3 (10%)
Yes, but no time behind bars.
2 (6.7%)
Yes, and I've done time.
2 (6.7%)
Just traffic tickets.
8 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: The Twitter Thread--A Thread of Great Consequence  (Read 229095 times)

Online lonely moa

• A rather tough old bird.
  • Stopped Going Outside
Re: The Twitter Thread--A Thread of Great Consequence
« Reply #7470 on: January 15, 2017, 02:50:55 PM »
No fat guys on submarines... nobody's in great shape though either.

I'd expect that of most desk-job type situations (confined spaces).

The crew might not want anyone to clog an emergency exit with adipose tissue.  I would suspect that even US submarines aren't built for tubbies.
“You get old and you realize there are no answers, just stories.”

Garrison Keillor

Online Ah.hell

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #7471 on: January 17, 2017, 12:32:34 PM »
Just heard an amusing story about the San Diego Chargers(the American Football team that's been in San Diego for something like 50 years.)

Dozens of moving companies in the area have refused to move them out of spite, despite this likely being the biggest moving job in the region for years if not decades.

Online AQB24712

• Not a Euphemism.
  • Global Moderator
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • Did you just call me..."Bacon girl"?
« Reply #7472 on: January 17, 2017, 12:48:23 PM »
That is pretty funny, Ah.hell.

In unrelated news, mazel tov to forumite goober moj and missusmoj!  Those two crazy kids got married yesterday.  May they have many years of love, adventures, and happiness together!
"There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind."  Kurt Vonnegut
"You can bet your last money it's all gonna be a stone gas, honey."  Don Cornelius
"Wow! You spark up my entire thinking faculty."  A scammer/bot on a dating site

Online Ah.hell

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #7473 on: January 19, 2017, 04:21:49 PM »
Seattle keeps sending elections stuff to my colorado address.  This includes a ballot and now my democracy voucher, which I think is the 25$ get to send to the campaign of my choice.  How can that be sent to an out of state address without someone asking, Does this guy live here?  Should he be voting in our elections?

Online Hanes

• Misanthrope.
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • So it goes.
« Reply #7474 on: January 21, 2017, 01:01:35 PM »
Average historical temperature for today at my location is below freezing.  We have a high of 60 degrees in the forecast.  This whole planet is going to burn, if the fires aren't put out by the torrents of blood spilled in the inevitable conflicts that will rise.

On a slightly lighter note, in response to the poll no I've never been arrested.  I wonder if I'll be able to say the same thing four years from now.

Online Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • Natural Source of Paranoia
« Reply #7475 on: January 21, 2017, 01:59:52 PM »
Average historical temperature for today at my location is below freezing.  We have a high of 60 degrees in the forecast.  This whole planet is going to burn, if the fires aren't put out by the torrents of blood spilled in the inevitable conflicts that will rise.

On a slightly lighter note, in response to the poll no I've never been arrested.  I wonder if I'll be able to say the same thing four years from now.

Lousy S'March weather!
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Morvis' Law: Anything that does go wrong is my fault.

Online lonely moa

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #7476 on: January 21, 2017, 11:05:15 PM »
Where's my summer?

Garrison Keillor

Online Hanes

• Misanthrope.
  • So it goes.
« Reply #7477 on: January 21, 2017, 11:40:58 PM »
Where's my summer?

(click to show/hide)

Oh sorry we're borrowing it.  60 degrees today (F) in Chicago.  Average historical temperature for this day is below freezing.

Online lonely moa

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #7478 on: January 22, 2017, 12:27:25 AM »
Where's my summer?

(click to show/hide)

Oh sorry we're borrowing it.  60 degrees today (F) in Chicago.  Average historical temperature for this day is below freezing.

If the  road gets cleared I might go skiing tomorrow.  Of course we were sweltering in 30º+ a couple of days ago.

Garrison Keillor

Offline GodSlayer

« Reply #7479 on: January 22, 2017, 12:43:08 AM »

you bastard. return your warmth immediately to New Zealand where it belongs today.

include a self-addressed stamped envelope and I'll happily send your cold rain to you in return
Quote from: Nietzsche
the inequality of rights is essential to the existence of any rights at all.--A right is a privilege.
Quote from: Ligotti
One cringes to hear scientists cooing over the universe or any part thereof like schoolgirls over-heated by their first crush.

Online Hanes

• Misanthrope.
  • So it goes.
« Reply #7480 on: January 22, 2017, 01:25:31 PM »

you bastard. return your warmth immediately to New Zealand where it belongs today.

include a self-addressed stamped envelope and I'll happily send your cold rain to you in return
  Promise me bitter winds carying the tang of road salt, varying quantities of snow, and ice ice baby, or you get nothing.

Offline GodSlayer

« Reply #7481 on: January 22, 2017, 01:32:06 PM »

Promise me bitter winds carying the tang of road salt, varying quantities of snow, and ice ice baby, or you get nothing.
how about the potential for puddles to start forming?
Quote from: Nietzsche
the inequality of rights is essential to the existence of any rights at all.--A right is a privilege.
Quote from: Ligotti
One cringes to hear scientists cooing over the universe or any part thereof like schoolgirls over-heated by their first crush.

personate-rain
personate-rain