Author Topic: SGU24 Questions/Commands  (Read 8295 times)

Offline Chew

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Juror #8
Re: SGU24 Questions/Commands
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2011, 08:05:13 PM »
Rebecca gives Jay a Tarot card reading. Or a psychic butt reading.

Steve does a cold reading for the entire viewing audience then everybody answers a poll on how many hits Steve got right for them. You can start a poll thread in this sub-forum to tabulate the hits.
"3 out of 2 Americans do not understand statistics." -Mark Crislip

Offline Peace Bunny

• Seasoned Contributor
    • New Music Transmission
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2011, 06:08:28 AM »
Just a reminder; this thread is just for specific quesions you want the SGU to answer of commands you want to give them while SGU24 is going on.  Click here for the general suggestions thread.  That is where you suggest ideas about SGU24 specifically and ask questions about how to access the show etc.

Possibly you misunderstood. I want the panel to answer on the show how I can access the show, obviously. I would also like them to answer the question "is that a thing?"  ::)
Get used to it honey. From now on, we'll be spelling everything with letters.

Offline WC

• Frequent Poster
  • inflammable means flammable?
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2011, 04:53:39 PM »
Command:

Google+ Hangouts (group video with the proletariat maybe?)

Online Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2011, 04:58:48 PM »
Just a reminder; this thread is just for specific quesions you want the SGU to answer of commands you want to give them while SGU24 is going on.  Click here for the general suggestions thread.  That is where you suggest ideas about SGU24 specifically and ask questions about how to access the show etc.

Possibly you misunderstood. I want the panel to answer on the show how I can access the show, obviously. I would also like them to answer the question "is that a thing?"  ::)

LOL.  Nice recovery  :P

Offline Johnny Slick

• "Goddammit, Slick."
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Fake Ass Skeptic
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2011, 11:38:56 PM »
I would like to know what everyone's top 5 favorite movie is. I don't care how skeptical or unskeptical they are (although I DEMAND that other panel members give people a hard time if they're into really silly stuff like The Day After Tomorrow or something) but I'd like to know.

Also, I DEMAND that you all engage in what we called on college choir retreats The Hotseat. That is where one person sits there and everyone else tells them what they think about them. Two caveats:

1. The person on the Hotseat cannot say anything. Not a think. Zilch. Nada. Not even if the person says something which is flat-out wrong.
2. No insults. The person in question can't defend themselves.

I remember this being a big team-building exercise but from a fan's standpoint I'd really like to know how each rogue perceives each other's role on the show (and, in so doing, their own role).
Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline zalty

• Seasoned Contributor
  • Feng shui black belt
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2011, 02:09:28 AM »
I think it would be great if Steve could talk about the background of his TTC course. Whose idea was it? How did the lectures and production work? What he discovered during his research, myths that were facts, facts that were myths, corrections or clarifications (if any), things he left out or things he wishes he put in, the response to it and if there will be a follow-up.
If you threaten me with hell I'll punch your aura.

Offline DeanMorrison

• Not Enough Spare Time
    • Music by Dean Morrison
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2011, 05:06:59 PM »
I'd love it if the Rogues would walk us through the research process that goes into a news item (preferably one that requires cross-referencing multiple studies) to show the vetting process of a claim.

Online Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2011, 05:24:40 PM »
More Questions:

Best case scenario; what impact would like the skeptical community to have caused in the world say 15-20 years down the road? 

If you could make any woo true, which would you choose and why?

What public figures do you respect who are not skeptical and why?

Is there anyone you've asked to become a Rogue who didn't take you up on it?

Offline spartanhooah

• Brand New
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2011, 10:43:33 PM »
Don't forget to tell people how they will be getting this content.  Someone was on IRC last night asking how the streaming was going to be happening, and if a 24 hour long podcast was going to be released later.

I'm curious about this, too. Especially after the changes made to Google+'s hangout feature, which you can now broadcast to as many people as you want (still only 10 participants, though). You guys probably already settled on a solution long ago, but this might be handy for the future.

Offline WC

• Frequent Poster
  • inflammable means flammable?
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2011, 12:33:28 AM »
More Joshie and Iszi! Get them on!

Offline skillydog

• Off to a Start
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2011, 11:33:14 PM »
How about a 'separated at birth' segment where each rogue has to find a picture of someone famous they look like?  Maybe listeners can send them in.  I have no idea what the hell this has to do with anything, but it might be nice comic relief.

Offline gs

• Keeps Priorities Straight
    • SkepticEvents.com
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2011, 08:23:16 PM »
Rebecca gives Jay a Tarot card reading. Or a psychic butt reading.

Steve does a cold reading for the entire viewing audience then everybody answers a poll on how many hits Steve got right for them. You can start a poll thread in this sub-forum to tabulate the hits.

omg yes a butt reading must be done.

A psychic surgery would be fun to do, as well.  and you could dress up like Perry did at the psychic unfair.

a contest to see who can write down or come up with the most logical fallicies in 2 minutes.

watch a quack video off youtube and yell out the logical fallicies as you come across them.  first person to get each logical fallicy wins a prize.  (grand prize is a 10 minute nap)

Offline zalty

• Seasoned Contributor
  • Feng shui black belt
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2011, 09:29:09 PM »
Being that the satellite will probably land Friday night you can play a game of science and fiction and try to separate the true reports from the rest and attempt to be the first to broadcast where it lands.
If you threaten me with hell I'll punch your aura.

Offline Chew

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Juror #8
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2011, 09:31:51 PM »
Being that the satellite will probably land Friday night you can play a game of science and fiction and try to separate the true reports from the rest and attempt to be the first to broadcast where it lands.

Ha! That is a great idea! Each Rogues should guess which continent it will land nearest. Whoever's farthest off gets spanked by Steve.
"3 out of 2 Americans do not understand statistics." -Mark Crislip

Offline Obviousman

• Off to a Start
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2011, 08:51:31 AM »
Sorry to complain, but on your SGU 24 section you have the commencement time in USA Eastern and then you have "-04:00 UTC".

Sorry, but why say that? What does it mean (yes I know what it means, and yes you have the countdown timer - very nice!).

Please, please, please: just say what the UTC / GMT / Zulu time will be and let people convert that to their own time zone. Perhaps it is because I am military, but if people tell me GMT I can easily convert it to local. When people talk about EDST or MDT or GMT - 6, it just makes it a little more confusing for my addled brain.

Thanks!

personate-rain