Author Topic: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia  (Read 5589 times)

Offline Halloran

• Frequent Poster
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
« on: June 17, 2011, 11:01:12 AM »

Who here is a fan of this show?  Probably the funniest sitcom on TV right now imo.  As I hear it, they are filming a new season currently.  And, apparently, Rob McElhenney has gained 50 pounds, just for the heck of it for this season.

"How committed are the actors of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia to the dirtiness of their show and its characters? Very committed, it turns out.

Rob McElhenney gained fifty pounds to play Mac this season. Why? For the sheer comedy of playing his character as a fat guy. "It's been disgusting to watch him go through with this adventure," said Charlie Day. "We were a little on the fence about it for his own personal health and safety," he added, "but it has definitely made Mac a lot funnier."

http://splitsider.com/2011/06/its-always-sunnys-rob-mcelhenney-gained-50-pounds-just-for-fun

Not sure if that is an actual photo or a shop, but that has me even more excited to see the next season. 

Offline jaypee

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Astronaut Mike Dexter
Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 11:02:50 AM »
I love this show, although I missed most of last season because Dish Network and FX were being frenemies, and I haven't had a chance to catch up.

Mack is going to be fat? Intriguing.
"If I were an Algebra teacher I'd give everyone a letter grade but they'd have to figure out the value of the letter" -- A friend of mine

Offline Moloch

• Frequent Poster
  • sic semper molemannis
    • Friend of Reason Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 11:05:38 AM »
LOVE IT!!

Online superdave

• Stopped Going Outside
  • My name is not dave.
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 11:19:03 AM »
+1
Rob is married to Kaitlin Olson, I wonder how she felt about this. 

Offline Halloran

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 08:19:43 PM »

Offline Lion_Tamarin

• Off to a Start
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 10:01:43 PM »
Who here is a fan of this show?  Probably the funniest sitcom on TV right now imo.  As I hear it, they are filming a new season currently.  And, apparently, Rob McElhenney has gained 50 pounds, just for the heck of it for this season.

NO!!!  He is the hottest guy on the show. 
"But dead bodies in general are really are a lot safer than you think."    ---Bob Novella, Skeptics Guide #236

Offline Rider

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 10:17:38 PM »
Did you guys know Charlie and The Waitress are married in real life.  That just makes the whole thing 100X funnier to me.
"The biofield is the master energy field that regulates the body’s functions and informs the body to relax."

Offline T.A.P.O.R.

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 01:58:41 AM »
I like the show, it's a bit shouty at times though.
Fat Mac.
Nice.

Offline jaypee

• Astronaut Mike Dexter
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 09:14:35 AM »
Did you guys know Charlie and The Waitress are married in real life.  That just makes the whole thing 100X funnier to me.

I did not know that, and that is awesome.
"If I were an Algebra teacher I'd give everyone a letter grade but they'd have to figure out the value of the letter" -- A friend of mine

Offline moj

• beer snob
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 08:04:04 PM »
Just started watching and am really digging it. I like it that its shot in Philly and is really freaking funny. Not sure how I missed this one but look forward to getting caught up. 

Offline Halloran

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 11:02:06 AM »
The 'It's Always Sunny' Gang Talks Fat Mac's 50-Pound Weight Gain (VIDEO)

By now, fans of 'Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia' have heard about Rob McElhenney's massive weight gain, which will be prominently featured in Season 7 (premieres Thurs., Sept. 15, 10PM ET on FX). You've probably even seen a few pictures of him looking quite a bit plumper. But, trust us -- you haven't seen him like this.

I visited the 'Sunny' set to get scoop on the new season -- including the upcoming high school reunion and an episode inspired by 'Toddlers & Tiaras' (more on that before the season premieres) -- and I got a very big surprise: Mac at his fattest point.

"We call him Fat Mac and he says, 'Well, will you call me Big Mac?' and I say, 'I'll call you Big Fat Mac,'" Glenn Howerton jokes. "But not just Big Mac, because Big Mac implies muscles and sort of strength."

And what does his loving wife Kaitlin Olson have to say about it? "People are gonna think you got fat and we had to write it in!" Yeah, we did kind of think that for a bit, but apparently this was all for comedy's sake.

Check out our video interviews to see Mac at his heaviest, and to hear about the side effects of his extreme weight gain, including a possibly not funny fatty liver and a completely destroyed metabolism.

VIDEO: http://www.aoltv.com/2011/08/15/its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-fat-mac

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Comrade Questions
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 12:53:38 PM »
lol, very interesting.

I love this show!!
Strange women lying in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.

Offline jaypee

• Astronaut Mike Dexter
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 12:55:27 PM »
So I'm just now getting to see episodes from the most recent season which I was not allowed to watch at the time due to a petty squabble between FX and Dish Network.

The episode where they get a boat may have the funniest dialogue exchange ever. Ever.

That whole "implication" thing was just pure genius, and also pretty much describes how I think most guys who buy boats in order to get chicks subconsciously assumes will happen.

Offline Halloran

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 01:01:51 PM »
"I like to drink wine out of a diet coke can. I gesture a lot."

Always has me loling.

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Comrade Questions
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 01:05:59 PM »
So I'm just now getting to see episodes from the most recent season which I was not allowed to watch at the time due to a petty squabble between FX and Dish Network.

The episode where they get a boat may have the funniest dialogue exchange ever. Ever.

That whole "implication" thing was just pure genius, and also pretty much describes how I think most guys who buy boats in order to get chicks subconsciously assumes will happen.

That's probably my favorite Always Sunny scene ever.
Strange women lying in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.

personate-rain