Poll

Should the ability to change your display name continue to be enabled?

Yes
19 (36.5%)
No
31 (59.6%)
Wut?
2 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: September 17, 2010, 03:55:07 AM

Author Topic: Vote on changing display name here  (Read 8390 times)

Offline Chew

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Juror #8
Re: Vote on changing display name here
« Reply #120 on: September 27, 2010, 09:09:41 PM »
HB= Harry Balls, a troll.
"3 out of 2 Americans do not understand statistics." -Mark Crislip

Offline MountainManPan

• Banned
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #121 on: September 27, 2010, 09:11:33 PM »
What was the natural of his trolling? Posting innappropriate pics?

Offline Chew

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Juror #8
« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2010, 09:17:57 PM »

Inane rambling posts peppered with third person, schizoid, narcissistic references to himself. It got so bad he was banished to the Explicit section then it got really bad and he/it was banned.

Offline Jack

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #123 on: September 27, 2010, 09:33:03 PM »

Inane rambling posts peppered with third person, schizoid, narcissistic references to himself. It got so bad he was banished to the Explicit section then it got really bad and he/it was banned.
That guy was so lame.

Offline Green Ideas

• Reef Tank Owner
  • ZZZ!!!
« Reply #124 on: September 27, 2010, 09:54:55 PM »
The majority want the ability to be disabled.

We don't know that. A majority never got to vote, probably because voting was open for less than 2 weeks.
"Faith: not wanting to know what is true."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Rider

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2010, 02:27:02 AM »
This why you have to be an asshole when you run a forum.  If you try to be nice it just gives time for people to take a bigger shit on you. 
"The biofield is the master energy field that regulates the body’s functions and informs the body to relax."

Offline Bunsen

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Big Pharma wants you to think cooked milk is safe!
« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2010, 02:53:10 AM »
How did you get from Bunsen parodying Niemöller to Bunsen calling the mods Nazis?

Yeah, I'm still working that one out myself.  Apparently not even literary references are allowed in Jack's world?  And, vague literary references that weren't directed at a mod, at that.

Offline Lead Farmer

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Dose the public. It might help.
    • Become a bone marrow donor.
« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2010, 06:24:20 AM »
Whatever the case may be, I guess this is gonna end up being my last post here.
I have not, do not, and will not ever apologize for any joke I make on this or any other website. If Beleth is really going to out himself as such a thin-skinned, narcissistic, ego-maniacal asshole that he bans people for Nazi jokes, then maybe my time actually would be better spent in other places. Keep in mind that I've posted pictures of my cock here on more than one occasion, and one of those pics was of a drawing of Mohammed kneeling and praying to it. If banning is happening based on offensive material, I and several others should have been gone long ago.
Beleth has his panties all in a twist because he was the butt of a joke that had to be explained to him. The fact is, I could care less about display names. The issue to me was always about self-important assholes playing mafia who take all this forum shit way too seriously. As is typical of those type of people, the best solution to people doing something you don't like is just to change the rules(or bitch until someone with a modicum of power changes the rules) so that they can't do that anymore.
Oh well. It's been a pleasure chatting with many of you guys, and I hope you don't start taking all this internet bullshit as seriously as some of these people do. Now if you'll excuse me, I've gotta hop off this train at the next stop, before we get to camp.

Just a thought.
If you scratch a cynic, you'll find a disappointed idealist. -?

Show me a young man who's not liberal, I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old man who's not conservative, I'll show you a man without a brain. -?

Talk to me on Facebook

Offline Rider

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2010, 06:54:36 AM »
I have not, do not, and will not ever apologize for any joke I make on this or any other website. If Beleth is really going to out himself as such a thin-skinned, narcissistic, ego-maniacal asshole that he bans people for Nazi jokes, then maybe my time actually would be better spent in other places. Keep in mind that I've posted pictures of my cock here on more than one occasion, and one of those pics was of a drawing of Mohammed kneeling and praying to it. If banning is happening based on offensive material, I and several others should have been gone long ago.
Beleth has his panties all in a twist because he was the butt of a joke that had to be explained to him. The fact is, I could care less about display names. The issue to me was always about self-important assholes playing mafia who take all this forum shit way too seriously. As is typical of those type of people, the best solution to people doing something you don't like is just to change the rules(or bitch until someone with a modicum of power changes the rules) so that they can't do that anymore.
Oh well. It's been a pleasure chatting with many of you guys, and I hope you don't start taking all this internet bullshit as seriously as some of these people do. Now if you'll excuse me, I've gotta hop off this train at the next stop, before we get to camp.

Just a thought.

Yeah the Nazi joke was the only  thing that anyone has done over the past 2 weeks to make him freak out.  At least be honest.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 07:08:33 AM by Rider »
"The biofield is the master energy field that regulates the body’s functions and informs the body to relax."

Offline Rider

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #129 on: September 28, 2010, 07:10:41 AM »

Just a thought.

Oh also the irony of someone taking the time to write a rant this long about other people taking things to seriously is hysterical.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 07:44:41 AM by Rider »

Offline Jack

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #130 on: September 28, 2010, 07:42:58 AM »
How did you get from Bunsen parodying Niemöller to Bunsen calling the mods Nazis?

Yeah, I'm still working that one out myself.  Apparently not even literary references are allowed in Jack's world?  And, vague literary references that weren't directed at a mod, at that.
Who were "they"?

Offline Chew

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Juror #8
« Reply #131 on: September 28, 2010, 08:56:30 AM »
I really love reading a self-righteous rant from someone who once stated the only reason he won't drink and drive anymore is because the fines for DUIs are too expensive. You can cut the hypocrisy with a knife.

And I really hate that the ignore function won't ignore someone if someone else quotes them.

Offline cerveauxfrits

• Reef Tank Owner
  • chickened out
« Reply #132 on: September 28, 2010, 08:57:50 AM »
Oh also the irony of someone taking the time to write a rant this long about other people taking things to seriously is hysterical.

Especially considering that the thing said person is up in arms about is losing access to a feature that, given the provisions for still being able to use it when there's actually a reason to do so, is so very, very inconsequential.

I wish I had the foresight to put on my irony boots this morning; it's knee deep in here.

Offline Rider

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #133 on: September 28, 2010, 09:03:23 AM »
I'm actually shocked you have the ability to easy change your name in any forum software.  I guess old school netiquette is really a thing of the past because I always thought changing your screen name was majorly frowned upon.

Seems like any new feature that gets added to forums just ends up being disabled  because people abuse it.   

Offline cerveauxfrits

• Reef Tank Owner
  • chickened out
« Reply #134 on: September 28, 2010, 09:16:17 AM »
It used to be that sock puppetry was trumpeted as one of the Internet's best features. It was going to be glorious, because we'd have the freedom to be whoever we wanted to be, and all at the same time, if we so desired.

Then somewhere along the way someone realized it was mostly just being used as another way for people to be annoying.