Author Topic: Did the Nazis really try to breed women with dogs to make a supersoldier  (Read 1133 times)

Offline God Bomb

• Off to a Start
Or is that a myth?

Offline EmergentSystem

• Well Established
  • Rawr
Re: Did the Nazis really try to breed women with dogs to make a supersoldier
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 06:04:46 AM »
I think it was the soviets who did it with gorillas or something?

Tried, anyway.

[edit] Or maybe it was chimps. To produce... THE HUMANZEE!
In the 1920s the Soviet biologist Ilya Ivanovich Ivanov  carried out a series of experiments to create a human/non human ape hybrid. At first working with human sperm and chimpanzee females, none of his attempts created a pregnancy. [6]  In 1929 he organized a set of experiments involving non human ape sperm and human volunteers, but was delayed by the death of his last orangutan. [7] The next year he fell under political criticism from the Soviet government and was sentenced to exile in the Kazakh SSR; he worked there at the Kazakh Veterinary-Zootechnical Institute and died of a stroke two years later.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 06:07:25 AM by EmergentSystem »
Dr Johnson, they said: “we are delighted to find that you’ve not included any indecent or obscene words in your dictionary.”
“Ladies, said dr Johnson, “I can congratulate you on being able to look them up.”

Offline Moloch

• Frequent Poster
  • sic semper molemannis
    • Friend of Reason Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 06:09:57 AM »
I think it was the soviets who did it with gorillas or something?

Tried, anyway.

[edit] Or maybe it was chimps. To produce... THE HUMANZEE!
In the 1920s the Soviet biologist Ilya Ivanovich Ivanov  carried out a series of experiments to create a human/non human ape hybrid. At first working with human sperm and chimpanzee females, none of his attempts created a pregnancy. [6]  In 1929 he organized a set of experiments involving non human ape sperm and human volunteers, but was delayed by the death of his last orangutan. [7] The next year he fell under political criticism from the Soviet government and was sentenced to exile in the Kazakh SSR; he worked there at the Kazakh Veterinary-Zootechnical Institute and died of a stroke two years later.

Skeptoid has a good episode on human/ape hybrids, here .

Not sure about the nazi dog thing... sounds a little weird even for them. If it is true it was probably just some sick little fantasy of Himmler or something, probably nothing more than a creepy sketch in a notepad. Having said that I've not looked into it.

Online MikeHz

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 06:58:33 AM »
What would be the goal? A not very bright soldier who drools a lot?
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." Mark Twain

Offline David E.

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Contentedly Misanthropic.
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 07:09:03 AM »

You can find those already.   :downsrim:
People are so used to criticizing religion in whispers, that a normal voice, sounds like a shout.

Offline God Bomb

• Off to a Start
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 08:32:23 AM »
What about Josef Mengele, I read that he tried to inseminate women with various things.  But there were no actual details.

Offline Skeptress

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Arrested for voting.
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 10:49:05 AM »
 :vomit:
"The America I loved still exists at the front desks of our public libraries."  -Kurt Vonnegut

Formerly known as funda62.

Offline gs

• Keeps Priorities Straight
    • SkepticEvents.com
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 11:02:36 AM »

that was my first thought... how did they jump from dog+human = super soldier? lol

now if it was robot+human, i could see...

Offline jaypee

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Astronaut Mike Dexter
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 11:30:28 AM »
I've never heard of this before. I'd lend it some credence because the Nazis dismissed Mendelian inheritance and Darwinism, so they could conceivably have been this stupid and inhumane.
"If I were an Algebra teacher I'd give everyone a letter grade but they'd have to figure out the value of the letter" -- A friend of mine

Offline Roma Hicks

• Refuses to use contractions!!!
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 11:37:36 AM »

that was my first thought... how did they jump from dog+human = super soldier? lol

now if it was robot+human, i could see...

Ha ha!  I total agree.  I was trying to figure out where they arrived at: DOG + HUMAN = SUPER SOLIDER.

I think many attributes would be a downgrade.
People always say, 'It the government's fault.' Like it is a building walking around and doing shit. Government is people. And people have no common sense. --Lewis Black

Offline Drewish

• Banned
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Am I freaking you out yet?
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 11:47:54 AM »
Huh?  The Nazi Party was all about 'purity' of the breed.
WATCH OUT!

That picture of a kitten I posted is an underhanded emotional non-argument meant to turn you into a libertarian!

Offline Belgarath

• Captain Sugar Daddy
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 11:49:23 AM »
Huh?  The Nazi Party was all about 'purity' of the breed.

Well, if you have pure Nazis, then everyone else is impure and less than human.  You could try to cross any non-Nazi with any animal and suffer no moral qualms......
'To expect sense from two mentalities with such extreme view points is not logical' - Spock from 'Let That Be Your Last Battlefield'

Offline mkultra

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 01:25:55 PM »
I think the OP is a conflation of Ivanov's work to create human-chimpanzee hybrids with reports of Nazi dog schools.

At least one dog training school was set up in Nazi Germany, to work with what they believed were hidden innate talents of dogs - speech, cognition, math, and even psychic abilities.

It was reported that one dog, Rolf, "read the newspaper, wrote poetry and wrote his autobiography. He also led an extensive correspondence with many known and unknown people, which was later published under the title 'Briefwechsel eines Hundes'. Rolf was interested in the questions of religion and ethics, he mused about the soul of the universe, he argued with priests in Latin, and was also interested in politics." (translated from German, p. 98, third paragraph).

Remember, you can't spell ROTFL without R-O-L-F.
like quizzes? check out my podcast:
feeds.feedburner.com/3wayquizzo

Offline Unlimited

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 03:11:34 PM »
Prob just some corrupt Nazi with a bestiality fetish.

Uh... super soldiers! Yea! That's what I'm doing.
"As a rule, men worry more about what they can't see than about what they can." -Julius Caesar

Offline EmergentSystem

• Well Established
  • Rawr
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 03:21:46 PM »
Prob just some corrupt Nazi with a bestiality fetish.

Uh... super soldiers! Yea! That's what I'm doing.
And they're still doing it to this day, there are pictures of it all over the internet... they've expanded the number of species, too.

Probably hoping for a greater chance of success with more, different types of animals. Yea.  :-X
Dr Johnson, they said: “we are delighted to find that you’ve not included any indecent or obscene words in your dictionary.”
“Ladies, said dr Johnson, “I can congratulate you on being able to look them up.”

personate-rain