Hank Campbell shoots down DeGrasse Tyson with 5 things that he "got wrong" in the new cosmos.
1. Venus was not caused by global warming"
[Venus does exhibit the global warming phenomenon with 95%+ levels of CO2.]
[Hank's statement of "Venus was not caused by global warming" doesn't even make sense. I think he means, Venus' atmosphere temperatures are not caused by global warming.]
[If you look at the solar power incident and Venus' albedo...you can model its atmosphere and compare the theoretical temperature with the actual temperature.]
2. "many of us suspect" is a logical fallacy
[This is not presented as fact...IMHO.]
3. There is no sound in space <yet we hear the spaceship of the imagination make sound...in space.
[I agree here; the spaceship should make no sound...but, the effect of moving through space and time is lost to the watcher...so, I understand.]
4. " Giordano Bruno Was Not More Important To Science Than Kepler And Galileo...Bruno was excommunicated from three different religions, which means two of them accepted him after he had already been excommunicated from others. If freedom of thought was really suppressed, they wouldn’t have taken him at all."
[This sounds logical, but so does the other. Due to the suppression of the freedom of thought (speech), Bruno was kicked out of two different religious associations.]
5. The Universe Was Also Not Created In One Year.
[Ok, DeGrasse Tyson clarifies this...having the viewer imagine a cosmic calendar, saying, "In order to imagine all of cosmic time, let's compress it into a single calendar year."]
[The Bible does not suggest that God's 7 days is really 13 billion years. It says "And on the seventh day God finished his work that he had done..." Read the entire Genesis 1:1-2:3.