Author Topic: Anyone up for some online RPGing?  (Read 3016 times)

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
Re: Anyone up for some online RPGing?
« Reply #225 on: April 18, 2015, 02:11:21 PM »
I can't make it.
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it.  - Dana Scully; X-Files ep. Herrenvolk w. Chris Carter

Offline Simon Jester

• Off to a Start
« Reply #226 on: April 18, 2015, 05:51:20 PM »
I meant to ask before we wrapped, Will purchasing the Achtung! Cthulhu - Keeper's Guide give me information I shouldn't have for this game?

Online Johnny Slick

• "Goddammit, Slick."
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • Evilution's Worst Nightmare
« Reply #227 on: April 18, 2015, 06:06:30 PM »
I'm a fan of dramatic irony in general so I'm not going to say "NO YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE THAT KNOWLEDGE" but you probably do want to bear in mind that the two groups you encountered today are explored in some detail in the Keeper's Guide and as such reading about them might a. make it less fun for you to engage in the discovery process, and b. might even be misleading if we end up retconning some of the info in there (because as far as I'm concerned, even if it's in a splatbook, until something is specifically mentioned in the game it's fair game for me or for that matter for anyone else playing to make modifications to or even ignore/get rid of altogether). But otherwise, meh. The fact that many of us knew what the details of the Daredevil milieu were going in to watching the TV series doesn't make it any less fun to watch, I don't think.

That being said, for the near future there is probably an adventure I'm going to be ripping a bunch of the guts out coming up, but it hasn't been published for Fate at all yet so it probably doesn't matter *too* much, I've also picked up a bunch of the other books available - the one on Eastern Europe in particular is one I think I'll be using a lot because of Lazar's background - so if you're concerned it'll be less fun if you know what I'm leading towards in advance and/or seeing me "doing it wrong", then that's up to you.
"Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone." - Oscar Wilde

Quote from: Schlock Treatment, Episode 73
There is only one Johnny Slick, and he is a son of a [redacted].

personate-rain
personate-rain