Poll

Is this a good idea?

Yep / Yes but ... (explain) / Awesome!  I'm off to start a Winick88 thread right now!
5 (35.7%)
Whatever / I'm too busy with my mustard-keen interest in apathy to find the time to think about it.
5 (35.7%)
No / This idea sux / Jesus Christ you suck IRON MAN, this is your stupidest idea ever!  See my new thread: IRON MAN - What's your friggin' story?
1 (7.1%)
Other, (explain) /  This poll doesn't have the option I want and it makes me want to run to my bedroom and cry into my pillow.
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: March 09, 2007, 03:06:33 AM

Author Topic: Butters' Very Own Episode  (Read 6724 times)

Offline skidoo

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Trip23
Butters' Very Own Episode
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2007, 10:31:05 PM »
For the record: I was just throwing my retroactive support behind the idea for Butters to have his own episode! :D

Offline IRON MAN

• Well Established
    • http://www.freethought-forum.com/forum/member.php?u=1292
Re: Butters' Very Own Episode
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2007, 10:53:04 PM »
Quote from: "heliocentricra"
Quote from: "IRON MAN"
And was Helio born with a nose that big or did he get into some kind of accident as a child?
Is having 100% Jewish DNA an accident? :wink:

Well not according to Hovind.  He said there's no way stuff like that can happen by random chance alone.

And funny you didn't strike me as overtly Jewish, the dark hair gives you something of a Latin look actually.
i]I suck at archaic languages.  I don't understand Latin et al.[/i]

Offline Mike

• Administrator
  • Frequent Poster
    • SGUFans.net
Butters' Very Own Episode
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2007, 05:53:10 AM »
Quote from: "IRON MAN"
I certainly don't see any kind of skeptical fans as fanatical.  In fact they should, by all rights be "fanaticism proof", (normal human tendencies notwithstanding).  Steve is my favourite skeptic, but if he said something that didn't match with reality, I'd have no qualms about questioning it.

Yeah I agree, the term "fan" might carry extremist overtones, but I think there are different levels of "fandom".  From mild respect to full-on stalkers to cult-followers.  

I'm a fan of the skeptics' guide, a fan of each panelist, hell I'm a fan of most of you on here.  But like you said, say, Jay decided to turn to Tom Cruise and Scientology one day and tried to convert us, I would not follow.  If Steve became a Homeopath, I would not accept homeopathy.  If Perry said he found bigfoot, I would question it and demand proof.  If Bob decided to declare the face on Mars an alien structure, I would laugh and point.  If Evan ever says "god did it", I would bow my head in shame.  And if Rebecca ever turned to vegetarianism.....  oh.. wait.  Bah, I still eat steak! :)
"We're just so damn exciting." - Dr. Steven Novella, MD

personate-rain
personate-rain