Author Topic: SGU24 Questions/Commands  (Read 8319 times)

Offline Jay

• SGU Panel Member
  • Keeps Priorities Straight
SGU24 Questions/Commands
« on: September 15, 2011, 10:16:44 PM »
Guys,  We want you to submit questions or commands that we can use on the SGU24 show.  You can ask us to talk about a topic, ask us random questions or tell us to do something fun, funny, bizarre etc.  We will of course pick the ones we like so try to come up with something you think we can use.  Submit as many as you want and thanks for any help you can provide.
I don't believe it. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. - Ford Prefect  "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Offline Chew

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Juror #8
Re: SGU24 Questions/Commands
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 11:14:31 PM »
Commands?

Like "left face", or "forward march"?
"3 out of 2 Americans do not understand statistics." -Mark Crislip

Offline Jay

• SGU Panel Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 09:25:11 AM »
I can see this is going to be painful....
I don't believe it. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. - Ford Prefect  "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Online Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 09:35:10 AM »
If you hadn't been drawn into skepticism, what woo do you think you'd most likely be neck deep in?  Yes, this can include religion too.

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • currently recuiting for my lesbian cabal.
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 09:49:12 AM »
Don't forget to tell people how they will be getting this content.  Someone was on IRC last night asking how the streaming was going to be happening, and if a 24 hour long podcast was going to be released later.

Offline Kathilliana

• Off to a Start
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 10:33:53 AM »
If you could know the answer to any one question, which would you choose? Why does gravity work? What is dark matter? What caused the big bang?

Offline Skeptic

• Not Enough Spare Time
  • skype bumchuzzler
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 01:39:02 PM »
Before you decided to try podcasting you were online gaming.  Which online games did you guys play?  Also I knew a hospital doctor that I used to talk to a lot over voice chat whilst playing Warhammer Online.  He was a very nice guy who used to moan about other more egotistical money-grabbing doctors he knew.  Do the nicer clinicians tend to have hobbies?  Does Steve ever play the healer classes or does he get to cause harm virtually with DPS classes in order to get it out of his system?

Commands:

When someone you interview or chat with makes a logical fallacy, someone must Hulk-smash something on camera.  I made a joke to Jon Ronson that if he made a logical fallacy when interviewed over his book, that Steve would Hulk-smash the interview.  If you now do this for real this will blow his mind.

At some point state:  "Welcome to the SGU 24 hour video feed.  The Pseudoscience Videodrome."
(Hard to arrange but if you could get John Benneth to crash the show shouting "Death to the SGU! Long live Homeopathy!  Long live the new flesh!"  and then have him shoot homeopathic water at you all from his meat-gun hand.)

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Break a leg, badger!
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 04:22:57 PM »
I command Evan to only talk in his creepy, whistly old man voice for 10 minutes.

Offline Belgarath

• Forum Sugar Daddy
  • Technical Administrator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 05:33:44 PM »
I command Evan to only talk in his creepy, whistly old man voice for 10 minutes.

Screw that, I command that Evan talk like Herbert for at LEAST an hour.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 05:36:57 PM by Belgarath »
#notarealskeptic

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Break a leg, badger!
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 05:48:39 PM »

Screw that, I command that Evan talk like Herbert for at LEAST an hour.

I wrote that originally, but figured I wouldn't be that evil. 

For my next command, I say that Steve should do a Ray Romano impression for the entire 24 hours! 

Offline gs

• SkepticEvents.com
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 08:16:33 PM »
- I'd really like to know more about the novellas growing up... we've known you guys (from a distance)(and rebecca) for a long long long long time now; from being on the listening end of the podcasts.  basically a huge nostalgia section of the SGU24... just reminiscing about the best times and chatting as if you guys were over dinner talking around a big bowl of spaghetti :)

- A Perry memorial section!  your thoughts and comments on how you guys have handled the thoughts ever since he passed... anything regarding perry would be a great section.  he's still very much a big part of the SGU :)

- OOOO OOO OOO! do a ghost hunters section in steves basement!  scare the shit out of yourselves and do your best ghost hunters production.  See if you can take some pictures of ghost orbs or crazy alien energies with steves fancy cameras.

- It will only be about one month until halloween, have a big conversation about halloween! i love those halloween conversations you have every year, especially the crazy shit bob builds.  Show us pictures or videos from Bobs mazes and haunted houses.

- Make a list of every single person you have interviewed over the history of the SGU and see how many you  guys, collectively, can recount from your memories.

- You always have an end of the year episode...  do a section looking back over the past 6 years(?).  reminisce about the best times/interviews/quotes over the history of the SGU.

- Do a "SGU Takedown" section of a scammer site every hour.  Pick a scammer site from a big long list (im sure you can find many) and lay the skeptical smack down! identify the "red flags" displayed on it. (put the websites on a big wheel, spin the wheel and let it stop, landing on the website that you will pick for that hour - lol :))

- impressions! accents! voices! we love them all.

- do a dramatic reading of something funny... you could zoom in on the persons face and they could give a dramatic/constipated look while reading it. (i was thinking of something like "in the year 3000" part of the conan o brien show - hilarious)

- section about what you think of the current skeptical community and where its headed (an overview - if you will).  what we need?

Offline ralius

• Off to a Start
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2011, 04:30:29 AM »
Hi there, I'm just wondering what time zone you guys are in as I am going to listen to the SGU 24 podcast and I want to know what time it will start in my country. And yes I am watching the rugby world cup.
Thanks

Offline Peace Bunny

• Seasoned Contributor
    • New Music Transmission
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2011, 06:23:34 AM »
I was going to be free on the day, but something came up :( It would be cool if I could watch it on another day somehow, I guess it would be the average TV series length in terms of content. So, a vidcast or something? Is that a thing?
Get used to it honey. From now on, we'll be spelling everything with letters.

Offline Skeptic

• Not Enough Spare Time
  • skype bumchuzzler
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2011, 08:10:55 AM »
Jay posted a video a while back where feminine hygiene products are fed into an industrial shredder.  To which he asked "WHY?!".  I would like it to be replicated on the show with each person relating in the manner of a proving diary entry, your thoughts and feelings as you feed them into a home shredder.

Echoing a request for a Perry related feature.

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Break a leg, badger!
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2011, 08:27:19 AM »
Just a reminder; this thread is just for specific quesions you want the SGU to answer of commands you want to give them while SGU24 is going on.  Click here for the general suggestions thread.  That is where you suggest ideas about SGU24 specifically and ask questions about how to access the show etc.

personate-rain