Author Topic: Forum (sguforums.com) Change suggestions  (Read 20209 times)

Online Skulker

• Mafia Pimp
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • I survied both forum crashes of 2014!
Re: Forum (sguforums.com) Change suggestions
« Reply #300 on: August 24, 2012, 02:29:28 PM »
I've never seen a single post using that tag.

Also, bring back the thing you just took away!  (j/k)
You don't notice them because you have to hover over it for a second before it appears. Hover over "different color" in my previous post.
The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.
- Larry Hardiman

Online Skulker

• Mafia Pimp
  • Planetary Skeptic
« Reply #301 on: August 24, 2012, 02:30:51 PM »
Now if it would just put the "abbr' code tag in a , different color,  so that you know to mouse over it.

I actually thought the dotted underline was a good solution. visible enough to notice most of the time but not so obvious as to distract from reading the sentence. I try not to put anything important in there so that people who don't notice the underline (or don't know to mouse over) don't miss anything.
Is the dotted underline browser specific because I don't see any indication in IE.
The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.
- Larry Hardiman

Offline uolj

• Well Established
« Reply #302 on: August 24, 2012, 02:42:16 PM »
Now if it would just put the "abbr' code tag in a , different color,  so that you know to mouse over it.

I actually thought the dotted underline was a good solution. visible enough to notice most of the time but not so obvious as to distract from reading the sentence. I try not to put anything important in there so that people who don't notice the underline (or don't know to mouse over) don't miss anything.
Is the dotted underline browser specific because I don't see any indication in IE.

Oh, I guess so... it doesn't show up for me in IE or Chrome, but works in Firefox. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Offline pandamonium

• Skeptical Beer Inspector
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • sprog
« Reply #303 on: August 24, 2012, 02:49:02 PM »

Oh, I guess so... it doesn't show up for me in IE or Chrome, but works in Firefox. I'll have to keep that in mind.
Yeah, I just noticed that--the dotted underline shows up just fine on my laptop (Firefox), but doesn't show when I'm at work (Chrome). That's... stupid.

Online Skulker

• Mafia Pimp
  • Planetary Skeptic
« Reply #304 on: August 24, 2012, 02:55:08 PM »

Yeah, I just noticed that--the dotted underline shows up just fine on my laptop (Firefox), but doesn't show when I'm at work (Chrome). That's... stupid.
True but now it's a Forum Change Suggestion  ;D
- Larry Hardiman

Offline benbradley

• Brand New
« Reply #305 on: February 05, 2015, 10:46:27 PM »
How about adding a link on this site (sguforums.com) that goes to http://theskepticsguide.org ? That logo at the top left looks like a good thing to link to theskepticsguide.org, as it's not going anything right now. Someone might complain that it wouldn't go to the same place as the "Home" link on that black bar of control links, but I'll let someone else make a suggestion of how to make that more consistent.

I'm looking at that "hierarchy"
("Skeptics Guide to the Universe Forums»The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe»Suggestions»")
and I'm tempted to say something about it and where the links go, but whatever.

ONE link that goes 'back' to theskepticsguide.org would be good.

Offline TheIrreverend

• A Nonsensical Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Well Established
  • On Her Majesty's Prosecution Service
    • The Irreverend
« Reply #306 on: February 06, 2015, 06:46:38 AM »
How about adding a link on this site (sguforums.com) that goes to http://theskepticsguide.org ? That logo at the top left looks like a good thing to link to theskepticsguide.org, as it's not going anything right now. Someone might complain that it wouldn't go to the same place as the "Home" link on that black bar of control links, but I'll let someone else make a suggestion of how to make that more consistent.

I'm looking at that "hierarchy"
("Skeptics Guide to the Universe Forums»The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe»Suggestions»")
and I'm tempted to say something about it and where the links go, but whatever.

ONE link that goes 'back' to theskepticsguide.org would be good.

On the main page the link "Be sure to visit The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe for podcast archives, show notes, SGU videos, more skeptical resources, membership information, and more." leads right where you want to go.

Offline God

• Habitually cranky
  • Administrator
  • Off to a Start
  • I watch you poop. And everything else you do.
« Reply #307 on: March 11, 2015, 06:12:16 PM »
Brilligtove, I've moved your question to the Tech Admin forum.