Author Topic: Forum (sguforums.com) Change suggestions  (Read 17250 times)

Online Skulker

• Mafia Pimp
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • I survived the crash of '14 !
Re: Forum (sguforums.com) Change suggestions
« Reply #300 on: August 24, 2012, 02:29:28 PM »
I've never seen a single post using that tag.

Also, bring back the thing you just took away!  (j/k)
You don't notice them because you have to hover over it for a second before it appears. Hover over "different color" in my previous post.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Online Skulker

• Mafia Pimp
  • Planetary Skeptic
« Reply #301 on: August 24, 2012, 02:30:51 PM »
Now if it would just put the "abbr' code tag in a , different color,  so that you know to mouse over it.

I actually thought the dotted underline was a good solution. visible enough to notice most of the time but not so obvious as to distract from reading the sentence. I try not to put anything important in there so that people who don't notice the underline (or don't know to mouse over) don't miss anything.
Is the dotted underline browser specific because I don't see any indication in IE.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Offline uolj

• Well Established
« Reply #302 on: August 24, 2012, 02:42:16 PM »
Now if it would just put the "abbr' code tag in a , different color,  so that you know to mouse over it.

I actually thought the dotted underline was a good solution. visible enough to notice most of the time but not so obvious as to distract from reading the sentence. I try not to put anything important in there so that people who don't notice the underline (or don't know to mouse over) don't miss anything.
Is the dotted underline browser specific because I don't see any indication in IE.

Oh, I guess so... it doesn't show up for me in IE or Chrome, but works in Firefox. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Offline pandamonium

• Skeptical Beer Inspector
  • All Board Access
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • FB relationship status: non-binary anarchy
    • Oodles of Doodles - My blog
« Reply #303 on: August 24, 2012, 02:49:02 PM »

Oh, I guess so... it doesn't show up for me in IE or Chrome, but works in Firefox. I'll have to keep that in mind.
Yeah, I just noticed that--the dotted underline shows up just fine on my laptop (Firefox), but doesn't show when I'm at work (Chrome). That's... stupid.

Rillon's Law
"
I think we should lynch people who are in the mafia.--EhJayArr
"I'm hungry but it's ok that's why we've got a confessions stand."

Online Skulker

• Mafia Pimp
  • Planetary Skeptic
« Reply #304 on: August 24, 2012, 02:55:08 PM »

Yeah, I just noticed that--the dotted underline shows up just fine on my laptop (Firefox), but doesn't show when I'm at work (Chrome). That's... stupid.
True but now it's a Forum Change Suggestion  ;D

personate-rain