Author Topic: Animal right activist launch drone to monitor bird hunt... it gets shot down  (Read 381 times)

Offline David "Stubb" Oswald

• Working hard to become an agricultural scientist.
  • Frequent Poster
  • Lived, perspicacious, philosophic wisdom.
If you read a book and it changes your life, you are fucked. -Seth Romatelli

Offline Citizen Skeptic

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Vote for Jill Stein.
Neither the craft nor the reaction surprise me. If a drone was flying around my house close enough to be taken out by my shotgun, it might be good sport. It would be like sporting clays on steroids.
Stay thirsty for knowledge my friends.
--The most interesting man in the world

Offline lonely moa

• Frequent Poster
It would have been taken out from above by the cullers from the safety of their helicopters in my neck of the woods... Anyway, it looks like the sort of toy that should have a grainy picture taken of it so the panel could prattle on about it.
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”

― Napoleon

Offline Zytheran

• Frequent Poster
    • The old Skeptics SA website
It would have been taken out from above by the cullers from the safety of their helicopters in my neck of the woods... Anyway, it looks like the sort of toy that should have a grainy picture taken of it so the panel could prattle on about it.
The latest versions of these are *far* from toys and can handle streamng HD video...many of the more recent DIY UAV's exceed the capability of the small military UAV's and are a fraction of the price.
(The development rate by the DIY community is very impressive.)

Offline Citizen Skeptic

• Vote for Jill Stein.
I have a little battery powered helicopter I use to annoy my dogs in the house.  :)

I heard that the airspace up to 500 feet above your property is yours. If someone get's into that airspace, they are on your property. Don't know that this is true and under what circumstances. Could a cop on a cherry picker, for example, look into your back yard and around your house as long as they don't set foot on the property?

A 12 gauge with 00 shot can hit stuff up to 100 feet away or so, depending on how it's choked.

Online Calinthalus

• Stopped Going Outside
Steve Hindi, president of SHARK (SHowing Animals Respect and Kindness), said his group was preparing to launch its Mikrokopter drone to video what he called a live pigeon shoot on Sunday...
[/l]

Because shooting dead pigeons would be silly.
"I think computer viruses should count as life. Maybe it says something about human nature, that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. Talk about creating life in our own image."
--Stephen Hawking

Online Johnny Slick

• Jesus Christ HI PANDA U R HOT
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • Evilution's Worst Nightmare
Steve Hindi, president of SHARK (SHowing Animals Respect and Kindness), said his group was preparing to launch its Mikrokopter drone to video what he called a live pigeon shoot on Sunday...
[/l]

Because shooting dead pigeons would be silly.

I'm pretty sure the distinction is made to diffentiate them from clay pigeons.
"Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone." - Oscar Wilde

Quote from: Schlock Treatment, Episode 73
There is only one Johnny Slick, and he is a son of a [redacted].

Offline lonely moa

• Frequent Poster
Could a cop on a cherry picker, for example, look into your back yard and around your house as long as they don't set foot on the property?

CS, they are probably already are.

― Napoleon

Offline lonely moa

• Frequent Poster

― Napoleon

Offline khendar

• Well Established
    • TimParkinson.net
I wonder what armaments this guy could sport.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/6211269/High-flying-shark-makes-pilot-look-twice

I was very close to buying one of these when they appeared on a daily deals website. $30 is a bargain, but when I factored in sorting out helium tanks etc it wasn't worth the effort.

Offline Ah.hell

• Too Much Spare Time
The latest versions of these are *far* from toys and can handle streamng HD video...many of the more recent DIY UAV's exceed the capability of the small military UAV's and are a fraction of the price.
(The development rate by the DIY community is very impressive.)
and my nephew got one for christmas.  Seriously, a remote control airplane with a video camera for christmas, spoiled little brat.

Offline Citizen Skeptic

• Vote for Jill Stein.
I think I was born 50 years too early.

Offline Zytheran

• Frequent Poster
    • The old Skeptics SA website
...no, you're just generally behaving 50 years too old.. ;)
We're the same generation and I'm seriously thinking about getting a quadcopter, putting leds on it and causing UFO mayhem all over my city at night. ;D And I have the skills to design, program and build one of the fully autonomous ones too...  >:D
 Must.Resist.Temptation...Must.Avoid.Evilllllllll.
Gahhhhhh. Curse you internetz.......

Offline Citizen Skeptic

• Vote for Jill Stein.
...no, you're just generally behaving 50 years too old.. ;)
We're the same generation and I'm seriously thinking about getting a quadcopter, putting leds on it and causing UFO mayhem all over my city at night. ;D And I have the skills to design, program and build one of the fully autonomous ones too...  >:D
 Must.Resist.Temptation...Must.Avoid.Evilllllllll.
Gahhhhhh. Curse you internetz.......

LOL. It's funny you should say that because that's what my retirement is turning into for me. No plans to remarry or chase women.

From now on it's me, my dogs, and my toys! Yay!

I've gotten the maker bug too. :)

personate-rain
personate-rain