Author Topic: Explain your username + avatar  (Read 105465 times)

Offline daniel1948

• Well Established
  • Cat Lovers Against the Bomb
Re: Explain your username + avatar
« Reply #1455 on: April 04, 2016, 08:21:03 AM »
My explanation is probably still back there somewhere but I'll repeat it for anyone new who doesn't want to read through one and a half thousand posts:

My user name is my name and birth year. My avatar is a picture of me ascending from a freedive with free, wild spotted dolphins that seem to love hanging out with people.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline daniel1948

• Well Established
« Reply #1456 on: April 04, 2016, 08:25:26 AM »
Well you can rock me to sleep tonight because of course an irrational fear is made better by telling me the son of a bitch is in my pants right now.

I need steel wool and bleach, stat!

There was an episode of Buffy where a fear demon was wreaking havoc. They find a picture of it and it is really scary. But finally at the end of the episode, the demon appears and it is about 4 inches tall, so Buffy steps on it. Only then do they notice the caption under the picture in the book: "Actual size."

I find that smaller is usually less scary, other things being equal.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #1457 on: April 04, 2016, 08:41:22 AM »
My explanation is probably still back there somewhere but I'll repeat it for anyone new who doesn't want to read through one and a half thousand posts:

My user name is my name and birth year. My avatar is a picture of me ascending from a freedive with free, wild spotted dolphins that seem to love hanging out with people.
Oh shit! Thats you?!
Amazing! You have had such an interesting life!

Offline daniel1948

• Well Established
« Reply #1458 on: April 04, 2016, 11:07:59 AM »
;D
Daniel
----------------
-- Otto von Bismarck

personate-rain
personate-rain