1 (5.9%)
Yes, but no time behind bars.
2 (11.8%)
Yes, and I've done time.
1 (5.9%)
Just traffic tickets.
4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: The Twitter Thread--A Thread of Great Consequence  (Read 213833 times)

Offline HighPockets

• Seasoned Contributor
Re: The Twitter Thread--A Thread of Great Consequence
« Reply #7350 on: September 16, 2016, 09:26:55 PM »
what are these cooking videos you speak of? I don't social media enough to have ever seen one.
Here are a few good ones. Enjoy!

(click to show/hide)
I can see why someone who doesn't already "mess around in the kitchen" wouldn't think that these are fun. but if you already know the basics, they are some really good ideas. And really well produced. although the "oh yeah" at the end of each one gets annoying.
People used to laugh at me when I said I wanted to be a comedian. Well, no one is laughing now.

Offline arthwollipot

• Frequent Poster
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #7351 on: September 16, 2016, 10:58:43 PM »
what are these cooking videos you speak of? I don't social media enough to have ever seen one.
Here are a few good ones. Enjoy!

(click to show/hide)
I can see why someone who doesn't already "mess around in the kitchen" wouldn't think that these are fun. but if you already know the basics, they are some really good ideas. And really well produced. although the "oh yeah" at the end of each one gets annoying.

Only the original channel has that. The international versions and the kids' version don't.

Offline lonely moa

• A rather tough old bird.
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #7352 on: September 17, 2016, 03:38:36 PM »
The charges on both occasions were dropped.  Once for possession of morphine (in my first aid kit, with an accompanying script; I had been climbing in Nepal and passing through the US [NY airport]) and traffic (driving the wrong way on the loop in Yosemite about 50 metres to avoid a ten mile or whatever loop at about midnight... not been drinking or smoking, lucky there).  Both involved over-reactions by US federal officials and a polite letter to their the head of department on both occasions elicited the apology.  Very stressful experiences.
“You get old and you realize there are no answers, just stories.”

Garrison Keillor

Offline Ah.hell

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #7353 on: September 17, 2016, 04:57:16 PM »
My new neighborhood has no respect for fire hydrants.  They never give the required 15ft and on a number of occasions, I've seen folks parked directly in front of the hydrant, once when there was only one other car on the street.  :-\

Offline lonely moa

• A rather tough old bird.
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #7354 on: September 18, 2016, 01:33:46 AM »
My new neighborhood has no respect for fire hydrants.  They never give the required 15ft and on a number of occasions, I've seen folks parked directly in front of the hydrant, once when there was only one other car on the street.  :-\

The probably aren't parking by their own house.
“You get old and you realize there are no answers, just stories.”

Garrison Keillor

Offline Ah.hell

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #7355 on: September 18, 2016, 12:32:48 PM »

The probably aren't parking by their own house.
One would think but then why not park closer to there house.  Street parking is easier here than anywhere I've lived in the past 15 years.

Offline Skulker

• Mafia Pimp
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • I survived both forum crashes of 2014!
« Reply #7356 on: September 19, 2016, 12:15:28 PM »
Post this on their car as a warning  ;D

The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.
- Larry Hardiman

Offline HighPockets

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #7357 on: September 19, 2016, 12:30:26 PM »
I looked for the car window breaking scene from Backdraft (I think it was backdraft, I could be wrong and that's why I couldn't find it) to post here. I remember watching that and thinking "holy crap! can they really do that?!? couldn't just just run your hose over the hood of the car?
People used to laugh at me when I said I wanted to be a comedian. Well, no one is laughing now.

Offline Skulker

• Mafia Pimp
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • I survived both forum crashes of 2014!
« Reply #7358 on: September 19, 2016, 12:59:49 PM »
I looked for the car window breaking scene from Backdraft (I think it was backdraft, I could be wrong and that's why I couldn't find it) to post here. I remember watching that and thinking "holy crap! can they really do that?!? couldn't just just run your hose over the hood of the car?
That might crimp the hose and reduce the flow if they did that but I guess it depends on the situation..  :-\
The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.
- Larry Hardiman

Offline Ah.hell

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #7359 on: September 19, 2016, 01:07:49 PM »
Honestly, I'm ok if firemen go out of there way to bust through someones car like that.  There are lots of traffic and parking laws that mostly exist as a revenue generating scheme but staying clear of a fire hydrant isn't one of them. 

I'm not even particularly worried about fire all the townhouses have fire sprinklers and the tight corners worry me more, for the limited access for fire trucks.  Its just weird that nobody in the neighborhood gives two shits about it the fire hydrant.  Even when there's a perfectly legal spot less than a car length away, someone will be in the fire hydrant zone.  It might be because the curb isn't painted red to let people know.  I might buy myself a bucket of red paint and see if that has an effect.   

Offline Ah.hell

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #7360 on: September 23, 2016, 12:10:05 PM »
At work we have a white board where employees are encouraged to write things base on a theme.  Last week, movie quotes.  This week, inspirational quotes.  Somebody has written, "The plural of anecdotes is not data" and someone else has written "everything will kill you, its all in the dose."

Also, I'm going to embrace 3.2 beer.  I like, perhaps even love beer and wish to drink more of it but I have little desire to get drunk.  3.2 beer may afford me an excellent opportunity. 

Offline GodSlayer

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #7361 on: September 23, 2016, 07:12:27 PM »
At work we have a white board where employees are encouraged to write things base on a theme.  Last week, movie quotes.  This week, inspirational quotes.

'believe in yourself', 'never give up', 'haters gon hate' - misattribute to Hitler
Quote from: Nietzsche
the inequality of rights is essential to the existence of any rights at all.--A right is a privilege.
Quote from: Ligotti
One cringes to hear scientists cooing over the universe or any part thereof like schoolgirls over-heated by their first crush.

Offline Ah.hell

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #7362 on: September 26, 2016, 03:30:01 PM »
Did I ever mention, I once performed a wedding ceremony using the Steel Construction Manual(the Steel Bible) as a prop bible?  It was open to the section on welded and bolted connections. 

(click to show/hide)

Offline Ah.hell

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #7363 on: September 27, 2016, 04:58:32 PM »
OMFG, this training is boring.

ETA:  I've spread out the online safety training over 3 days.

The latest, identify the hazard.  A picture scaffolding with a giant hole in the floor. Hmm....wonder what the hazard is?

Mobile equipment includes all of the following except:  A a list of various things that move or a fence.
« Last Edit: Today at 05:35:27 PM by Ah.hell »

personate-rain