bases populated by Mayans) on the surface of the moon, it would be him.

Other than that minor problem, I enjoyed the show.  However, if it is possible to come up with a better way to record your guests so that your voice and their's match better, it would make it a lot easier on the ears.

Keep up the good work!
"Why ya gotta act like you know when you don't know....It's okay if you don't know everything." --- Ben Folds

Offline mindme

• Dapper Gent
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2009, 03:20:32 PM »
Well, I just listened to the latest episode and I think that I know who the next surprise skeptic wedding is going to be - you and Stu ;)

It does sound like I have a bit of a man crush on him. You'll notice I even serendaded him at the end with my favorite Korean all boy band (Big Bang doing their song Lies). Michael Goudeau is my one true bromance, however. I'll just get that out there so Stu can't get hurt.

Korean Podcast

Offline astrostu

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2009, 12:27:12 AM »
Hmm, I haven't actually listened to the episode yet (sorry, Karl!, so I haven't heard that song you inserted.  You definitely seem to be a vocal fan of me, though, which while I appreciate, I don't necessarily understand. ;)

Offline seaotter

• Drunkenly yelling LITTLE WING!
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • My homunculus is firing rockets at Israel.
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2009, 12:31:58 AM »
Hmm, I haven't actually listened to the episode yet (sorry, Karl!, so I haven't heard that song you inserted.  You definitely seem to be a vocal fan of me, though, which while I appreciate, I don't necessarily understand. ;)

I'm a fan too. Your good. Now quit fishing for complements and go make another podcast.
"There is no use trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things." Lewis Carroll

Offline mindme

• Dapper Gent
  • Too Much Spare Time
Re: New Conspiracy Skeptic, HIV denial with Abbie Smith
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2009, 08:14:27 AM »
Unplugged #5 is now up. Guest is ERV aka Abbie Smith. Famous of the scienceblogs:

http://scienceblogs.com/erv/

Friend of PZ.

HIV researcher and general wonder woman of science.

Listen closely to the interview. Abbie has this very careful approach to explaining a concept but she doesn't just jump right into it. She sets up important background info and then ties it in with the scientific point she's trying to make. Just wonderful.

http://www.yrad.com/cs

(In case it's not obvious by now, I reuse the same thread, edit the topic, and then post the update on the end of the threat. I'm recycling. Right?)

Korean Podcast

Offline Chris Noble

• Keeps Priorities Straight
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2009, 07:16:48 PM »
Wow, in the US they make coffee with a French Press!

https://www.utechproducts.com/detail.asp?id=1013853

Doesn't the nozzle get clogged though?

Offline stands2reason

• Empiricist, Positivist, Militant Agnostic
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'm a perfectly normal shrine maiden.
« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2009, 10:27:15 PM »
Not strictly related to the CS, but where can I find episodes 54 - 59 of Seoul Survivors? Apparently the hosting service that the last few episodes were on isn't working anymore.

Offline whitedevilbrewing

« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2009, 12:43:29 AM »
Abbie rocks, great show Karl

Offline mindme

• Dapper Gent
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2009, 07:48:49 AM »
Not strictly related to the CS, but where can I find episodes 54 - 59 of Seoul Survivors? Apparently the hosting service that the last few episodes were on isn't working anymore.

Thanks for the reminder. Only recently did I notice my "high traffic" host (free host) went down. Yeah I'll move them over to the archive site. Probably register the whole shebang again with iTunes.

Korean Podcast