Author Topic: List of the Not the Very Best TV Shows  (Read 14061 times)

Online superdave

• Stopped Going Outside
  • My name is not dave.
Re: List of the Not the Very Best TV Shows
« Reply #315 on: Today at 12:25:36 PM »
Watched all three of the new Amazon comedy pilots.

I Love Dick   6/10   Well acted and directed but ugh so pretentious.  It's a Jill Soloway show, so if you liked Transparent worth checking out, but not for me.

The Tick      7/10  Not what I expected at all.  Very different from previous incarnations of the Tick.  The world is a lot more real and the main character seems to be Arthur this time around.  The Tick himself was as lovable as ever but barely in the episode.  Willing to give a few more episodes a chance.

Jean Claude Van Johnson.  9/10  I laughed my ass off but I am worried that there's not enough material here for an entire series.  The pilot was great though if you view it as a one off. 

Online stonesean

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Dumb sailor on the Sea of Awesome
Re: List of the Not the Very Best TV Shows
« Reply #316 on: Today at 12:37:02 PM »
The Tick      7/10  Not what I expected at all.  Very different from previous incarnations of the Tick.  The world is a lot more real and the main character seems to be Arthur this time around.  The Tick himself was as lovable as ever but barely in the episode.  Willing to give a few more episodes a chance.

It is interesting.  There's certainly a "there" there.  I didn't like it as much as I love the old live-action show, but it was interesting.

I'm not sure about "Arthur the victim" versus the more usual "Arthur the dreamer".  We'll see.

Pete S. is performing just fine as the Tick, but Patrick Warburton WAS the Tick personified.
Well.  There it is.

personate-rain