Ok, so I finally started playing this game over the weekend. I have not read this thread yet because SPOILERS, but I have some impressions.
- It feels like ME2 and plays much like it. I find this happens often with trilogies where the first game is a runaway hit and then the next two are planned and executed pretty much at the same time or at least in the same way, building off the first. Gears of War was like this, for example, and so was the Matrix series. (Not that this game is as bad as the two Matrix sequels.)
- How the hell did Shepard end up in the Alliance again?
- I can't wait to kick that Illusive Man's ass.
- ME2 had no lesbian romance option. My femshep was very lonely and still hung up on Liara. I thought that Jack not being into women was out of character. Then she told me to stop hitting on her and that I was pissing in her ears or something. Besides, who was I supposed to romance? That frog dude? Garrus? JACOB? (He's dead. By the way.)
- Speaking of, I still need to play through ME2 again to save the crew and my dead team members. That CAN be done, right?
- I like the whole "preparedness" thing. I am looking forward to getting each sector up to snuff.
- Still haven't tried the multiplayer. Sounds like the best part. People are still playing that, right?
- Any downloadable content worth getting for ME2? Like that spy one with the new character? That seemed interesting.