Author Topic: Introduce yourself here!  (Read 324357 times)

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • A naturally occuring source of paranoia.
Re: Hola!
« Reply #5760 on: July 17, 2014, 07:03:16 AM »
[...] I gatecrashed AuSkepCon.

Heeey... I didnt know we were allowed to do that!

It's all about who you know ;)

AQB24712 and Morvis13 I'll have you know I am a person of impeccable taste, music-wise!

Forgive me for doubting due to lack of evidence.
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Morvis' Law: Anything that does go wrong is my fault.

Online Teqs

• Off to a Start
Re: Hola!
« Reply #5761 on: July 17, 2014, 08:52:48 PM »
Forgive me for doubting due to lack of evidence.

Well, you could choose to take it on the second-hand testimony of people you don't know and will never meet, or, you know, on f-

Sorry, for a second there I forgot where I am. :P
The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas-covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be. - Douglas Noel Adams

Offline LawGuyBen

• Off to a Start
    • Science Law and Policy
Re: Introduce yourself here!
« Reply #5762 on: July 22, 2014, 04:12:44 PM »
Hello all, my name's Ben. I'm a lawyer (sorry) currently in Lexington, Kentucky, but I've been bouncing around the Great Lakesish region for most of my life. I've been observing the skeptical community from afar for the last couple years, but I've never really dived into anything yet and I finally decided to mix things up a little bit. In all my years of interneting I've never participated in a forum community (I'm only a few years late to the party), so go easy on me, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.

Online drwfishesman

• Well Established
  • Local Despot
    • Google+ Profile
« Reply #5763 on: July 23, 2014, 07:13:55 AM »
Hello all, my name's Ben. I'm a lawyer (sorry) currently in Lexington, Kentucky, but I've been bouncing around the Great Lakesish region for most of my life. I've been observing the skeptical community from afar for the last couple years, but I've never really dived into anything yet and I finally decided to mix things up a little bit. In all my years of interneting I've never participated in a forum community (I'm only a few years late to the party), so go easy on me, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.

If you study cognitive biases long enough you come to the conclusion that no one else know what they're doing either.

I lived in Versailles for several years and went to Keenland for the races a fair bit. Lexington is a pretty cool city. I liked it there.

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals". Kay, from Men in Black

Offline LawGuyBen

• Off to a Start
    • Science Law and Policy
« Reply #5764 on: July 23, 2014, 08:39:24 PM »

If you study cognitive biases long enough you come to the conclusion that no one else know what they're doing either.

I lived in Versailles for several years and went to Keenland for the races a fair bit. Lexington is a pretty cool city. I liked it there.

My first post and I've already stumbled into an existential crisis, a pretty good days work.

I like Lexington well enough, its better than I thought it might be, but its a little too far from the action for my taste.

Offline Henning

• Official Forum Artist
  • Frequent Poster
    • Anomalina
« Reply #5765 on: July 25, 2014, 06:00:15 PM »
Good to have a law-guy here, welcome, BEN.
I'd stick with that over "lawyer"  :)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. --Voltaire

personate-rain
personate-rain