3 (8.3%)
Yes, but no time behind bars.
3 (8.3%)
Yes, and I've done time.
2 (5.6%)
Just traffic tickets.
9 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: The Twitter Thread--A Thread of Great Consequence  (Read 243301 times)

Offline HighPockets

• Well Established
Re: The Twitter Thread--A Thread of Great Consequence
« Reply #7590 on: May 26, 2017, 02:20:29 PM »
I think there's been a noticeable decline in civility on this forum recently.  Even among regulars that I haven't notice being prone to such things.

If everyone would just put Politics on ignore, the world would be a better place. It seems to me like 80% of activity goes on in there, instead of getting votes in on the shittiest round of Forumvision ever.
"Be mindful of the work you leave for others." -JJH

Offline GodSlayer

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: The Twitter Thread--A Thread of Great Consequence
« Reply #7591 on: May 26, 2017, 04:36:51 PM »
I think there's been a noticeable decline in civility on this forum recently.  Even among regulars that I haven't notice being prone to such things.

If everyone would just put Politics on ignore, the world would be a better place.

yeh, c'mon guys, let's get back to important shit like bigfoot and bent spoons

intelligent people being concerned with current events and the course of their country's future just makes things worse. leave that to the experts in the trailer parks.

(in fairness, though, unless anyone actually bases their politics on something concerning reality or truth instead of their subjective interests, no one will really change their mind on their politics, so it's pretty much just a circlejerk to talk about it)
Quote from: Nietzsche
the inequality of rights is essential to the existence of any rights at all.--A right is a privilege.
Quote from: Ligotti
One cringes to hear scientists cooing over the universe or any part thereof like schoolgirls over-heated by their first crush.

personate-rain