Author Topic: Anyone up for some online RPGing?  (Read 3808 times)

Online Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Natural Source of Paranoia
Re: Anyone up for some online RPGing?
« Reply #270 on: May 04, 2015, 08:09:58 AM »
The dark Detroit night seemed to gather in the slums and get darker. Down the street each house grew more run down and each became more blended with the brooding night. Up a dark broken sidewalk a storm door lay blocking the path, yet it looked healthy compared to the house front door. Weeds grew up between the porch boards that threaten to disintegrate in the gentle breeze. The front door pushed open easily and surprisingly without any noise.

Inside the darkness would be blinding if eyes didn't adjust. A few sticks of furniture lay broken and gathering dust. Under the unsafe stairs going up was a door for the plain wooden stairs going down. Each step groaned with the weight of the blackness that increased upon decent. The bare brick walls grew black mold to add to the darkness.

Behind the stairs huddled in the darkness was a heavy storm cellar door without any windows. It's lock somehow still intact and solid. Since the lock was well oiled in made no sound as it turns on its own and opened. The room looked empty except for what looked like a small rock in the corner. It cried quietly as a large dirty and calloused hand touched it.

The small rock turned out to be a small boy that turned to see a dirty face nearly hidden behind a wild beard. A tear cleaned a path down the boys dirty cheek as he recognized the face of his father. "NO!" He screamed and turned to run. He hit the solid brick wall hard and scrapped his shoulder.

That was when Rodderick sat up straight in his hotel room. He breathed hard and rubbed his shoulder. Disoriented he looked around the posh room then tossed the blanket off himself. He walked to the bathroom and filled the glass while his hand trembled. After the glass was empty his hand steadied and he took a deep breath. Then the young man went back to bed thinking of the cemetery stones he moved earlier and how much better it is to know his father was beneath one.
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Morvis' Law: Anything that does go wrong is my fault.

Offline Johnny Slick

• "Goddammit, Slick."
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • Evilution's Worst Nightmare
« Reply #271 on: May 04, 2015, 12:15:15 PM »
 :o
"Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone." - Oscar Wilde

Quote from: Schlock Treatment, Episode 73
There is only one Johnny Slick, and he is a son of a [redacted].

Online Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Natural Source of Paranoia
« Reply #272 on: May 04, 2015, 03:11:30 PM »
is that good or bad?
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Morvis' Law: Anything that does go wrong is my fault.

Offline teethering

• 37% better than Slick
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #273 on: May 04, 2015, 03:29:36 PM »
I like it.  I think you guys are cornering a market on daddy issues though, Lazar is going to have a pretty awesome if maybe constantly inebriated father.

Offline Simon Jester

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #274 on: May 04, 2015, 04:12:37 PM »
Despite all the negative response about Gadget development I still want a weaponized version of a Boom Ba  >:D

Happy May 4th! Its off topic but I wanted to share,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1v5zIkRRzM

Here is the full version with the soundtrack we posted last year, YT flags it so we had to remove the sound track.

I'm not responsible for the magnificent creation that is Maximus Thor but I did get to direct and animate this episode.

Maybe I'll animate one of our sessions, that would be fun

Offline Johnny Slick

• "Goddammit, Slick."
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • Evilution's Worst Nightmare
« Reply #275 on: May 04, 2015, 04:22:07 PM »
is that good or bad?
I like it! I might have ruined a gaming group once upon a time by giving a PC daddy issues when said player was not into that (this was before I learned of the magic of story-gaming and interactivity), but if this is something you're introducing, great! As teether noted, we probably don't want to turn this into Achtung! Freudian Psychology, so I'd advise future folks writing in backstory, etc. to try and avoid this exact meme, but otherwise, yes, I am a fan!
"Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone." - Oscar Wilde

Quote from: Schlock Treatment, Episode 73
There is only one Johnny Slick, and he is a son of a [redacted].

Offline teethering

• 37% better than Slick
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #276 on: May 04, 2015, 04:41:52 PM »
Well, Morvis's thing is really different from Constantijn's.  But they both have terrible fathers and I sense a pattern so I'm definitely going against that grain with Lazar.