Author Topic: post the latest podcast on time  (Read 5368 times)

Offline solon

• Off to a Start
post the latest podcast on time
« on: June 23, 2009, 12:05:03 AM »
Why is the new podcast always so late? Why not upload it the same or next day?

Offline Alan

• Keeps Priorities Straight
Re: post the latest podcast on time
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 06:00:21 AM »
Do you mean you want it to be available for download the day it's recorded (or the day afterwards)? It has to be edited, which takes time.

Offline seaotter

• Drunkenly yelling LITTLE WING!
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • My homunculus is a grammar troll!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 07:39:54 AM »
Why is the new podcast always so late? Why not upload it the same or next day?

Where the hell is your podcast? I been waiting and waiting!
"There is no use trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things." Lewis Carroll

Offline Evil Eye

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • THINK!
    • http://www.evileyemonster.com
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 08:04:14 AM »
I don't mind waiting until Saturday. But I do wish it wasn't at 2pm.
"We'll get that information to you later" - Richard Feynman to Mr. Rodgers.

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
  • currently recuiting for my lesbian cabal.
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 09:02:26 AM »
Yes, a rogue should take a day off from their regular job to ensure that we get their podcast a day earlier.  They clearly don't like us if they don't.   ::)

Offline solon

• Off to a Start
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 02:05:38 PM »
>>It has to be edited

Oh, really? I didn't think it was. Often seems to be a week late and wanted to listen.

>>a rogue should take a day off from their regular job

...from "his" regular job. But I'm just nitpicking  ;)

Why a "rogue"???

Offline ducky

• Well Established
    • http://skepticwiki.org
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 07:23:15 PM »
>>It has to be edited

Oh, really? I didn't think it was. Often seems to be a week late and wanted to listen.

>>a rogue should take a day off from their regular job

...from "his" regular job. But I'm just nitpicking  ;)

Why a "rogue"???

Last I checked, Rebecca was not a man.

Offline rebecca

• Seasoned Contributor
    • http://www.skepchick.org
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 07:32:42 PM »
>>It has to be edited

Um, no. We (nearly always) record Wednesday nights, and Steve edits the show and has it online by Saturday, three days later. We've discussed other possibilities for having people edit and get it up faster but it's just not possible until you start paying us.
Skepchick <- Now with updated URL for 2012!

Offline ducky

• Well Established
    • http://skepticwiki.org
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 08:11:05 PM »
>>It has to be edited

Um, no. We (nearly always) record Wednesday nights, and Steve edits the show and has it online by Saturday, three days later. We've discussed other possibilities for having people edit and get it up faster but it's just not possible until you start paying us.

Can you comment with evidence you are not a "him" please?

Offline rebecca

• Seasoned Contributor
    • http://www.skepchick.org
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 08:30:59 PM »
>>It has to be edited

Not outside the explicit forum...
Skepchick <- Now with updated URL for 2012!

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
  • currently recuiting for my lesbian cabal.
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 09:59:50 PM »
>>It has to be edited

Not outside the explicit forum...

To the boobies thread!!

Offline solon

• Off to a Start
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 11:15:08 PM »
>>three days later

Thanks, was wondering because the last one posted says the 11th, which would make this one around the 18th, but already the 24th today.

I seem to remember checking back for 5+ days or so the other week too. But perfectly understandable if editing it, I thought it was just being uploaded.

Offline Skulker

• Mafia Pimp
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • I survived both forum crashes of 2014!
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 11:41:49 PM »
>>It has to be edited

Steve is always talking about post-production where he has to edit out all the dirty stuff that Rebecca then puts on Twitter  ;D
The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.
- Larry Hardiman

Offline Alan

• Keeps Priorities Straight
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 06:14:29 AM »
>>three days later

Thanks, was wondering because the last one posted says the 11th, which would make this one around the 18th, but already the 24th today.

I seem to remember checking back for 5+ days or so the other week too. But perfectly understandable if editing it, I thought it was just being uploaded.
I might be wrong on the details:

The date given in the name of the podcast is the date it was recorded. It is posted several days later, on a Saturday or Sunday every week (depending on your time zone).

The next couple of podcasts that will be posted have been/will be recorded on unusual days. You noticed that the current one lists the 11th of June as the date. If you look at the previous one, you'll see it was recorded on the 9th of June. They talked about the unusual recording dates at the beginning of the most recent episode. It will return to normal soon.

No matter what the date it says in the title, it's posted the same time each week on Saturdays or Sundays (depending on your time zone).

Offline spacemonkey

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 11:57:56 AM »
What's the difference? You're still going to wait 1 week between each podcast. Like all good things time is irrelevant to enjoy a SGU podcast. I mean, you get an hour + of a show that is better than anything on the radio from people that do it for free.

Have you ever listened to the old episodes? You can still enjoy them talk about stuff that's years old... is it really that much of a deal to hear them talk about stuff that's 3 days old?

PD: Rogues, just keep uploading the stuff on Saturday but ask Steve to say Saturday's date. That way no one will notice.
My blog (spanish): ciencianoficcion.wordpress.com

personate-rain