Several friends of the skeptical community have generously offered to help more students attend this year's NECSS conference by covering the full price of their conference registration. We therefore invite students with the following credentials to apply for these NECSS "scholarships:"
1. A high school or college student ages 16-24 years old.
2. Must be currently enrolled in school (and provide valid student ID).
3. Able to travel to NYC, attend both days of the conference, and cover your own room and board (scholarships include the price of conference registration only).
4. If a minor, the student must be accompanied by a legal guardian (who must pay for their own conference registration).
5. Must have a passion for science/skepticism and write a short essay why they should attend the conference (each essay should be limited to no more than 250 words and written in English).
Please send your submissions via e-mail to email@example.com
with your full name, mailing address, e-mail, and telephone number. The deadline for submissions is midnight on Monday February 21, 2011 and scholarship recipients will be notified via e-mail by Friday February 25, 2011.*
If you would like to donate to the NECSS Scholarship Fund please email Jay Novella at the above address for further information.
Thanks and see you at NECSS.
-Jay *The NECSS Scholarship Committee is solely responsible for determining the winners. The number of scholarships awarded will be determined by the available scholarship funds. Scholarships will be awarded until funds are exhausted.