Author Topic: SGU teaser trailer 01  (Read 2206 times)

Offline niteme

• Keeps Priorities Straight
    • http://www.myspace.com/niteme_
SGU teaser trailer 01
« on: June 21, 2009, 06:18:24 AM »
SGU Video Teaser 01

Well there is no sound in space folks, hate to remind you.  I know a lot of people that have that same style of animation you guys used.  Why not the camera whizzing very close to planets and stars, you'll be able to realistically get sound in.  Sure the volumetric lighting will be many minutes, if not hours per frame, but I think will be a nice touch.

Also, instead of having that outline go in a counterclockwise fashion, why not add another going clockwise.  Sound there will be acceptable.  Not just the spooky music.  But 17 seconds to wait to see your name....sigh.  Now throw in some more stuff that is in the universe besides empty space and I might not blow past the intro each time. 

I could probably help you guys out since I'm into 3d animation, but since you stopped talking to me, and also there some pricks on the forum here... have fun.  I'm sure there are others out of the 60,000+

I saw this video days ago, but damn 8 months for a new video.  Sigh or slacking, I can't choose which. 

Last tip: Check out Penn Says, Crackles opening is 7 seconds and another following it which is just over 4, which is a total of just over 11 seconds. 
he difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

www.carlsagan.com   ,   www.expelledexposed.com

Add me to myspace, just click the WWW :D

Offline TalkingBook

• Well Established
  • Superstition ain't the way...
Re: SGU teaser trailer 01
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 09:47:56 AM »
Well there is no sound in space folks, hate to remind you.  I know a lot of people that have that same style of animation you guys used.  Why not the camera whizzing very close to planets and stars, you'll be able to realistically get sound in.  Sure the volumetric lighting will be many minutes, if not hours per frame, but I think will be a nice touch.

I could probably help you guys out since I'm into 3d animation, but since you stopped talking to me, and also there some pricks on the forum here... have fun.  I'm sure there are others out of the 60,000+

There's a paranormal entity dancing around like a Ghostbuster on crack and you're worried that they didn't correctly depict the vacuum of space? Gee, I wonder why they don't talk to you anymore.  ::)
"Truth gains more even by the errors of one who, with due study, and preparation, thinks for himself, than by the true opinions of those who only hold them because they do not suffer themselves to think." ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty (1859)

Offline stands2reason

• Empiricist, Positivist, Militant Agnostic
  • Reef Tank Owner
Re: SGU teaser trailer 01
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 11:22:08 AM »
Wow that was great.  ;D Who was that in the video?

personate-rain