Author Topic: SGU Australia trip  (Read 13483 times)

Offline syameese

• Off to a Start
Re: SGU Australia trip
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2010, 03:53:56 PM »
I just saw that Skeptics in the pub will be the Thursday before TAM. Gotta register through meetup. They're capping it at 250 people. Anyone else going?

Me  :)

Also, bought my ticket to the SGU dinner on Friday night as well :dance:

Offline Paperclip.

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2010, 08:43:27 AM »
So what's the story with the guy's coming to Cairns?  I live in Townsville and was pretty keen to go to TAM till I remembered that I was a poor student and Sydney is 3000 km away, Cairns on the other hand is about 4 hours down the road.  That I can do.
"...apparently the rest of you do not, or you are not yet sufficiently well educated to realize that authority, the authority of a reputation or the authority of a printed page, means very little. All of you should hope to someday develop as much insight and persistence as Mr. Alford."

Hardy Cross

Offline Rebekah

• Off to a Start
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2010, 04:10:42 PM »
So what's the story with the guy's coming to Cairns?  I live in Townsville and was pretty keen to go to TAM till I remembered that I was a poor student and Sydney is 3000 km away, Cairns on the other hand is about 4 hours down the road.  That I can do.

Yes do tell, I live in Mackay (not as close to Cairns as Townsville) and can't make to Sydney for various reasons but depending on times I could totally make it to cairns.
We are Novella of Borg... you shall be assimilated... logical fallacies are futile...

Offline Paperclip.

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2010, 08:39:05 PM »

Yes do tell, I live in Mackay (not as close to Cairns as Townsville) and can't make to Sydney for various reasons but depending on times I could totally make it to cairns.

Heads up to anyone who doesn't live in NQ, it's pronounced Mackeye.   ;D
"...apparently the rest of you do not, or you are not yet sufficiently well educated to realize that authority, the authority of a reputation or the authority of a printed page, means very little. All of you should hope to someday develop as much insight and persistence as Mr. Alford."

Hardy Cross

Offline Handysmerf

• Off to a Start
  • Might change my name to nocebo
    • my flicker
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2010, 05:36:48 AM »
Yup we really need to come up with a website for "haw to say Australin places with out sounding like a ....."
Such as   Brisbun Canburra Melbun
Signatures gah they sh!t me

Offline Jeremiah37

• Off to a Start
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2010, 08:17:54 AM »
I would suggest coming to Canberra (which is, after all, Australia's capital city). You won't many Australians, particularly Sydney-siders that speak highly of Canberra, but those of us who live here know differently. It's only an hour flight from Sydney, and there are excellent museums and galleries, beautiful landmarks and lots and lots of traffic-circles (which Australians call 'roundabouts'). Canberra also boasts the most educated (and fittest) population of any Australian city.
I really DO have a dragon in my garage

Offline T.A.P.O.R.

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2010, 02:34:13 AM »
I would suggest coming to Canberra (which is, after all, Australia's capital city). You won't many Australians, particularly Sydney-siders that speak highly of Canberra, but those of us who live here know differently. It's only an hour flight from Sydney, and there are excellent museums and galleries, beautiful landmarks and lots and lots of traffic-circles (which Australians call 'roundabouts'). Canberra also boasts the most educated (and fittest) population of any Australian city.

Don't listen to the lies.
I grew up there. There is nothing of note in Canberra.
NOTHING!

personate-rain