Author Topic: MCU v DCTVU v DCSU - Metaverse Discussions  (Read 7466 times)

Online Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Too Much Spare Time
Re: MCU v DCTVU v DCSU - Metaverse Discussions
« Reply #225 on: July 25, 2016, 05:32:27 PM »
We are setting ourselves up for a big fall! :D

Its to late

THE HYPE TRAIN IS IN MOTION, NO STOPING UNTIL MY HEART IS BROKEN.
I think Im running on negative heart at this point!

I heard about the comic con Killing Joke panel where an audience member called out the bullshit of Batgirls plot arc, Brian Azzarello (the writer) said "Wana say that again? Pussy"
It feels like the assholes who never liked our shit have gotten their hands on it and are dishing it out to us with distain.

Offline Ah.hell

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #226 on: July 25, 2016, 05:35:09 PM »

Its to late

I heard about the comic con Killing Joke panel where an audience member called out the bullshit of Batgirls plot arc, Brian Azzarello (the writer) said "Wana say that again? Pussy"
It feels like the assholes who never liked our shit have gotten their hands on it and are dishing it out to us with distain.
Sounds like the world of Star Trek fans.

Online Gerbig

• Frequent Poster
  • Stream Crosser
« Reply #227 on: July 25, 2016, 07:28:32 PM »

Its to late

Some context:
http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-killing-joke-movie-is-a-disaster-right-down-to-its-1784176711

As such, it should have come as no surprise to DC Comics that some people would voice concerns at The Killing Joke panel at this year’s Comic-Con. The panel, for the most part, started without a hitch. Voice actors Tara Strong and Kevin Conroy talked about reprising their roles of Batgirl and Batman for the film. Mark Hamill, one of the most iconic Jokers ever onscreen, even phoned in to say how excited he was to be returning to the role.

It was during the Q&A that things got dicey. A Joker cosplayer asked the writers why they would downplay Barbara Gordon, such a strong female character, and make her story more about the men in her life. According to Bleeding Cool reporter Jeremy Konrad, the writers insisted she was still a strong female character. Konrad, who’d already seen the film and didn’t agree, himself sarcastically shouted, “Yeah, by using sex and then pining for Bruce.”

That’s when co-screenwriter Brian Azzarello seemed to put it all out there. “Wanna say that again? Pussy?” he asked.

A report by The Hollywood Reporter adds some context to the heated discussion:

“I don’t think she’s pining over Bruce at all,” said Azzarello. “She’s pining over the violence.”

Executive Bruce Timm acknowledged “it’s complicated.”

“I actually like that in that opening story both Batman and Batgirl make a series of mistakes and then it kind of escalates, because Batman kind of overreacts and then she overreacts to her overreaction,” said Timm. That’s a very human thing.”
“There’s clearly an unstated attraction between the two of the characters from the very beginning and I think it’s there in the comics. If you go back and look at the Adam West show, its’ there in the Adam West show,” said Timm. “It’s subtle, but to me it’s always been there.”
Azzarello has a reputation for being contrarian and cantankerous at times. It’s entirely possible that he was reacting to the way the comment was made—shouted from the crowd by a writer who describes himself as frustrated with the film—and not just the content of the remark itself. But, whether he felt he was being heckled or not, his response is crummy. Even if Azzarello disagrees with fans’ reaction or feels attacked, to be so dismissive sours the relationship that fans have with Batgirl, the filmmakers, and DC as a company. The creators can stand by their creative decisions, sure, but they don’t have to be assholes about it.

Online Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #228 on: July 25, 2016, 07:32:52 PM »
Azzarello is a great writer. Such a shame to see him being a prick.

All in all though, in an era where people complain about studios playing it safe, I wish Warner Bros would play it just a little safe!!
Come on guys. Stop changing shit.

personate-rain
personate-rain