Author Topic: Forum (sguforums.com) Change suggestions  (Read 19772 times)

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Comrade Questions
Re: Forum (sguforums.com) Change suggestions
« Reply #345 on: July 08, 2014, 05:38:23 PM »
caue, the SGU hosts have a lot of irons in a lot of fires. For all you know, there's something like this already in development!

As others have said, the need to change SGUF to accommodate your desires seems wholly unnecessary, since you could create what you desire separately from SGUF.

If you want forums to be a part of your idea, then I imagine your beef is that you'd want the folks on this forum to populate that forum... and that will or will or not happen based on the environment that you create.

My suggestion is simple.

I Would like a meet up thing on here. If you go abroad for example and want to meet upp with fellow skeptic.
Seems easy enough to put in.

Thanks, bye. /Mike.

We have a member map, but I'd also love something like this, i.e., "sign up here if you're willing to meet up with visiting/nearby SGUF users," with those that opted into doing that showing up on a map and such.
Strange women lying in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.

Offline caue

• Off to a Start
  • Free-Wheeling Analyst
    • cregox
« Reply #346 on: July 08, 2014, 05:51:27 PM »
caue, the SGU hosts have a lot of irons in a lot of fires. For all you know, there's something like this already in development!

As others have said, the need to change SGUF to accommodate your desires seems wholly unnecessary, since you could create what you desire separately from SGUF.

If you want forums to be a part of your idea, then I imagine your beef is that you'd want the folks on this forum to populate that forum... and that will or will or not happen based on the environment that you create.

The environment is there for the folks to take. I'd actually prefer if someone else would build it and I had nothing to do with it, because there would be no stigma attached and then it would probably be built much faster. As it is right now, I'm not sure it has any chance of going forward.

I've talked Jay over email and he replied twice, once just yesterday. They have facebook and a nice looking news site already placed. I don't think they have anything for the forums or related to discourse in any level, but I hope I'm wrong there. In fact, I told him discourse could fit even as a commenting system on that news site, just like it does in codinghorror. I'd still like to see something like it to replace the forums as well but if Discourse was implemented anywhere I wouldn't care anymore.

As for me creating what I desire... Well, I just wished. I think it's pretty clear now I just can't do it. I've actually already paid that discourse site to stay up for at least another 10 months, so we'll see it again then. But I never wished to "create a community" nor a forum. I wished for something either much more ambitious or much less social.

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Comrade Questions
« Reply #347 on: July 08, 2014, 10:53:54 PM »
The bottom line is, you want something different than what we have here, and a lot of us like what we have here.

You failed to convince us your idea is superior enough to abandon what we have, so you options are partake in what exists, or to make your own new thing on its own. Both good, best of luck, I'd love to see you stay.
Strange women lying in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.

Offline caue

• Off to a Start
  • Free-Wheeling Analyst
    • cregox
« Reply #348 on: July 09, 2014, 07:38:17 AM »
The bottom line is, you want something different than what we have here, and a lot of us like what we have here.

You failed to convince us your idea is superior enough to abandon what we have, so you options are partake in what exists, or to make your own new thing on its own. Both good, best of luck, I'd love to see you stay.

Bottom line is all true. Thanks for all good wishes!

I will stay, but I'll be grumbling each time I use this inside.

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Comrade Questions
« Reply #349 on: July 09, 2014, 09:21:40 AM »
 :laugh:

That's tough but fair.

And I hope you see your project come to fruition, I think it'd be really cool.

Offline Plastiq

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #350 on: July 09, 2014, 10:17:05 AM »
... but I'll be grumbling each time I use this inside.

Sweet fucking Jesus.

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Well Established
  • 667 - Neighbor of the beast.
    • bLog for a righter/musican
« Reply #351 on: July 09, 2014, 12:51:21 PM »

Sweet fucking Jesus.
I hear Jesus prefers his rogering rough.  :laugh:
Tipping cows in fields Elysian.

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Comrade Questions
« Reply #352 on: July 09, 2014, 01:18:31 PM »
Heyooo!

Offline Plastiq

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #353 on: July 10, 2014, 12:12:28 AM »

Sweet fucking Jesus.
I hear Jesus prefers his rogering rough.  :laugh:

He's normally reticent with that information. You must be on the inside track. I'm jealous; you're almost guaranteed a ticket to heaven. Careful, though, he's a bit capricious, you mustn't become complacent in your relationship with him.

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Well Established
  • 667 - Neighbor of the beast.
    • bLog for a righter/musican
« Reply #354 on: July 10, 2014, 01:08:44 AM »
Yeah he's a real particular bastard about loyalty.
Tipping cows in fields Elysian.

personate-rain
personate-rain