Author Topic: So what do we all look like?  (Read 426617 times)

Offline daniel1948

• Well Established
  • Cat Lovers Against the Bomb
Re: So what do we all look like?
« Reply #7350 on: March 31, 2016, 04:18:03 PM »
The top and bottom pictures are all squeezed horizontally, making you look unnaturally thin.
Yeah, I screwed around with the ratios a bit and couldnt get it right so said "Screw it" if you want to suggest a ratio then I will apply it?

How about whatever came out of the camera in the first place? Surely your camera didn't do that?

As for your friend's belief in Bigfoot, surely that's no stupider than belief in God! I find it incomprehensible that people can believe in God, but folks keep saying that some very intelligent people do. So, I guess Bigfoot's okay, as long as he isn't telling his believers any of the stupid crap that preachers tell theirs.

And cotton? Great for the city, but one of the first things I learned about hiking was Never wear cotton in the mountains.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #7351 on: March 31, 2016, 04:48:11 PM »
Well I have no idea how it came out of the camera. We took the pics on a phone, I uploaded to imgur and then copy/pasted the links.
The bigfoot thing, yeah, no worse than belief in god (he is a froth at the mouth athiest though who debates theists on tv and radio) but just because its no worse than another thing, doesnt make it less annoying to basically get lectured on.

I should stress that this is one of my dearest friends in the world and a person for whom I have huge respect. We just evaluate sources differently. He is a massive evangelical fan of Bill Maher, Sam Harris and Joe Rogan as well as Richard Dawkins, so theres tons of stuff we dont see eye to eye on. He has been there for me more than almost anyone in the last 15years though and that counts for a lot.

Offline brilligtove

• Frequent Poster
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
    • Valuum
« Reply #7352 on: March 31, 2016, 05:48:21 PM »

I just reset the width to 550 for all three, and deleted the height setting. The site leaves the original aspect ratio, and even calculates it for you.
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Offline Harry Black

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #7353 on: March 31, 2016, 05:57:03 PM »
Cheers! My previous postings were all MASSIVE when I left the site to do its thing.
Someday I will get the hang of this.

Offline daniel1948

• Well Established
  • Cat Lovers Against the Bomb
« Reply #7354 on: March 31, 2016, 06:23:19 PM »

I just reset the width to 550 for all three, and deleted the height setting. The site leaves the original aspect ratio, and even calculates it for you.

Yes, much better. I think the trick is to set the width OR the height, and let the computer set the other. When you set both you're telling it you don't want to preserve the original aspect ratio.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline GodSlayer

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #7355 on: April 01, 2016, 05:26:38 PM »
I think the trick is to set the width OR the height, and let the computer set the other. When you set both you're telling it you don't want to preserve the original aspect ratio.

I just had to click the ones you mentioned and they displayed full size in proper ratio
Quote from: Thomas Ligotti
"One cringes to hear scientists cooing over the universe or any part thereof like schoolgirls over-heated by their first crush.

Online arthwollipot

• Frequent Poster
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #7356 on: April 01, 2016, 06:48:39 PM »
If you're hosting on Imgur, you can get it to give you the links for variously-sized thumbnails.

I find the Large Thumbnail size most useful for forums.
Do or do not. There is no spoon.

Only Zuul.

Offline Harry Black

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #7357 on: April 01, 2016, 07:12:57 PM »
If you're hosting on Imgur, you can get it to give you the links for variously-sized thumbnails.

I find the Large Thumbnail size most useful for forums.
It doesnt do that for me anymore on android.

Online arthwollipot

• Frequent Poster
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #7358 on: April 01, 2016, 07:16:25 PM »
Well, I don't understand how anyone can possibly do anything at all with images on a mobile phone, so there's that. :p

If there is one thing I'll always recommend, it's always use a browser on a computer when trying to do anything with images. No exceptions. Never try to use a mobile - that way lies utter madness.

Only Zuul.

Offline Harry Black

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #7359 on: April 01, 2016, 07:25:53 PM »
Im just hardly ever at my computer and I hate using it for forums.
Ah well.

Offline TudorGothicSerpent

• Off to a Start
  • Lived, Lives, Will Live - Died, Dies, Will Die
« Reply #7360 on: April 01, 2016, 07:27:32 PM »

This would probably look better if I didn't have glasses on under the giant party glasses, but oh well.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 07:33:10 PM by TudorGothicSerpent »

Offline Soldier of FORTRAN

• Frequent Poster
  • Cache rules everything around me.
« Reply #7361 on: April 01, 2016, 08:06:06 PM »
Pro-tip: Adding a terminal s, m, l, etc. before the file type is how imgur adjusts size.   

http://i.imgur.com/iOuzC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iOuzCs.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iOuzCb.jpg
Every soup ladled to the hungry, every blanket draped over the cold signifies, in the final sense, a theft from my gigantic paycheck.

Online arthwollipot

• Frequent Poster
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #7362 on: April 02, 2016, 01:26:19 AM »
Pro-tip: Adding a terminal s, m, l, etc. before the file type is how imgur adjusts size.

If thinking in code comes naturally to you, then that's certainly a good way of doing it. Most people don't think in code. Most of us just copy whatever the black box feeds to us, because that's what works.

Only Zuul.

personate-rain
personate-rain