Author Topic: SGU Minecraft  (Read 18699 times)

Offline Lyk

• Not Enough Spare Time
  • Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.
Re: SGU Minecraft
« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2011, 07:16:51 PM »
Hey folks

Just checking in if there are any news. The server is apparently offline :)

(Chensen)

Offline Sordid

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2011, 07:39:36 PM »
LC said he needed to bring the server down for the weekend well in advance: http://sguforums.com/index.php/topic,35480.0.html

Offline Lyk

• Not Enough Spare Time
  • Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.
« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2011, 07:58:27 PM »
Oh ok, no problem. Guess I missed that.

Well... maybe I should learn for my exams now :)

Offline Enkidu Shamesh

• Keeps Priorities Straight
« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2011, 10:50:27 PM »
It's back up now.  I just logged in for the first time and it looks great.  I've been meaning to register on the forums here for a while now, but when I heard that there could be an SGU minecraft server on the podcast a few weeks ago . . . :D  I'll see you in game as Shamesh Eridu

Offline CameronDavid

• Brand New
« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2011, 05:03:47 PM »
This would be a fantastic server to build on.  It'd be geekier and sciencier than most others

P.S: May-25 world towel day!
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.

Offline Sithis

• Brand New
« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2011, 05:23:58 PM »
I tried logging on for the first time and it said i have been kicked by the admin before i could get in. If it's white list my minecraft name is Camycamy.

Offline ICARUS

• Brand New
« Reply #96 on: June 12, 2011, 12:46:38 PM »
yeh i was wondering how to get whitelisted myself, my minecraft nick is ICARU5

Offline Domino

• Well Established
  • UnNatural Scientist -- BSc Hons
« Reply #97 on: June 12, 2011, 02:24:59 PM »
You guys need to post in this thread for the whitelist

Offline syrogal

• Brand New
« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2011, 03:05:23 PM »
Anyone interested in starting a minecraft server that we can have SGU themes on?  Rebecca and I play and would love this.  Imagine a giant Steve Novella statue or the Hall of Skepticism?

Just started what you want, have right now only place for 4 players, but if i see 4 players online i upgrade the server.
So, detail server : 62.75.182.120:28765 , I'm gonna make a site for him, that for sure, till then i make a wordpress site/blog; sguminecraft.wordpress.com

Offline Cybrmynd

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #99 on: August 29, 2011, 08:28:52 AM »
Hey! Are we allowed to enter as guests?

I'm curious and want to check out what people have built, and I don't intend to build anything myself.

Offline Moloch

• Frequent Poster
  • sic semper molemannis
    • Friend of Reason Blog
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2011, 05:03:57 AM »
Anyone interested in starting a minecraft server that we can have SGU themes on?  Rebecca and I play and would love this.  Imagine a giant Steve Novella statue or the Hall of Skepticism?

Just started what you want, have right now only place for 4 players, but if i see 4 players online i upgrade the server.
So, detail server : 62.75.182.120:28765 , I'm gonna make a site for him, that for sure, till then i make a wordpress site/blog; sguminecraft.wordpress.com

Hi. There is already an SGU minecraft server that's been operating for a few months now. Here is the main thread and here is a page full of the awesome and epic constructions people have achieved.

Offline Zytheran

• Frequent Poster
    • The old Skeptics SA website
« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2012, 07:33:41 PM »
Normally I wouldn't post on a topic so old but I have noticed that some of the posts here are from people who might have missed the final outcome this thread started.
Anyway the latest version of the SGU minecraft server has been running for a few months now.
It's being hosted on a professional server in the Chicago and I'm managing it.
The new forum thread is http://sguforums.com/index.php/topic,35663.0.html, and go to the end.
LeadCarbonate started one but after a while we've moved to a better company.
The link in my sig takes you to the application form to enable your Minecraft login to be whitelisted to gain access to this server.
We have room for a lot more players as of Jan 2012.

personate-rain