Author Topic: Podcast Interview suggestions  (Read 42586 times)

Offline Jayhox

• Seasoned Contributor
  • The Skeptical Dentist
Re: Podcast Interview suggestions
« Reply #345 on: June 18, 2016, 04:03:30 PM »
I would highly recommend Lydia Finch, an ex-Jehovah's witness in the UK who is speaking out against the abuses (sexual and psychological) within the church. Her story is moving and compelling, and it was science and skepticism that led her away from her traumatic past and into being an advocate for people in the religion who are afraid to leave or for people who have left but are isolated and shunned.  She would be fantastic.   (I posted a YouTube of an interview in the Religion section of the forum.  Check it out.)

Grant

Offline believeitornot

• Keeps Priorities Straight
« Reply #346 on: August 07, 2016, 04:57:27 AM »
Todd Rider, a brilliant scientists with accomplishments in a variety of fields (for instance, he proved that many types of fusion reactor cannot work) and who's got a viable method for a comprehensive antiviral drug but cannot get funding.

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #347 on: September 18, 2016, 01:11:30 PM »
I would suggest interviewing Amardeo Sarma, co-founder of GWUP, the German national skeptical association, as well as ECSO, the European umbrella group of skeptical organizations.

Here is an interview with him in the European Skeptics Podcast.
"Large skepticism leads to large understanding. Small skepticism leads to small understanding. No skepticism leads to no understanding." - Xi Zhi

Offline PabloHoney

• Off to a Start
« Reply #348 on: September 27, 2016, 10:49:28 PM »
I recommend you guys interview Richard J. Davidson. 
He studies the science of meditation - especially neuroscience and changes in the brains of meditators. 

Here's him on the excellent 10% Happier podcast.  Start listening at 44:45 to hear him talking about how he ensures scientific rigor in his studies.

Offline jpaulr

• Brand New
« Reply #349 on: October 07, 2016, 12:48:55 PM »
Jeff Goldbloom - He might be hard to get on the show, but I recommend listening to his interview on WTF, especially the last 20 minutes or so. Marc offhandedly says something about his astrological sign and Goldbloom responds with "you know that's bs, right?" Which prompts Goldbloom to talk about reading A Demon Haunted World, praising Neil deGrasse Tyson, and saying that Cosmos was the first show he'd show his kid. He also pointed out that he wore a leather jacket as Ian Malcolm because "scientists are cool."

While he's not a "career-skeptic", he said he's trying to be more skeptical and seemed very excited to promote science and skepticism. It'd be great to hear if he has a "conversion story" and how he gets-along in a business so filled of woo.

personate-rain
personate-rain