Author Topic: \m/ Metal \m/  (Read 12791 times)

Offline stonesean

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Dumb sailor on the Sea of Awesome
Re: \m/ Metal \m/
« Reply #180 on: July 13, 2016, 07:37:56 AM »
In less than two weeks I'll be seeing them live:

I saw Maiden twice live, with about 20 years between shows.  Neither show disappointed.
Well.  There it is.

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Frequent Poster
  • 667 - Neighbor of the beast.
    • jeremyad [sic]
« Reply #181 on: July 18, 2016, 01:07:29 PM »
I saw Maiden this year, they were amazing. Think I'm going to grab some cheap seats at the Hollywood Bowl for Black Sabbath this fall as well.

I saw Royal Thunder open for The Sword and I didn't know who they were, but I was so impressed that I have listened to their albums almost non-stop for the last month.
Knowledge is power. France is bacon.

Offline stonesean

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Dumb sailor on the Sea of Awesome
« Reply #182 on: July 18, 2016, 01:09:45 PM »
I saw Maiden this year, they were amazing. Think I'm going to grab some cheap seats at the Hollywood Bowl for Black Sabbath this fall as well.

I saw Royal Thunder open for The Sword and I didn't know who they were, but I was so impressed that I have listened to their albums almost non-stop for the last month.

Sabbath is coming in August to the Washington DC area.

It's the last opportunity for me to ever see them again, (according to the band) but I saw Ozzy solo four years ago in Germany and his voice was so blown live that it was disheartening.  I'm not sure it's worth the $70 bucks or so I'd need to spend....

Well.  There it is.

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Frequent Poster
  • 667 - Neighbor of the beast.
    • jeremyad [sic]
« Reply #183 on: July 18, 2016, 01:12:58 PM »

Sabbath is coming in August to the Washington DC area.

It's the last opportunity for me to ever see them again, (according to the band) but I saw Ozzy solo four years ago in Germany and his voice was so blown live that it was disheartening.  I'm not sure it's worth the $70 bucks or so I'd need to spend....
Yeah I know. I just saw Brian Wilson, and wow, he's just not there...
I saw Black Sabbath on Ozzfest a long time ago, so I wasn't going to go again, but now I'm kind of itching to see them. I'm buying the cheaper nosebleed seats if I do go for the reason that I just don't think Ozzy will up to snuff.
Knowledge is power. France is bacon.

personate-rain