Author Topic: Podcast Change suggestions  (Read 22287 times)

Offline T.A.P.O.R.

• Stopped Going Outside
Re: Podcast Change suggestions
« Reply #300 on: January 25, 2012, 05:00:21 PM »
The only thing that should be done the hard way is exercise.  :D

And your mom.

Ahh.. she's dead dude.

Sorry.  Reflex.  Every once in a while my 14 year-old self comes to the surface.

That's ok.
I've pulled that joke on the wrong person myself.

Offline Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
« Reply #301 on: January 25, 2012, 05:03:16 PM »
The only thing that should be done the hard way is exercise.  :D

And your mom.

Ahh.. she's dead dude.

Sorry.  Reflex.  Every once in a while my 14 year-old self comes to the surface.

That's ok.
I've pulled that joke on the wrong person myself.

That's why I usually prefer "in my pants" but unfortunately your set up didn't mesh with it.

Offline GodSlayer

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #302 on: January 25, 2012, 05:39:16 PM »
sorry if I made anyone cry
Quote from: Dale Carnegie
When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion.

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Break a leg, badger!
« Reply #303 on: January 25, 2012, 05:44:05 PM »

How much more do we have to talk until you start demanding lunch money?

Offline GodSlayer

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #304 on: January 25, 2012, 05:54:11 PM »

your worthless currency is safe.
When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion.

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Break a leg, badger!
« Reply #305 on: January 25, 2012, 06:34:50 PM »

your worthless currency is safe.

Now you made my money cry...

Offline ralius

• Off to a Start
« Reply #306 on: March 04, 2012, 02:44:08 AM »
How about a live broadcast show every few months or so?
This would be pretty cool, as you've already got the Skepti-lair set up, or you could do something where people are able to watch you guys on skype... If thats even possible.

Pretty cool idea in my head

Offline Johnny Slick

• Jesus Christ HI PANDA U R HOT
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • Evilution's Worst Nightmare
« Reply #307 on: March 05, 2012, 10:52:25 AM »
I think the next SGU should be devoted to the compelling question that is: if there are no such thing as Bigfoot, who had the sheer brainpower to make the majesty that is Crank 2: High Voltage?
"Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone." - Oscar Wilde

Quote from: Schlock Treatment, Episode 73
There is only one Johnny Slick, and he is a son of a [redacted].

Offline WeeDavie

• Off to a Start
« Reply #308 on: April 17, 2012, 09:08:41 AM »
I really love the SGU but the English woman at the end ruins an otherwise great podcast.

Why not change to a Scots accent? Regulary voted more trustworthy and much more sexy.

Offline Johnny Slick

• Jesus Christ HI PANDA U R HOT
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • Evilution's Worst Nightmare
« Reply #309 on: April 17, 2012, 10:54:30 AM »
Hey man, that's iszi you're talking about!  >:(
"Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone." - Oscar Wilde

Quote from: Schlock Treatment, Episode 73
There is only one Johnny Slick, and he is a son of a [redacted].

Offline GodSlayer

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #310 on: April 17, 2012, 11:38:22 PM »
I really love the SGU but the English woman at the end ruins an otherwise great podcast.

Why not change to a Scots accent? Regulary voted more trustworthy and much more sexy.

amazing how a British woman can retroactively ruin 77minutes of show content. are all Brits capable of such atrocities?

Offline Shadow Of A Doubt

• Well Established
  • Itinerant fantasist
« Reply #311 on: April 18, 2012, 08:01:33 AM »

Congratulations on making the Scottish look small-minded and petty!
"What, are you also proposing some magical colour midway between black and white?  Shall we call it "whack", maybe, or "blite"?  Nice imagination there, buddy."
amysrevenge

Offline Jon Garvin

• Off to a Start
« Reply #312 on: April 19, 2012, 12:09:14 PM »
The 5x5 podcast episode mp3's need to have the "Artist" ID3 tag set to "SGU Productions" just as they are on on the full length show (instead of left blank, as they are now).  This way the 5x5 episodes can be properly credited to the SGU page on last.fm [ last.fm/music/SGU%2520Productions ], and in turn then properly posted to my FB wall when I listen to them, further annoying educating my woowoo friends.  >:D

Offline GodSlayer

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #313 on: April 21, 2012, 02:24:55 AM »
The 5x5 podcast episode mp3's need to have the "Artist" ID3 tag set to "SGU Productions" just as they are on on the full length show (instead of left blank, as they are now).  This way the 5x5 episodes can be properly credited to the SGU page on last.fm [ last.fm/music/SGU%2520Productions ], and in turn then properly posted to my FB wall when I listen to them, further annoying educating my woowoo friends.  >:D

you can edit it yourself :P

personally I always change mine to 'Skeptics' Guide' and album to 'Skeptics' Guide to the Universe', leaving 'productions' in the 'composer' additional information (since it is, after all, just an affectation). ...and I rename the mp3 'SGU' for my mp3 player (smaller titles are better), but I call the mp3 Skeptics' Guide - ep### on my local drive.

how inconsiderate of them to not cater to my needs.

Offline Jon Garvin

• Off to a Start
« Reply #314 on: April 23, 2012, 03:18:03 PM »
you can edit it yourself :P

You can't be serious. You manually edit the ID3 tags for mp3's that you're only going to listen to once?  "Too Much Spare Time" seems to be an understatement.  ::)

My suggestion was to help SGU take better advantage of social listening services like last.fm to improve exposure.  I'm fairly certain that it would take no more than 37.5 seconds to make a one time setting in whatever tool they use for recording or editing the episodes to permanently set the "artist" tag which would then automatically carry over into all future episodes.  Leaving that setting blank (as is the case with the 5x5 episodes) means they're missing out on free publicity via all their fans that use tools like last.fm.

My phone automatically downloads new episodes for all the podcasts I listen to (via BeyondPod), queues them up to play automatically, scrobbles them to last.fm when I listen (unless the "artist" or "title" tags are blank), and then automatically deletes them after moving on to the next podcast.

I've got much better things to do with my time than inject myself in that process every day to manually inspect and edit ID3 tags, nor would that work on my part do anything to help the hundreds of other SGU fans that would like to have their 5x5 listens properly credited to the official "SGU Productions" page on last.fm (without each having to manually and repeatedly edit ID3 tags).