Author Topic: Anyone up for some online RPGing?  (Read 4549 times)

Online Johnny Slick

• "Goddammit, Slick."
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Evilution's Worst Nightmare
Re: Anyone up for some online RPGing?
« Reply #285 on: May 10, 2015, 09:57:11 PM »
Ha, sounds good.
"Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone." - Oscar Wilde

Quote from: Schlock Treatment, Episode 73
There is only one Johnny Slick, and he is a son of a [redacted].

Online Johnny Slick

• "Goddammit, Slick."
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #286 on: May 12, 2015, 08:11:40 PM »
So, *a* video is up, although it's not new from this week, it's from last week. Yes, I know I am lazy.

"Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone." - Oscar Wilde

Offline brilligtove

• Well Established
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
    • Valuum
« Reply #287 on: May 12, 2015, 09:16:18 PM »
I'll see about loading this up for background during some non-brain work tomorrow.

There's a slight chance Val can participate on Saturday, perhaps to make a farewell-for-now (it's May Twofer here, so the regular daughter-activities are in hiatus). If that won't disrupt the tale, I'll see what I can do. Otherwise, just let me know in what disposition Val was left (y'know, fer closure).  ;)
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Online Johnny Slick

• "Goddammit, Slick."
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #288 on: May 13, 2015, 08:59:08 AM »
I think it would be OK. *I* may not be able to make this weekend, though, because there's a strong possibility that I'll be moving on to my next job. I will send out the old email as soon as I've got things sorted out.

And part B of the next-to-latest session:

Online Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Natural Source of Paranoia
« Reply #289 on: May 15, 2015, 10:27:42 AM »
Heat rippled off the sand as the blinding sun beat down unrelenting. Wave on wave of dehydration crashed on the sea of yellow while wisps of dry sand devils danced. Dune after dune stacked up endlessly to contrast the cloudless blue sky. The sun barely seemed to waver in the sky as it baked the desert.

Trudging up a dune was a small figure wrapped in cloth. The sand whipped around him as he staggered with the weight of the heat pushing him down in the sand. He crested the dune and nearly fell as he staggered down the other side waiting for the next wave of sand to drown him. At the bottom of the dune he stood for a moment to soak up what little shade he could but knew that if he hoped to survive he would have to keep walking.

If hell was a lake of fire then this was far worse. Endless sand and heat crushing around you as you fought just to keep walking. Every exhale removing more moisture from your body as you struggled not to sweat. The boy fought every instinct to empty the small canteen that was your only means of staying alive.

At the top of another dune the figure pauses to look back at his footsteps behind him. They seem to be going in a straight line but the wind devils started to erase the path back. Looking back around to his path the boy thought he saw a twinkle of an oasis but he knew it was an illusion. He continued to walk down the dune and up the next one. At the top of the next pile of sand the same flash shone in the distance but again it was shrugged off.

Several dunes later the boy paused again to view his progress and noticed the illusion again. It seemed to be getting closer so he keeps walking in his straight direction despite the shining tempting him off the path. Once he was about to pass the object the temptation was too strong and he turned to follow the top of the dune. A detour due to a dehydrated and delusional brain could well be deadly.

Once closer the shining looked like a piece of the sky had fallen into the sand. This convinced Rodderick he was imagining it but he couldn't take his eyes off and he continued to walk. Finally he collapsed from the head near the mirage edge he was going to die in the desert due to his mind playing tricks on him. He reached down to the sliver of blue lying in the sand and as he expected his hand passed thru the illusion. Yet the illusion didn't disappear. It still lay there just large enough to be a window into the sky. He reached out again just to be sure and again his hand passed through the figment of his fully baked imagination.

This time he felt a cold wind on his fingertips as his hand passed through the illusion. He held his hand there enjoying the air and then pulled his hand out to make sure his hand was real. Then he looked down into the window in the sand. He saw the blue sky and clouds in the sliver of his imagination. With nothing to lose he stuck his head in and expected to taste sand. The cool air felt so good on his cheeks he nearly forgot to open his eyes.

Looking around all he could see was sky and clouds. The cool breeze felt so good but it felt more like he was on a mountain then kneeling in the desert. He looked around and couldn't see the ground from his angle. He reached his hand through again and released a handful of dirt. He watched it fall back toward him then disappear presumably back into the desert.

Pulling his head back into the baking sun nearly made him pass out. He looked around and there was no fresh pile of sand. He tossed in another handful of sand to see if it would bounce back but it didn't. He looked around the desert sky and say no cloud at all so he couldn't tell if the window was into another location.

Roderrick stood up and walked around the window then tried to get a better look at the edges. There was nothing but an edge and where the sand rippled under the window was a shadow. It was as if there was just a hole in the sand.

With the heat blazing down and face with the conundrum the boy did what he thought was best. He jumped in the window. From a distance it looked like the boy suddenly appeared midair above the town. He immediately started to fall and had enough time to flap his arms around before he hit a palm tree. The leaves slapped his face and the trunk bent under his weight. He rolled and landed on a small shed. The slanted roof rang like a bell and he slid down the slope. He came to rest on the grass after bouncing off the woodpile.

Dazed and stunned he groaned as he pushed himself up to look around. It really wasn't much of a village. Just a couple shacks but it looked abandoned. The buildings were in a state of disuse. At least no one saw or heard him bounce off the roof. He brushed himself off as he stood up and rubbed his shoulder where he landed then staggered over to the well for some much needed water.

Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Morvis' Law: Anything that does go wrong is my fault.

Online Johnny Slick

• "Goddammit, Slick."
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #290 on: May 22, 2015, 06:36:06 PM »
I'm gonna need to suspend for this week, as I need to start packing up for [wherever I end up in the future]. I'm going to guess next week will be a travel week as well. Sorry guys!

Online Johnny Slick

• "Goddammit, Slick."
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #291 on: May 27, 2015, 01:38:08 PM »
Sorry to cancel 2 weeks straight, guys, but I will literally be out of town all of Friday for an interview (fingers crossed! Although not as heavily crossed as the remote gig!) and might be shipping out Saturday anyway. I'll keep y'all posted!

Online Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Natural Source of Paranoia
« Reply #292 on: May 27, 2015, 01:39:23 PM »
damn it I so could have played last week. I'm tentative this weekend. But since you are cancelling anyway I'll find some other trouble to get into. If I get bored I'll write another story.
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Morvis' Law: Anything that does go wrong is my fault.

Online Johnny Slick

• "Goddammit, Slick."
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #293 on: May 27, 2015, 01:46:34 PM »
Yeah, sorry. Once everything gets settled, wherever I am I should have me some high speed Internets and awesome accoutrements, so that should be a thing.