Author Topic: J'Accuse! Interstitial: Review Revised Rules  (Read 2661 times)

Offline brilligtove

• Well Established
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
    • Valuum
Re: J'Accuse! Interstitial: Review Revised Rules
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2015, 01:44:02 PM »
I'm interested in what that would look like. What happens when you see a sequitur?
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Offline petrolpetal

• Well Established
  • more naive and foolish than people realise
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2015, 01:58:51 PM »
Still the J'!accuse. And three votes, but we keep track ourselves ( the j'accuser will certainly keep track, and someone would always jump on a mistake) ... But the time pressure goes away. And it's just for the fun and wit of it. For me, personally it would then just be in the group of threads I check on regularly, just for fun - like word assoc and the Q games. It would obvious be more challenging than those games, which is what I really like about this one. Maybe with the quote function we could all take responsibility for updating the words-in-play list with each new word we post. My concern would be no barrier to spurious challenges. But social pressure (aka snarkiness!) might take care of that. For me the competition is not important, I hardly even check the scores ( game 0 of course was ENTIRELY DIFFERENT!).

Offline petrolpetal

• Well Established
  • more naive and foolish than people realise
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2015, 02:16:11 PM »
To keep it moving quickly, I would actually suggest that it go like those: the J'accuse plus explanation, followed by an opportunity for rebuttal by the j'accused (so play wild not continue until the j'accused responded) then a sudden death single vote decider by anyone other than the j'accused or the j'accuser.

And,say, a monthly game where we solicit participants and keep a running tally of the monthly scores etc. That would allow practice and a bit of interesting meta gaming by judging players voting patterns etc

Offline brilligtove

• Well Established
    • Valuum
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2015, 06:31:48 PM »
To keep it moving quickly, I would actually suggest that it go like those: the J'accuse plus explanation, followed by an opportunity for rebuttal by the j'accused (so play wild not continue until the j'accused responded) then a sudden death single vote decider by anyone other than the j'accused or the j'accuser.

And,say, a monthly game where we solicit participants and keep a running tally of the monthly scores etc. That would allow practice and a bit of interesting meta gaming by judging players voting patterns etc

That could work. If there are points it's going to be competitive, but maybe not too competitive? If you want a fast flow (like the drinking game) we might want to just tally the drinks J'Accuse!, not every post, and maybe stick to the last 2 or 3 words (like the Working Memory variant). I like the unbounded monthly game, esp. if the only way to make points is to find a pattern and have a few votes to back it. Perhaps majority of votes in 4 hours instead of best of 5? Or best of 3 instead of best of 5?

I don't know if I like like it - but I definitely like the way you think.

Possibilities...

evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Offline brilligtove

• Well Established
    • Valuum
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2015, 09:59:24 AM »
Hi, folks. I've been sick the last few days and haven't had the energy to get a new game started. Are you interested in a genteel game but with best of three voting instead of best of five? Or something else?

Offline mickal777

• Beleth Gave Me 100 Gold
  • Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2015, 07:17:31 PM »
I would like to play a game

Offline brilligtove

• Well Established
    • Valuum
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2015, 09:57:48 PM »
I would like to play a game

Any variant of interest? It's been a collaboration the whole way, so new opinions will always matter.

Offline mickal777

• Beleth Gave Me 100 Gold
  • Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2015, 06:09:49 AM »
I'm still a bit unsure on how it goes so I'd like to input maybe after having a spin

personate-rain