Author Topic: TAM 2015  (Read 352 times)

Offline Beleth

• Administrator Emeritus
  • Too Much Spare Time
TAM 2015
« on: February 03, 2015, 09:50:50 AM »
The Amaz!ng Meeting 2015
July 16-19, 2015
The Tropicana Las Vegas
http://www.amazingmeeting.com/

Given everything that has happened over the last year at the JREF, especially DJ Grothe leaving and Randi retiring, it is not unreasonable to conclude that this will be the last TAM. Given that, I'm going to make every effort to go and see a lot of my friends for what might be the last time. 75% of the fun of TAM is the people you meet at the bar anyway, so if the cost of the actual conference is prohibitive, consider hanging out at the bar! You won't be the only one.
I expect to pass through this world but once;
any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now;
let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
-- Stephan Grellet

Online Belgarath

• Forum Sugar Daddy
  • Technical Administrator
  • Reef Tank Owner
Re: TAM 2015
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 11:24:38 AM »
I'm considering going again this year.  I didn't get to go last year and I'm mad that I didn't get to meet mindme.
'To expect sense from two mentalities with such extreme view points is not logical' - Spock from 'Let That Be Your Last Battlefield'

Offline matsie

• Brand New
    • http://www.matsie.net
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 03:13:59 PM »
Oh wow. I didn't even think about how this could be the last year...I still haven't gone once! I will definitely have to figure out how to square away some funds to go to TAM.
I make cameos in people's lives.  Right now I'm on hiatus.

Online Johnny Slick

• "Goddammit, Slick."
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • Evilution's Worst Nightmare
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 06:20:32 PM »
I'm one state over this year, so maaaaybe?
"Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone." - Oscar Wilde

Quote from: Schlock Treatment, Episode 73
There is only one Johnny Slick, and he is a son of a [redacted].

Online Belgarath

• Forum Sugar Daddy
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 08:12:09 PM »
I'm one state over this year, so maaaaybe?

Yes, you should.  Even if you don't go to the talks.
'To expect sense from two mentalities with such extreme view points is not logical' - Spock from 'Let That Be Your Last Battlefield'

Offline Candleshoe

• Off to a Start
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 01:37:14 AM »
The Amaz!ng Meeting 2015
July 16-19, 2015
The Tropicana Las Vegas
http://www.amazingmeeting.com/

Given everything that has happened over the last year at the JREF, especially DJ Grothe leaving and Randi retiring, it is not unreasonable to conclude that this will be the last TAM. Given that, I'm going to make every effort to go and see a lot of my friends for what might be the last time. 75% of the fun of TAM is the people you meet at the bar anyway, so if the cost of the actual conference is prohibitive, consider hanging out at the bar! You won't be the only one.

I didn't hear about DJ leaving.   

I made our reservations this afternoon when we got the 'save the date' notice.  I was surprised to see it at the Tropicana.  Happy, but surprised.  However I wonder where we're all going to gather.   And if we can get the poker tournament back!

We'll see you there Belgarath!

Offline Tai Fung

• Frequent Poster
    • Everybody Tai Fung Tonight!
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 01:26:03 PM »
Sigh. I really want to go, but doubt it's in the cards, schedule-wise. I think your suggestions that this could be the last year are spot-on, though, which makes me want to find a way.
Atheism should be about "Science and Social Justice" the same way Math should be about "Numbers and Fashion."

Online Belgarath

• Forum Sugar Daddy
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 01:39:39 PM »
If you're trying, I would make a hotel reservation there NOW.  You can cancel it with no penalty up until 48 hours prior to the first day.

Offline Tai Fung

• Frequent Poster
    • Everybody Tai Fung Tonight!
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 07:20:22 PM »
If you're trying, I would make a hotel reservation there NOW.  You can cancel it with no penalty up until 48 hours prior to the first day.

Ok, that's a good point. 
Atheism should be about "Science and Social Justice" the same way Math should be about "Numbers and Fashion."

Offline SkepticalEsquire

• Well Established
  • Cthulhu is Love
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 02:31:11 PM »
I am hoping to go this year and my son (17) has made indications that he wants to come to.  For those that have gone before, are most of the evening events adult focused?  Are there typically any dinners or other events that a minor could attend? 

Canada -Land of shitty music and bears.

personate-rain