Author Topic: Jessica Ahlquist Has Won Her Lawsuit!  (Read 2143 times)

Offline Anders

• Reef Tank Owner
Re: Jessica Ahlquist Has Won Her Lawsuit!
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 04:15:08 PM »
I wonder if school board members will ever catch on that claiming in court that an activity isn't religious won't work when you are on the record in the minutes of a public meeting saying the opposite?

There is nothing about lying in the Bible, not even in the Ten Commandments.   >:D

Funny you shoudl say that, because the only things called the Ten Commandments in the Bible are in Exodus 34:

I am making a covenant with you. Before all your people I will do wonders never before done in any nation in all the world. The people you live among will see how awesome is the work that I, the LORD, will do for you. 11 Obey what I command you today. I will drive out before you the Amorites, Canaanites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites. 12 Be careful not to make a treaty with those who live in the land where you are going, or they will be a snare among you. 13 Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones and cut down their Asherah poles.[a] 14 Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

15 “Be careful not to make a treaty with those who live in the land; for when they prostitute themselves to their gods and sacrifice to them, they will invite you and you will eat their sacrifices. 16 And when you choose some of their daughters as wives for your sons and those daughters prostitute themselves to their gods, they will lead your sons to do the same.

17 “Do not make any idols.

18 “Celebrate the Festival of Unleavened Bread. For seven days eat bread made without yeast, as I commanded you. Do this at the appointed time in the month of Aviv, for in that month you came out of Egypt.

19 “The first offspring of every womb belongs to me, including all the firstborn males of your livestock, whether from herd or flock. 20 Redeem the firstborn donkey with a lamb, but if you do not redeem it, break its neck. Redeem all your firstborn sons.

“No one is to appear before me empty-handed.

21 “Six days you shall labor, but on the seventh day you shall rest; even during the plowing season and harvest you must rest.

22 “Celebrate the Festival of Weeks with the firstfruits of the wheat harvest, and the Festival of Ingathering at the turn of the year. 23 Three times a year all your men are to appear before the Sovereign LORD, the God of Israel. 24 I will drive out nations before you and enlarge your territory, and no one will covet your land when you go up three times each year to appear before the LORD your God.

25 “Do not offer the blood of a sacrifice to me along with anything containing yeast, and do not let any of the sacrifice from the Passover Festival remain until morning.

26 “Bring the best of the firstfruits of your soil to the house of the LORD your God.

“Do not cook a young goat in its mother’s milk.”

I wonder if they really would fit in a courtroom setting.
Proud child of the Enlightenment

I survived the Great Forum Disaster of 2014. Never Forget.

Forget not that I am an ass.

Offline seaotter

• Drunkenly yelling LITTLE WING!
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • My homunculus is firing rockets at Israel.
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 02:09:50 PM »
Nobody turns a cheek like a christian!

“If this banner comes down, hell i hope the school burns down with it!”

“U little brainless idiot, hope u will be punished, you have not win sh..t! Stupid little brainless skunk!”

“Fuck Jessica alquist I’ll drop anchor on her face”

“definetly laying it down on this athiest tommorow anyone else?”

“Nothing bad better happen tomorrow #justsaying #fridaythe13th”

“Let’s all jump that girl who did the banner #fuckthatho”

“literally that bitch is insane. and the best part is she already transferred schools because shes knows someone will jump her #ahaha”

“”But for real somebody should jump this girl” lmao let’s do it!”

“Hmm jess is in my bio class, she’s gonna get some shit thrown at her”

“I want to punch the girl in the face that made west take down the school prayer… #Honestly”

“hail Mary full of grace @jessicaahlquist is gonna get punched in the face”

“When I take over the world I’m going to do a holocaust to all the atheists”

“gods going to fuck your ass with that banner you scumbag”

“I found it, what a little bitch lol I wanna snuff her”

“if I wasn’t 18 and wouldn’t go to jail I’d beat the shit out of her idk how she got away with not getting beat up yet”

“lol I wanna stick that bitch lol”

“nail her to a cross”

“We can make so many jokes about this dumb bitch, but who cares #thatbitchisgointohell and Satan is gonna rape her.”
"There is no use trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things." Lewis Carroll

Offline AxeGrrl

• in my cell, making a shiv out of a toothbrush and saran wrap
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 02:14:42 PM »

“If this banner comes down, hell i hope the school burns down with it!”

“U little brainless idiot, hope u will be punished, you have not win sh..t! Stupid little brainless skunk!”

“Fuck Jessica alquist I’ll drop anchor on her face”

“definetly laying it down on this athiest tommorow anyone else?”

“Nothing bad better happen tomorrow #justsaying #fridaythe13th”

“Let’s all jump that girl who did the banner #fuckthatho”

“literally that bitch is insane. and the best part is she already transferred schools because shes knows someone will jump her #ahaha”

“”But for real somebody should jump this girl” lmao let’s do it!”

“I want to punch the girl in the face that made west take down the school prayer… #Honestly”

“hail Mary full of grace @jessicaahlquist is gonna get punched in the face”

“When I take over the world I’m going to do a holocaust to all the atheists”

“gods going to fuck your ass with that banner you scumbag”

“I found it, what a little bitch lol I wanna snuff her”

“if I wasn’t 18 and wouldn’t go to jail I’d beat the shit out of her idk how she got away with not getting beat up yet”

“lol I wanna stick that bitch lol”

“nail her to a cross”

“We can make so many jokes about this dumb bitch, but who cares #thatbitchisgointohell and Satan is gonna rape her.”

WTF is wrong with people?

truly odious.

"Wouldn't it be much worse if life *were* fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them?' So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Offline Rabbit

• Keeps Priorities Straight
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 05:41:28 PM »

During the British riots last summer there were, I think, 2 men in Scotland arrested for inciting violence on a social media format (I think it was Facebook, will try to find it). Anywho, they got 4 years in jail for their troubles. Is there anything like that Stateside? Because some of that stuff is as bad imo.

Offline seaotter

• Planetary Skeptic
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2012, 05:55:30 PM »
They cut out the tweet that published her address.
"There is no use trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things." Lewis Carroll

Offline Zytheran

• Frequent Poster
    • The old Skeptics SA website
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2012, 06:24:39 PM »

truly odious.

Yep, amazingly disgusting.
That they behaved that way publicly.. making threats publicly... ignorant and stupid...way to go.
source posts/twitter .. http://jesusfetusfajitafishsticks.blogspot.com/2012/01/ahlquist-screenshots-if-by-christian.html
If it was most other countries public threats of physical violence would be followed up and charges laid however I imagine that freedom of speech makes it perfectly OK in the gool 'ol US of A. Someone please tell me I'm wrong. :(

Offline seaotter

• Planetary Skeptic
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2012, 06:34:26 PM »

truly odious.

That they behaved that way publicly.. making threats publicly... ignorant and stupid...way to go.
source posts/twitter .. http://jesusfetusfajitafishsticks.blogspot.com/2012/01/ahlquist-screenshots-if-by-christian.html
If it was most other countries public threats of physical violence would be followed up and charges laid however I imagine that freedom of speech makes it perfectly OK in the gool 'ol US of A. Someone please tell me I'm wrong. :(

I think this would come down to credible threat, although I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were terrorist charges that could apply. As to credible threat some of these sound like students in her school, which certainly could be serious.

Offline seaotter

• Planetary Skeptic
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2012, 06:39:33 PM »
California says
"Credible threat of violence" is a knowing and willful
statement or course of conduct that would place a reasonable person
in fear for his or her safety, or the safety of his or her immediate
family, and that serves no legitimate purpose.
in their civil code.

Offline seaotter

• Planetary Skeptic
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2012, 06:41:29 PM »

Offline David E.

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Contentedly Misanthropic.
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2012, 08:36:58 PM »
So she is getting threats for defending the Constitution?  Hypocrites much?
People are so used to criticizing religion in whispers, that a normal voice, sounds like a shout.

Offline seaotter

• Planetary Skeptic
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2012, 09:11:08 PM »
So she is getting threats for defending the Constitution?  Hypocrites much?

And protecting the basis of religious freedom.

Offline Traveler

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2012, 02:32:51 AM »

truly odious.

I think this would come down to credible threat, although I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were terrorist charges that could apply. As to credible threat some of these sound like students in her school, which certainly could be serious.

Police are investigating.

...laws against "cyber bullying" and cyberstalking could be applied, if the messages are found to be "a purposeful course of conduct that would cause a person reasonable emotional distress and to be in fear for their safety."
If one is going to be ignorant, then one may as well make a thorough and studied job of it.

Offline David E.

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2012, 09:53:47 AM »
Jessica Ahlquist's RI ACLU Press Conference January 12, 2012

It's long.
People are so used to criticizing religion in whispers, that a normal voice, sounds like a shout.

Offline James

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2012, 10:17:46 AM »
The fact that she did all this at age 16 is amazing.  It's just unfortunate that now she will have to face a lot of back lash from the christian majority, though something tells me she probably will be able to handle it.

There is  a scholarship fund set up for her, it can be found at The Friendly Atheist's site, this is a very worthy cause- getting a skeptic with her tenacity the highest education possible!

Go donate!
Faith is not a useful tool for discerning truth- Matt Dilahunty

"Christianity-That's messed up!" - Denise

Offline David E.

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2012, 04:10:30 PM »

Help us to be good sports when we lose. 

Whoops...

personate-rain