Author Topic: Explain your username + avatar  (Read 85607 times)

Offline starshipminivan

• Brand New
    • Geeking Out
Re: Explain your username + avatar
« Reply #1425 on: April 27, 2015, 03:47:25 PM »
My user name is a moniker that I came up when I owned a Voyager minivan (complete with mobility equipment for my disabled husband). My kids loved the show Star Trek: Voyager so we used to pretend the van was a starship. I was like Captain Janeway (except I piloted the van which, admittedly, makes me more like Tom Paris). Thus, I drove the Starship Minivan.

My now college-aged kids, when on a quest for caffeine, still often repeat one of Janeway's lines from Voyager: "There's coffee in that nebula!" So, instead of coffee, I filled my favorite mug with the beautiful Fox Fur Nebula.

No, we're not Star Trek nerds at all...
"There's coffee in that nebula!"

Online PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
« Reply #1426 on: April 27, 2015, 03:51:08 PM »

I LOVE it.  Welcome to the boards.
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it.  - Dana Scully; X-Files ep. Herrenvolk w. Chris Carter

Online Johnny Slick

• "Goddammit, Slick."
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Evilution's Worst Nightmare
« Reply #1427 on: April 27, 2015, 04:14:48 PM »
PaNTS! Performing?? Care to elaborate?

Yup.  I do plays (straight and musical), and I used to be a singer for several bands.

Few people realize that PANTS! is actually Bruce Dickinson.

Nah, I just have trouble finding water, and I bother random people at parties.*

*Huh, I may be Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
/me affixes the albatross around PANTS!'s neck
"Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone." - Oscar Wilde

Quote from: Schlock Treatment, Episode 73
There is only one Johnny Slick, and he is a son of a [redacted].

Offline EvilNick

• Not Enough Spare Time
  • Possessed by Starscream's spark.
    • From Nothing Game Studios Official
« Reply #1428 on: May 13, 2015, 03:38:36 PM »
"EvilNick," in some capacity is just an easy go-to for character names in video games.  If I play as a female character, it gets even lamer:  FemNick or She-Nick or something in that capacity.

And my avatar is former scientist-turned-warrior-turned-perpetual-political-usurper extraordinaire: Starscream.

Offline brilligtove

• Well Established
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
    • Valuum
« Reply #1429 on: May 13, 2015, 10:42:56 PM »
I was Vis Major on Prodigy back in law school in the 80's  We all had some legal term as usernames.  I've kept it.  Lately I've shortened it to Vis when available.

I have started scrolling through BLC* threads looking for the first post post crash. Vis (belated) welcome to SGUF. I'm a relative noob myself.

* Before Latest Clusterfuck Crash Crasherfluck.
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Offline brilligtove

• Well Established
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
    • Valuum
« Reply #1430 on: May 13, 2015, 10:50:41 PM »
My user name is a moniker that I came up when I owned a Voyager minivan (complete with mobility equipment for my disabled husband). My kids loved the show Star Trek: Voyager so we used to pretend the van was a starship. I was like Captain Janeway (except I piloted the van which, admittedly, makes me more like Tom Paris). Thus, I drove the Starship Minivan.

My now college-aged kids, when on a quest for caffeine, still often repeat one of Janeway's lines from Voyager: "There's coffee in that nebula!" So, instead of coffee, I filled my favorite mug with the beautiful Fox Fur Nebula.

No, we're not Star Trek nerds at all...

That is awesome. A friend of mine noticed the Shuttlecraft Minivans back in the day, and I was very impressed.

Did you watch TNG, or just VOY? I've seen most of trek, but not all of VOY or ENT.
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Offline EvilNick

• Not Enough Spare Time
  • Possessed by Starscream's spark.
    • From Nothing Game Studios Official
« Reply #1431 on: May 20, 2015, 09:42:20 AM »

Did you watch TNG, or just VOY? I've seen most of trek, but not all of VOY or ENT.

Holy crap, I never realized the shuttlecraft looked like minivans. 

Mind = blown.

Offline Radiozero

• Off to a Start
« Reply #1432 on: May 23, 2015, 08:08:42 PM »
Mine is the main character of my up and coming Science, Skeptic and Atheist themed comic -After the Gold rush. Her name is Scout and she is a biology nerd :)
Follow us @Goldrushcomic
An Independent Comic about Science returning to a world that has forsaken it. #Science #Skeptic #Atheist

Offline starshipminivan

• Brand New
    • Geeking Out
« Reply #1433 on: June 02, 2015, 11:33:50 PM »
That is awesome. A friend of mine noticed the Shuttlecraft Minivans back in the day, and I was very impressed.

Wow!! That does look like a shuttlecraft. My old Voyager was not nearly as shuttlecraft-esque.

I watch them all. DS9 is my favorite but my kids would say their favorite is Voyager. They grew up on Star Trek. I found that TNG, in particular, was a ripe source of analogies for my kids, mostly thanks to Data. His struggle to be human is much like childhood.

"There's coffee in that nebula!"

Offline J. Eastgate

• Frequent Poster
  • Ceci n'est pas une good post.
« Reply #1434 on: June 26, 2015, 01:42:29 PM »
Name of a character in a thing I'm writing/outlining and a crazy face.
"Communications without intelligence is noise; Intelligence without communications is irrelevant."

personate-rain