Author Topic: Volunteers Needed 2009-2010  (Read 7302 times)

Offline johnstonian

• Brand New
    • Johnstonian Era
Re: Volunteers Needed 2009-2010
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2009, 10:46:27 AM »
Jay,

I'm a long time SGU listener and I'd love to help anyway possible.

I have over 10 years experience developing website and web applications. I am proficient in PHP, Coldfusion, HTML, Javascript, CSS, jquery, and SQL. I've created and managed several blogs using Wordpress. Also have several years experience with Flash (as2) and I've been creating dynamic AS3 applications for quite awhile now. I also know my way around Photoshop and Illustrator.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Thanks
Shit happens...

Offline chrismonaccio

• Brand New
    • www.chrismonaccio.com - My Portfolio
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2009, 03:16:07 PM »
I'd like to volunteer my time for graphics, web design, front-end web development (html, css, jquery), and motion graphics, although I have experience with flash animation and 3d modeling. I'm also familiar with Wordpress theming. For examples, my current site is located here:

http://www.chrismonaccio.com

I'm in the process of an extensive redesign currently, a preview can be found here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1430924/Portfolio/previews/sagan_v01.76.jpg

I would absolutely love to help in any possible way. I can't thank you guys enough for this podcast and your contributions to skepticism so any way I can give back I will do! Thanks!

*edit Dec 3, 2009 - updated link to portfolio redesign*
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 08:39:45 AM by chrismonaccio »

Offline Scadilla

• Keeps Priorities Straight
  • Consistently Inconsistent
    • Sketch Blawg
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2009, 04:24:36 AM »
I lean more towards illustration type work, though, so my skill set might not be what you need. Lemme know more if you think I could be of use.
Same here.
"I don't believe in astrology; I'm a Sagittarius and we're skeptical." - Arthur C. Clarke

Offline mattand

• Brand New
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2009, 07:28:05 PM »
As always, I'm late to the party, but I'd like to throw in my hat to the volunteer ring. My specialty is cartoons, but I've got extensive print production background, along with some web work.

Can handle most of the major graphics programs (Illustrator,  Photoshop, etc.), along with crap like the Office Suite.

Check out: www.mattandrews.net.

Offline yvettegr

• Brand New
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2009, 10:50:01 PM »
I'd be glad to help. I'm a professional graphic designer, have written books about various design programs, and taught graphic design/typography/aesthetics and critical studies of graphic design at UMass/Lowell and web design/web media at Boston University. Expert in Photoshop/Illustrator/other graphics programs/Quark. Professional photographer/videographer/video editor. Also I'm a magazine and book editor. Have designed and edited over 450 books. And, I'm in New England.

Offline daniel_siq

• Brand New
Actionscript 3 developer
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2009, 09:13:37 AM »
hello, I'm 27, a multimedia designer with 10 years experience. Nowadays my focus is in developing web applications in flash as3.  I also worked for a long time deploying streaming technologies, such as Windows Media Server for adult websites (www.sexyclube.com.br) and am I sucker for neuroscience :)

Here are some of the work I've developed in the last 6 Months. Sorry they are in Portuguese, I live in São Paulo.

ARG game experience for Itau Cultural to promote a game exhibition . The game followed a story about a group of friends trying to solve a mystery.

Developed a Registration/Login system in Flash/PHP/MySQL.  Besides the website (now offline), I've also made 4 games (Top Down Car Driving, Reverse Tetris, Platform Elevator Action Style, and Maze game).
(0:55, gameplay video)
Em Busca do Game Perfeito - TRAILER
>

Right now i'm finishing some Nike hotsites, one is already up, the other is still in development. Developed the navigation "feel" according to client specs. Toy around with 3D animation also (click on filters on top right)
(Click/Drag to navigate, use mouse scroll to zoom in/out, click on triangle arrows to open image on each item)
http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/sportswear/pt_BR/colecao?country=BR&lang_locale=pt_BR&blog=pt_BR

The second flash features uses feeds from both Nikes databases and Youtube gdata, to 'gather' content and present in a unified enviroment.

I've always been a single unit, and am very interested in learning how to work collaboratively with other developers in a version control enviroment (Sub/Mercurial/Git). I think this would be a great opportunity for me to mature in this area doing something I truly love (promoting skepticism and critical thinking)

Offline lg

• Brand New
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2012, 10:00:35 AM »
I want to do what I can for this community. I am a professional CG-Artist and music producer, so I can do various things if needed.
Such as logos, vignettes bla bla bla you name it with corresponding sound-design.

Keep the fantastic work up, skepticos!