Author Topic: Introduce yourself here!  (Read 315652 times)

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Well Established
  • 667 - Neighbor of the beast.
    • bLog for a righter/musican
Re: Introduce yourself here!
« Reply #5685 on: April 14, 2014, 03:51:11 PM »
I'm candleshoe.

I'm "brand new"   :)

Fresh starts can be good things!

For instance I got a new job.  It starts April 28.  Of course one of the things I did was pre-ask off for TAM  ;)

Airfare purchased, the rest will be purchased by end of month.

whoops.. and the rest for those who haven't met me (and since I was never very prolific at posting).
I'm Sherry, married to Jeff.  Fans of the show. From the Austin area of Texas.  We are both programmers.
Yes! We hung out at TAM! At the bacon and donut party. You guys are attending again?
Tipping cows in fields Elysian.

Offline candleshoe

• Triskaidekaphilic
« Reply #5686 on: April 14, 2014, 05:05:10 PM »
I'm candleshoe.

For instance I got a new job.  It starts April 28.  Of course one of the things I did was pre-ask off for TAM  ;)

whoops.. and the rest for those who haven't met me (and since I was never very prolific at posting).
I'm Sherry, married to Jeff.  Fans of the show. From the Austin area of Texas.  We are both programmers.
Yes! We hung out at TAM! At the bacon and donut party. You guys are attending again?
Yes!  That was my 50th Birthday! 

Yes, airfare is purchased.  Trying to get a room booked and then after the next paycheck will get our passes.

Will you be there? We need a TAM thread, cause I'm already very excited.

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Well Established
  • 667 - Neighbor of the beast.
    • bLog for a righter/musican
« Reply #5687 on: April 14, 2014, 05:28:30 PM »
I'm candleshoe.

Yes, airfare is purchased.  Trying to get a room booked and then after the next paycheck will get our passes.

Nah not this year. It's been a bizarre year for sure and not really in the budget this time around. I hope you guys have fun though!
Tipping cows in fields Elysian.

Offline AQB24712

• Not a Euphemism.
  • Global Moderator
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • Did you just call me..."Bacon girl"?
« Reply #5688 on: April 14, 2014, 05:30:30 PM »
I'm candleshoe.

Nah not this year. It's been a bizarre year for sure and not really in the budget this time around. I hope you guys have fun though!

I think Cognoscento said he was going this year, and he's a doll baby (did you meet him when he came by for drinks last year?); and if mindme shows up with his girlfriend, he's rather a sweetheart as well. 
"There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind."  Kurt Vonnegut
"You can bet your last money it's all gonna be a stone gas, honey."  Don Cornelius
'What a nose...and ur hair color...from another planet. ..Rafael here...how r u?" some dude on a dating site

Offline candleshoe

• Triskaidekaphilic
« Reply #5689 on: April 14, 2014, 05:56:51 PM »
I'm candleshoe.

I think Cognoscento said he was going this year, and he's a doll baby (did you meet him when he came by for drinks last year?); and if mindme shows up with his girlfriend, he's rather a sweetheart as well.

<grumble grumble grumble>  I get it.  Budgets and all.. but darn.  Maybe you'll get a winfall betwixt now and then.
So I've been gone, what bizaro happened?

AQB you'll be there, yes?  Panda?  Shadowsot you going to do the bus adventures?

Offline AQB24712

• Not a Euphemism.
  • Global Moderator
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • Did you just call me..."Bacon girl"?
« Reply #5690 on: April 14, 2014, 06:16:27 PM »
Not me, sorry, hon.  Expensive health problems for both members of my household, etc., and I haven't won the Powerball yet.  :-\
"There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind."  Kurt Vonnegut
"You can bet your last money it's all gonna be a stone gas, honey."  Don Cornelius
'What a nose...and ur hair color...from another planet. ..Rafael here...how r u?" some dude on a dating site

Offline pandamonium

• Skeptical Beer Inspector
  • All Board Access
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • FB relationship status: non-binary anarchy
    • Oodles of Doodles - My blog
« Reply #5691 on: April 15, 2014, 03:23:35 AM »
AQB you'll be there, yes?  Panda?  Shadowsot you going to do the bus adventures?
I can't this year, I've got colleges to harass and friends to apply to.

Wait.

Rillon's Law
"
I think we should lynch people who are in the mafia.--EhJayArr
"I'm hungry but it's ok that's why we've got a confessions stand."

Offline mathsoholic

• Brand New
  • If you can, do.
« Reply #5692 on: April 15, 2014, 05:43:53 AM »
Maybe I should write a little hello (again) too: Hello!

I'm a chronic lurker, slightly afraid of posting but an interested reader. I'll probably continue to hang out mostly in the shadows.

Anyway, I'm finishing my degree at the moment (ehm, well... trying to), applying for jobs and enjoying my last months of being a student before life kicks in (or whatever happens once you leave the protected world that's university). 

Thanks for such a great forum! It has given me many good perspectives and insights. :)

Offline candleshoe

• Triskaidekaphilic
« Reply #5693 on: April 22, 2014, 12:46:41 AM »

Wait.

What do those applications look like?  :P

Offline pandamonium

• Skeptical Beer Inspector
  • All Board Access
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • FB relationship status: non-binary anarchy
    • Oodles of Doodles - My blog
« Reply #5694 on: April 22, 2014, 01:08:47 AM »

Wait.

What do those applications look like?  :P
"will you put up with my shit y/y"

Rillon's Law
"
I think we should lynch people who are in the mafia.--EhJayArr
"I'm hungry but it's ok that's why we've got a confessions stand."

Offline Skulker

• Mafia Pimp
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • I survived the Forum crash of '14 !
« Reply #5695 on: April 22, 2014, 06:12:25 AM »
Maybe I should write a little hello (again) too: Hello!

I'm a chronic lurker, slightly afraid of posting but an interested reader. I'll probably continue to hang out mostly in the shadows.

Anyway, I'm finishing my degree at the moment (ehm, well... trying to), applying for jobs and enjoying my last months of being a student before life kicks in (or whatever happens once you leave the protected world that's university). 

Thanks for such a great forum! It has given me many good perspectives and insights. :)
Welcome back and don't be afraid to throw in your 2¢ or your currency of choice.  ;D
No trees were killed in the posting of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Offline antiCraig

• Brand New
« Reply #5696 on: April 22, 2014, 01:02:11 PM »
Heyyo!

I'm new to the skeptics forum.  I'm a casual, infrequent listener to the show.

I decided to come here after getting tired of Facebook conversations constructed almost entirely of logical fallacies.

So hey all!  Looking forward to being proven wrong, the right way!  ;)

PS: the activation email went straight to my gmail spam folder.  almost missed it!

Offline Henning

• Official Forum Artist
  • Frequent Poster
    • Anomalina
« Reply #5697 on: April 22, 2014, 01:05:34 PM »
I wonder how Craig feels about your presence here.  :)

ETA: welcome, and well-put.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 01:10:02 PM by Henning »
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Offline Skulker

• Mafia Pimp
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • I survived the Forum crash of '14 !
« Reply #5698 on: April 22, 2014, 01:12:29 PM »
I wonder how Craig feels about your presence here:)

ETA: welcome, and well-put.
Should be ok as long as the two of them don't meet.  ;)
No trees were killed in the posting of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.