Poll

Do you think that a Libertarianism ghetto (a la AGW) would clean up the politics section?

Yes, please.
Yes, but unneccessary.
No, never.
No, not yet.
Other: please explain

Author Topic: Is it maybe time to make a Libertarianism ghetto?  (Read 4527 times)

Offline Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
Re: Is it maybe time to make a Libertarianism ghetto?
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2011, 11:26:54 AM »

Seriously?  I always saw JS as all about the lolz.  Sometimes there might be a point in his joke, but he's really just about making jokes.  Like the board's own Jon Stewart.

Except for far far less funny....

I've always viewed Johnny as a half-troll.  He's not all that offensive, but in the right light he can seem like it.

Offline jaypee

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Astronaut Mike Dexter
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2011, 11:32:11 AM »
When making a decision, please ignore a certain person who hates libertarians and is now trying to bring up libertarianism in as many threads as possible to push for this.

http://sguforums.com/index.php/topic,35641.msg973385.html#msg973385

http://sguforums.com/index.php/topic,35458.msg973160.html#msg973160

http://sguforums.com/index.php/topic,35608.msg973477.html#msg973477

Really, this is just low.

Is it as low as dredging up replies from a two-day period nearly four months ago, right before the mods and the forum community had a discussion about personal interaction in the Politics sub-forum?

"If I were an Algebra teacher I'd give everyone a letter grade but they'd have to figure out the value of the letter" -- A friend of mine

Offline Belgarath

• Captain Sugar Daddy
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2011, 11:40:47 AM »
Is it as low as dredging up replies from a two-day period nearly four months ago, right before the mods and the forum community had a discussion about personal interaction in the Politics sub-forum?

Who are you castigating here?  I'm confused.

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Break a leg, badger!
« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2011, 11:44:05 AM »

I think Jaypee thought that quote from Andrew was recent.  KH was the one pulling 3-4 month old comments up, not Andrew.

Online Johnny Slick

• Jesus Christ HI PANDA U R HOT
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Evilution's Worst Nightmare
« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2011, 12:40:25 PM »
Well, if you are bringing a subject up over and over with someone who has repeatedly told you to drop it then you are just being an ass.
That was also 3 months ago and I stopped doing it when people started to complain. As noted, I do tend to err on the side of silly when I do stuff, but this was also (intended) as a bit of a commentary on every freaking thread being turned into something about libertarianism. It also hasn't really been an issue since then.
"Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone." - Oscar Wilde

Quote from: Schlock Treatment, Episode 73
There is only one Johnny Slick, and he is a son of a [redacted].

Online Johnny Slick

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2011, 12:42:27 PM »

Seriously?  I always saw JS as all about the lolz.  Sometimes there might be a point in his joke, but he's really just about making jokes.  Like the board's own Jon Stewart.

Except for far far less funny....
I'm not going to argue about being way less funny than John frigging Stewart.  :P I mean, if this was intended as an insult, it's like the opposite of damning with faint praise or something. Complimenting with faint insults?
"Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone." - Oscar Wilde

Offline Bunsen

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Big Pharma wants you to think cooked milk is safe!
« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2011, 04:51:33 PM »
I'm going to go ahead and say that creating this thread was a horrible mistake...

...even if creating a Libertarianism ghetto wouldn't be.

Offline Kwisatz Haderach

« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2011, 04:56:11 PM »

I think Jaypee thought that quote from Andrew was recent.  KH was the one pulling 3-4 month old comments up, not Andrew.

What are you talking about?  If I have ever done that, it was only ecause it was the first time I saw a thread, assumed it was new, and replied without checking the date.

Online Johnny Slick

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2011, 04:58:40 PM »
DIRTY NECROPOSTER  >:(

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Break a leg, badger!
« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2011, 05:01:25 PM »

What are you talking about?  If I have ever done that, it was only ecause it was the first time I saw a thread, assumed it was new, and replied without checking the date.

Easy there killer.  I wasn't passing judgement, merely stating a fact.  This was what I was referring to:

When making a decision, please ignore a certain person who hates libertarians and is now trying to bring up libertarianism in as many threads as possible to push for this.

http://sguforums.com/index.php/topic,35641.msg973385.html#msg973385

http://sguforums.com/index.php/topic,35458.msg973160.html#msg973160

http://sguforums.com/index.php/topic,35608.msg973477.html#msg973477

Really, this is just low.

Regardless of it being accidental or not, "pulling 3-4 month old comments up" is a valid description of your post.

Offline Kwisatz Haderach

« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2011, 05:02:23 PM »
DIRTY NECROPOSTER  >:(

See, Jon Stewart ('s writers) would have come up with a funny comment there.

personate-rain
personate-rain