Author Topic: Biggest SCAM yet? - Photon Genius  (Read 4807 times)

Offline vespine

• Keeps Priorities Straight
    • vespine
Biggest SCAM yet? - Photon Genius
« on: August 07, 2011, 11:33:03 PM »
Don't ask me WHY on earth I put myself through this, it frustrates me no end, but I have developed this perverted fascination with health fraud and quacks.

I've been doing it for about 2 years now and I think I've come across the biggest scam I've seen so far.

I present for your amusement, and frustration:

http://www.edskilling.com/

Skilling institute, their tag line is "alternative therapy that works!" so we know we're in good hands right off the bat.

This is their flagship product, the Photon Genius:

https://esi.infusionsoft.com/cart/store.jsp?view=4&i=p3&navicat=3&navisubcat=3&naviprod=3

For a mere $24,700 "miraculous results" can too be yours.

:'(

« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 11:36:57 PM by vespine »

Offline merlich

• Not Enough Spare Time
Re: Biggest SCAM yet? - Photon Genius
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 12:28:50 PM »
Wow, what a bargain! And only $1,200 for shipping and handling!
"...what a waste it is to lose one's mind or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."  — Dan Quayle

Offline David E.

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Contentedly Misanthropic.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 12:32:38 PM »
That website is so poorly designed the text does not even wrap around properly.  It floats off the right side of the page.
People are so used to criticizing religion in whispers, that a normal voice, sounds like a shout.

Offline gs

• SkepticEvents.com
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 01:39:23 PM »
"Call us today to order your Photon-Genius: 877-777-4788

Note: For emergency situations, call us for expedited processing."

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Comrade Questions
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 01:44:16 PM »
Yeesh. Good find!
A person needs new experiences. They jar something deep inside, allowing him to grow. Without change something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken.

Offline The Latinist

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 02:05:35 PM »
So basically it's a 8000-Watt space heater?
I wish to propose…a doctrine…that it is undesirable to believe a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true.
– Bertrand Russell

Offline Unlimited

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 02:10:43 PM »
I was guna say, it's like a sauna machine or something... but without the steam...
"As a rule, men worry more about what they can't see than about what they can." -Julius Caesar

Offline vespine

• vespine
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 06:22:04 PM »
The photon-Genius offers a safe and effecctive alternative to drugs, surgery, chemo, or radiation without negative side effects.

Noticeable and comprehensive health benefits:

Photon Genius transmits, imprints and reminds your body at the cellular level of the essentiall creative process of harmonic living energy that results in natural and empowering regenrative processess throughot the body.

(This ranks as one of the best bs woo sentences I've ever seen)

Recent research published by the Journal of the AMA, and the Journal of Immunology, Lancet, Nature, New England Journal of Medicine, and Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Science, and Urology offers critical insight into the results provided by the new Photon-Genius.

Using the Photon-Genius is beneficial for:
• Skin Problems • Stomach Problems • Earache • Colds, etc. • Excess Acid • Heartburn • Hemorrhoids • Diabetes • Indigestion • Asthma • Inflammation and Swelling • Gout • Ulcers – Gastric and Duodenal • Abnormal Nerve Function • Bronchitis • Arthritis • High Blood Pressure • Insomnia • Neuralgia • Rheumatism • Your general condition and health

But this is the best bit:

This information is for informational and educational purposes only and is not intended to replace or substitute the advice and/or services of a physician or other health care professional. It is not our intention to prescribe or make specific health claims for any of our technologies or products. Any attempt to diagnose and treat illness should come under the direction and supervision of your health care practitioner.

Emphasis is mine. I mean seriously, how do people get away with this crap!

Before you say no one could be stupid enough to actually buy one, I present exhibit A

phaelosopher (dot ) wordpress.com/2011/07/27/remarkable-mms-insights-geeks-gone-wild-and-change-whose-time-has-come/

I broke the link on purpose to not link the site.

Offline avillarrealpouw

• Off to a Start
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 12:14:21 PM »
An important but rarely mentioned aspect of these frauds is that they happen to use any new gadgets that appear on the market, instead of using what some kind of evidence points to as possible cures.

As soon as stronger LEDs were available, miraculous combs with LEDs were claimed to cure baldness. As soon as stronger magnets appeared, they were sold as a fuel efficiency gadget. This Photon Genius seems to be just a lot of nice looking lighting appliances, all from the nearest lamp shop.

You can almost hear these con men thinking, "gee, nice new gadget; what can I sell if for?". In other words, the design process does not start at the local clinic, it starts at the nearest gadget store and ends at the clinic.

personate-rain