Author Topic: on the subject of PMs and etcetera (split from "Natalie's interview")  (Read 2100 times)

Offline AxeGrrl

• in my cell, making a shiv out of a toothbrush and saran wrap
  • Frequent Poster
Re: Re: Natalie B's interview on "Godless Bitches"
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2011, 08:50:00 AM »
maybe it should be taken to PMs

'taken' to PMs?   From what's been said, it happened in PMs..........and then someone chose to make their content public.

Someone correct me if I'm misrepresenting the situation.

"Wouldn't it be much worse if life *were* fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them?' So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Offline seaotter

• Drunkenly yelling LITTLE WING!
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • My homunculus is firing rockets at Israel.
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2011, 09:03:04 AM »
This whole discussion. If she wants to be here great if she doesn't she will be missed. Now let's move on.
"There is no use trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things." Lewis Carroll

Online teethering

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2011, 09:31:54 AM »
This whole discussion. If she wants to be here great if she doesn't she will be missed. Now let's move on.

This.

You really don't have to have the last word on an internet forum.  If you decided not being here is best for you, don't read and don't post, that's my advice.  Otherwise it'll always be "and another thing".

Offline AxeGrrl

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2011, 09:45:24 AM »
This whole discussion.

Meaning that every person involved contributed to the "bullshit"?

"Wouldn't it be much worse if life *were* fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them?' So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Offline Dionysus

• Prideful and Indolent
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • God's Son
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2011, 10:18:36 AM »
Natalie b it was good to have you here while it lasted. I will love to read your stuff at skepchick, but I tire of this bullshit.

Apparently (if you've been reading) Natalie feels the same, hence her saying 'adios' three times only to come back each time to this forum.

FTFY

Let's just acknowledge the fact that she loves the drama. For being such a horribly "bigoted" place, she sure loves posting here... ::)
Behold, God's Son is come unto this land, Of heaven's hot splendour lit to life, when she Of Thebes, even I, Dionysus, whom the brand Who bore me, Cadmus' daughter Semele, Died here. So, changed in shape from God to man... to show me in men's sight - Manifest God.

Offline AxeGrrl

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2011, 10:33:03 AM »
Natalie b it was good to have you here while it lasted. I will love to read your stuff at skepchick, but I tire of this bullshit.

Apparently (if you've been reading) Natalie feels the same, hence her saying 'adios' three times only to come back each time to this forum.

FTFY

Let's just acknowledge the fact that she loves the drama. For being such a horribly "bigoted" place, she sure loves posting here... ::)

To quote Natalie:
my decision to announce my departure the first time was indeed immature.

But hey, kudos to you for expressing something outright........maybe you can counsel/mentor seaotter on that.

Offline Kwisatz Haderach

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2011, 11:02:20 AM »

FTFY

Bullshit.  She was one of the most intelligent, level-headed, and insightful posters we've had here in a long time.  Beleth is the one who likes to whip up drama.  This is like the third of forth time he has chased intelligent contributors away from this forum since he took over as moderator.

Offline Lukas

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2011, 11:11:22 AM »

FTFY

Bullshit.  She was one of the most intelligent, level-headed, and insightful posters we've had here in a long time.  Beleth is the one who likes to whip up drama.  This is like the third of forth time he has chased intelligent contributors away from this forum since he took over as moderator.

I don't think it was Beleth who drove her away, but then I haven't been paying too close attention to this whole mess. I have criticized Beleth in the past for (in my opinion) too lax moderation standards, especially in the global warming subforum (and thankfully the criticism was eventually heard and changes were made), and maybe you can criticize something similar in the whole conflict about offensive terms in the context of transgender discussions. However, it looks to me that the posters insisting on using these offensive terms were the ones driving Natalie away, not Beleth. And it honestly also looks to me like she is a bit of a drama queen.

Offline pandamonium

• Skeptical Beer Inspector
  • All Board Access
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • FB relationship status: non-binary anarchy
    • The Artful Scientist (portfolio)
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2011, 11:31:07 AM »
yes, yes, we're all drama queens. very good. seeing as the only people who really know what happened and what was said when Natalie last decided to stop posting are the mods and Natalie, i don't see how the rest of you guys can really form an opinion either way. and, no, it's probably not anyones business but the mods and Natalie.

i'm going to split this thread when i get access to a computer. discussions about mod/poster discussions aren't relevant to Natalie's interview on Godless Bitches.

Rillon's Law
"
I think we should lynch people who are in the mafia.--EhJayArr
"I'm hungry but it's ok that's why we've got a confessions stand."

Offline GoodDerf

• Frequent Poster
  • Accidental King Math
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2011, 01:20:05 PM »
I mean come on she can't even stay in one gender how can you expect her to not flip flop on quitting  ::)?

Offline WC

• Frequent Poster
  • inflammable means flammable?
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2011, 02:51:08 PM »
Stay classy Derfherder

Offline Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2011, 03:05:30 PM »
maybe it should be taken to PMs

'taken' to PMs?   From what's been said, it happened in PMs..........and then someone chose to make their content public.

Someone correct me if I'm misrepresenting the situation.

I thought I posted a response earlier, but for some reason my phone glitched on it.  I'm glad though as now I can point to every post between this one and the one it quotes as the perfect example of why I'd have prefer to see it moved back to PMs regardless of who did what first.  Nothing constructive will come of this being publically discussed that wouldn't come out of a private conversation and discussing it publicly gets people who have no idea what they're talking about (myself included) on each side bitterly fighting to no good end. 

Also:

Stay classy Derfherder

^ this.

Offline pandamonium

• All Board Access
  • Planetary Skeptic
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2011, 05:30:14 PM »
what EL said. however since what has been said can't be unsaid, i'm going to split the thread. no, really, i will. eventually. :P

eta: i've locked the thread so i can split it. i'm usng my phone, so this might take a while. >.< MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 05:32:15 PM by pandamonium »

Rillon's Law
"

Offline pandamonium

• All Board Access
  • Planetary Skeptic
Re: Natalie B's interview on "Godless Bitches"
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2011, 05:40:58 PM »
thread unlocked. god have mercy on us all.

Rillon's Law
"

Offline Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2011, 10:31:55 PM »
Thanks Panda.  Definitely needed to be split :).

BTW, I'm sure I've said it a couple of times here and there, but in case my questions and comments about Natalie after she left got miscontrued as more than the matter-of-fact manner in which they were meant, the below quote sums up my feelings on Natalie quite well:

She was one of the most intelligent, level-headed, and insightful posters we've had here in a long time.