Author Topic: Please Remember To Use The Organization Format!  (Read 6632 times)

Offline JamesTate

• I'm Actually Mr. Wiggles
  • Frequent Poster
  • All things being equal
    • A Skeptics Journey
Please Remember To Use The Organization Format!
« on: September 25, 2009, 07:38:01 AM »
We do have method of keeping this section organized to make it easier to navigate.

And it is:

(Many thanks to Apeiron for the time he spent organizing this forum, and this post.  -Beleth)

Contents
1. Request for thread title consistency
2. List of changed thread titles
3. Links

1. Request for thread title consistency
In an effort to keep this forum section well organized (the advantages of which are obvious), I suggest we try the following:

• All threads about a specific book should follow the following thread title format: Author - Title (Year)
    example: Phil Plait - Bad Astronomy (2002)
  • All threads about an author should follow the following thread title format: Author
    example: Richard Dawkins (*)
  • All threads about a series should follow the following thread title format: Author - SeriesName (BeginYear - EndYear)
    example: Robert Jordan - The Wheel of Time (1990 - 2009)
All other discussions, for example a thread about a specific genre or about recommendations, can of course have titles other than the proposed format.

I intend to edit thread titles that do not stick to the format but fall within the three categories. I will however save the original titles on my harddisk and in this thread so that things can always be reversed if necessary. Below you find a list of changed thread titles.

* currently not enforced
"Always a plus when you aren't associated with genocide." - IrishJazz
"Doesn't this sound like a spaceship?" - Lady Cyrtpess
"A dry vagina is a sad vagina." -Pandaioum

personate-rain