Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 7164 times)

Offline Rai

• Global Moderator
  • Frequent Poster
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #150 on: June 08, 2011, 12:24:12 PM »
Just got done playing this thing for 90 minutes.... It is officially my new Diablo II... My girlfriend and I probably won't last more than a week... FML

What's the status of a SGU server? How can I play with you guys?

Dunno, I stopped playing when it first went offline, for reasons opposite to your situation. I was planning get back, but since then I acquired a ladyfriend which led to me reorganising my free time. And now I get even less sleep. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
There's, another example. See, here I'm now sitting by myself, uh, er, talking to myself. That's, that's chaos.

Offline Sordid

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Utterly inexcusable!
« Reply #151 on: June 08, 2011, 01:57:13 PM »
Dunno, I stopped playing when it first went offline, for reasons opposite to your situation. I was planning get back, but since then I acquired a ladyfriend which led to me reorganising my free time. And now I get even less sleep. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Your room is overgrown with mushrooms, btw.

Offline Rai

• Global Moderator
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #152 on: June 08, 2011, 02:07:36 PM »

Your room is overgrown with mushrooms, btw.

How the hell they got there I have no clue. Feel free to harvest them.
There's, another example. See, here I'm now sitting by myself, uh, er, talking to myself. That's, that's chaos.

Offline Thespis

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #153 on: June 08, 2011, 02:23:30 PM »
Is the SGU server using a texture pack or something? I'm looking at the pics of the place, and I see a bunch of types of blocks that I haven't seen playing single player.

Offline Sordid

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Utterly inexcusable!
« Reply #154 on: June 08, 2011, 02:40:48 PM »
Is the SGU server using a texture pack or something? I'm looking at the pics of the place, and I see a bunch of types of blocks that I haven't seen playing single player.

Yes, the pictures are taken using a variety of texture packs. The client chooses the pack, not the server. You can play with the fugly vanilla textures if you want.

Offline Thespis

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #155 on: June 08, 2011, 05:28:26 PM »

Yes, the pictures are taken using a variety of texture packs. The client chooses the pack, not the server. You can play with the fugly vanilla textures if you want.

Ah, I hadn't looked into it at all. I assumed that was a server thing.

Offline Frank

• Seasoned Contributor
  • It'll be tea-riffic
    • The Account of a Lifetime
« Reply #156 on: June 10, 2011, 09:04:47 PM »
Just got done playing this thing for 90 minutes.... It is officially my new Diablo II... My girlfriend and I probably won't last more than a week... FML

What's the status of a SGU server? How can I play with you guys?

Yeah, this ^^. I'd be rather keen to join in.

"...a sensibly dressed young man with a sensible name."
http://xisor.wordpress.com/

Offline Rai

• Global Moderator
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #157 on: June 13, 2011, 06:05:44 AM »
Tried out Bordercraft and it's pretty damn nice. Don't like the worn-down beds, but the gorgeous dirt and glowstone make up for it.

Offline Blackmere

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #158 on: June 13, 2011, 09:37:34 AM »
Tried out Bordercraft and it's pretty damn nice. Don't like the worn-down beds, but the gorgeous dirt and glowstone make up for it.

Yeah. I don't like the flowers, mushrooms, redstone torches or the beds but the rest is awesome. I did notice that he hasn't added the trapdoors. They look like redstone wire at the moment.
Quote from: Beleth
When you're in a hole, the first rule is to Stop Digging.

Offline Rai

• Global Moderator
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #159 on: June 13, 2011, 10:32:08 AM »

Yeah. I don't like the flowers, mushrooms, redstone torches or the beds but the rest is awesome. I did notice that he hasn't added the trapdoors. They look like redstone wire at the moment.

I'm yet to be able to distinguish flowers from mushrooms, but I do like their design, even if it isn't too minecraft-y. As far as I understand it hasn't been updated to 1.6 yet, which is the reason why there's no trapdoors, tall grass or maps.

Offline Thespis

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #160 on: June 13, 2011, 03:42:37 PM »
So, I'm taking a look around the SGU server (ID is JSK103) and I took the rail out to the end of the southern line. While I was wandering around, I noticed this giant hole in the map:

What's going on there? Is that on purpose?

Offline Joe B

• Quasi-Jock
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • Now with Preposterone
« Reply #161 on: June 13, 2011, 03:54:17 PM »
So, I'm taking a look around the SGU server (ID is JSK103) and I took the rail out to the end of the southern line. While I was wandering around, I noticed this giant hole in the map:

What's going on there? Is that on purpose?

That's a chunk error. Disconnect then re-connect and it'll load.  Some people scout out the sides for valuables to mine out before fixing it.
You underestimate the amount of people who are literally Hitler.
-Colts Homer

Offline Thespis

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #162 on: June 13, 2011, 03:57:15 PM »
That's a chunk error. Disconnect then re-connect and it'll load.  Some people scout out the sides for valuables to mine out before fixing it.

Ah, ok cool.

The one big thing about playing on the server for me is I usually play on peaceful, because I just like building stuff. So, now on the SGU server I panic when it starts getting dark, not used to dealing with mobs so much.

Offline Blackmere

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #163 on: November 22, 2011, 02:47:54 PM »
So we updated our little family server to 1.0 and made a new world. After a bit of wandering around we found an intricate series of tunnels that looked like abandoned mines. Very cool little discovery. There was the occasional spiders nest blocking the hall (a bunch of cobwebs and a spider spawner in the middle.)
Quote from: Beleth
When you're in a hole, the first rule is to Stop Digging.