Author Topic: constructive criticism  (Read 7083 times)

Offline pandamonium

• Skeptical Beer Inspector
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • they/them
Re: constructive criticism
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2009, 01:51:17 AM »
Oh, you're just jealous you weren't called a "strange character".

or a fruitcake, which is closer to the truth. :P
I am become destroyer of biology.

Offline spacemonkey

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2009, 02:15:41 AM »
to be fair, that could just be a lack of familiarity with the provided technology. we don't know how long alk has used internet forum formatting technology, or the internet; for all we know, he might be more fluent in english than in SMF. of course, then it falls to him to live up to his own standards for others.

Lack of familiarity or not, learning to quote correctly takes literally seconds or at most, a couple of minutes. The Rogues to an hour long audio podcast every week for free. He asks they take extra time to correct and improve on the already excelent use of language (listeners from all over the world can be taken as evidence) due to some obsession or personal assesment of the importance of the issue, but he's unable to take a couple of minutes to improve his own comunication skills?

That's a double standard any way you look at it. Being clear and precise is arguably more important in text based conversations since factors such as tone can't be discerned.

Either way I think we both agree.
My blog (spanish): ciencianoficcion.wordpress.com

Offline ducky

• Well Established
    • http://skepticwiki.org
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2009, 04:08:20 PM »
I read this thread totally expecting to get grief over the forum site theme.

I see it was even more banal than complaining about visual aesthetics.

Offline pandamonium

• Skeptical Beer Inspector
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • they/them
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2009, 09:38:22 PM »
to be fair, that could just be a lack of familiarity with the provided technology. we don't know how long alk has used internet forum formatting technology, or the internet; for all we know, he might be more fluent in english than in SMF. of course, then it falls to him to live up to his own standards for others.

Lack of familiarity or not, learning to quote correctly takes literally seconds or at most, a couple of minutes. The Rogues to an hour long audio podcast every week for free. He asks they take extra time to correct and improve on the already excelent use of language (listeners from all over the world can be taken as evidence) due to some obsession or personal assesment of the importance of the issue, but he's unable to take a couple of minutes to improve his own comunication skills?

That's a double standard any way you look at it. Being clear and precise is arguably more important in text based conversations since factors such as tone can't be discerned.

Either way I think we both agree.

i was just trying to call alk dumb in a roundabout way. :)
I am become destroyer of biology.

Offline JamesTate

• I'm Actually Mr. Wiggles
  • Frequent Poster
  • All things being equal
    • A Skeptics Journey
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2009, 01:57:59 AM »
I read this thread totally expecting to get grief over the forum site theme.

I see it was even more banal than complaining about visual aesthetics.

DUCKY!

DUCKY!

OVERHERE!

DUCKY! ANSWER ME DAMN IT!
"Always a plus when you aren't associated with genocide." - IrishJazz
"Doesn't this sound like a spaceship?" - Lady Cyrtpess
"A dry vagina is a sad vagina." -Pandaioum