Author Topic: iOS, android app.  (Read 486 times)

Offline Unlimited

• Frequent Poster
iOS, android app.
« on: January 12, 2012, 12:47:52 PM »
Please?! Please?!

All you have to do is take 30 seconds on the next podcast, and ask for people who know how to do that stuff, to donate their time, and make an app. Gotta have iPad compatibility too.  ::)

Have like, everything SGttU in there, episode streaming, chat, (ad space  ;D) including a forum part where you can enable/disable notifications for certain threads. I would love you forever. Twice.

"As a rule, men worry more about what they can't see than about what they can." -Julius Caesar

Online Beleth

• Doing his part to provide an intellectually challenging environment for rational, polite discussion.
  • Administrator Emeritus
  • Too Much Spare Time
Re: iOS, android app.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 12:52:42 PM »
You can already read the forums in a handheld-friendly format if you click on the "WAP2" link at the very bottom of each page. You don't get images or links, but you can read everything.
I expect to pass through this world but once;
any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now;
let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
-- Stephan Grellet

Offline Unlimited

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 12:54:45 PM »
Honestly I just want the notification to popup when the topic I'm interested in gets a reply. That was the original line of thinking, and I figured if ur actually guna make one it would probably more then just a forum app.
"As a rule, men worry more about what they can't see than about what they can." -Julius Caesar

Offline TheIrreverend

• Partially Examined
  • Global Moderator
  • Well Established
  • On Her Majesty's Prosecution Service
    • The Irreverend
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 09:54:07 PM »
I have asked TLV to look into installing the Tapatalk plugin, which would provide a nice, native interface for forum browsing on iOS/Android/BB.  It's a $2.99 investment, but it's easy for the mods to implement without requiring a lot of work.

Offline TheLostVertex

• All Board Access
  • Seasoned Contributor
  • Not a Karma Cheater
    • Vertex's Etsy
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 10:54:58 PM »
This has been thought of before, and TheIrreverand suggested it to me a few days ago. I will be looking at the best option for people to use in the coming week.

personate-rain
personate-rain