Author Topic: Website (theskepticsguide.org) Change suggestions  (Read 6428 times)

Offline Mark7300

• The Happy Bunny
  • Frequent Poster
  • Other people are the problem.
Re: Donations
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2011, 02:13:18 PM »
if they wish to increase the number and the amount of donations made they need to change a number of things.

They should make the option to donate more prominent.
They need to offer clear options for specific donations. In other words the option to donate per episode or a donation for a specific goal. For instance an event they wish to organize, bandwidth, whatever... People will donate more if they have a good idea of what will happen with their money. If there was a clear breakdown of goals (travel, website costs, podcast costs, etc) you could choose to donate to a specific goal or to the general budget. it would also be possible to track % of funding achieved needed for an episode/year/month/goal.

Steve needs to mention the possibility of donating every single episode. He needs to ask explicitly for the donations and he needs to do so regularly. This will be more effective if he states clearly how a little can help a lot. $5 buys us.... $10 buys us.. etc.

it is clear that they are not that interested in the fundraising part and want to spend more time on the skepticism. For obvious reasons. However, they would achieve a lot more if they had more cash...

I'm a Pareidoliaologist.

Offline xxi_centuryboy

• Brand New
  • Apathetic bloody planet, I've no sympathy at all
Re: Website (theskepticsguide.org) Change suggestions
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2012, 08:27:41 AM »
The SGUFans Link appears to be broken and sends me out of the site. I would recommend taking it out if not in use anymore.

Offline Billzbub

• Well Established
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2012, 10:06:42 AM »
Can you add a section to the web site that gives various methods of using smart phones to listen to the podcasts?  I've been using BeyondPod for a while but it is screwing up now and I need a new solution.  I thought I could just zip over to the web page and get some instructions for using this or that podcast player for Android, but I don't see any information like that here.

The reason I want a podcast player rather than just streaming it from the web site is so I can listen to 15 minutes on my way to work and pick up where I left off on my way home from work.  I don't think streaming from the web site lets me do that.

Thanks.

Online Dan I

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2014, 10:39:41 AM »
This is more a suggestion for the store but this seemed to best thread to put it in. I would totally buy an SGU coffee mug or travel mug.

personate-rain