Author Topic: MCU v DCTVU v DCSU - Metaverse Discussions  (Read 340 times)

Online brilligtove

• Well Established
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
    • Valuum
Re: MCU v DCTVU v DCSU - Metaverse Discussions
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2015, 09:42:10 PM »
I dont think the above is a spoiler at all but the inhumans fold really nicely into the marvel universe while having them exist alongside the x-men makes very little sense with the way the world views them and how they view the world.

My wife and I were talking about the way the Inhumans work in the MCU after watching the AOS finale. She says she wants simple good-guys-white-hats bad-guys-black-hats kind of conflicts, but that's not what she actually chooses to consume for entertainment. When I described Jiaying as "this world's Magneto" she got it right away.

I can't see how Marvel could integrate the other superhero teams into the MCU without completely unbalancing everything. I mean superhero epics are inherently unbalanced, but that would really eff the thing up.

Fantastic Four I can see working, but the X-Men brings too much baggage to the universe to make sense in the universe they've created.  How can you have mutants all of a sudden be a thing that's been around for decades and have no one ever having mentioned it before?

Okay - I can see FF fitting in without completely borking the thing as long as they appear post AOU. Spider-Man could be added in the same way, actually.

...of course NYC would be the world epicentre of all superpoweredy goodnitude.
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Online EvilNick

• Not Enough Spare Time
  • Possessed by Starscream's spark.
    • From Nothing Game Studios Official
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2015, 01:50:32 PM »
I'm not sure I even have the energy to keep up with all of these at this point.  Getting a little tired of Marvel's "every movie is tied together" crap, particularly when they're going to screw it up by giving Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch completely different backstories than their X-Men origins, just to shoehorn them into Avengers.

Online brilligtove

• Well Established
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
    • Valuum
« Reply #17 on: Today at 08:17:18 AM »
I'm not sure I even have the energy to keep up with all of these at this point.  Getting a little tired of Marvel's "every movie is tied together" crap, particularly when they're going to screw it up by giving Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch completely different backstories than their X-Men origins, just to shoehorn them into Avengers.

Quicksilver was awesome in X-Men. Okay in A:AOU, but meh, really. Actually, I don't think I'll remember him in A:AOU, just like I don't really remember Scarlet Witch in X-Men.

I wondered why they would want those two in particular, given the MCU appears to have no mutants in it. There are an awful lot of characters to choose from without dipping into that thread.

I do like how the whole thing fits together, and will continue to watch most of the shows, I think. I'm not going to feel bad if I don't get into one of the Netflix series, though.
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Online PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
« Reply #18 on: Today at 08:21:07 AM »
AFAICR both Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch were regular members of the avengers.  As was Vision.  They got married in the pages of the Avengers.  In fact Vision and The Scarlet Witch was a long running title for Marvel IIRC.

EDIT Actually it was a miniseries. http://marvel.wikia.com/Vision_and_the_Scarlet_Witch_Vol_1
« Last Edit: Today at 08:24:28 AM by PANTS! »
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it.  - Dana Scully; X-Files ep. Herrenvolk w. Chris Carter

personate-rain