Author Topic: Twitter your random excersize thoughts and workout experiences.  (Read 29097 times)

Offline daniel1948

• Well Established
  • Cat Lovers Against the Bomb
Re: Twitter your random excersize thoughts and workout experiences.
« Reply #675 on: January 31, 2016, 02:01:47 PM »
They used to do it on photographic film, physically cutting and splicing sections of film.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline lonely moa

• A rather tough old bird.
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #676 on: February 04, 2016, 04:14:12 PM »
Just back from lifting heavy things.  My copy of Sisson's  (and Kearns) "Primal Endurance"l has arrived.  At a glance, they mention not to forget the great success of the old masters, Lydiard land Maffetone; keep one's heart rate below 180 - one's age. 

Seems that the great Kiwi miler's, Peter Snell (one of Lydiard's athletes), 1500m time would qualify him for the olympics today, 55 years later.  His NZ 800m record still stands. 

"It's the home of the brave and the land of the free
 Where the less you know the better off you'll be"

Warren Zevon (Disorder in the House)

Offline GodSlayer

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #677 on: February 06, 2016, 02:33:23 AM »
so, I FINALLY finished my little project for the crew I train with :)

I feel the need to share it with everyone
"He who takes his morality with high seriousness is angry with the skeptics in the domain of morals: for here where he is expending all his strength others are supposed to stand astonished, not inquire and express doubts." - Nietzsche

Online Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #678 on: February 06, 2016, 06:17:40 AM »

Humans are awesome

Offline J. Eastgate

• Frequent Poster
  • Ceci n'est pas une good post.
« Reply #679 on: February 06, 2016, 07:02:06 AM »
Nice, dude!  It's looks like a ninja training camp.
Every soup ladled to the hungry, every blanket draped over the cold signifies, in the final sense, a theft from my gigantic paycheck.

Offline GodSlayer

« Reply #680 on: February 07, 2016, 03:18:36 PM »
Nice, dude!  It's looks like a ninja training camp.

yea, hopefully as it grows we'll get some more climbing and acro style gear in there.

the guy doing the staff work in the video has inspired me to learn a bit of that (which is two-fold wonderful for me: I never know what do with my hands when I'm dancing, and this solves that problem, and the finger work works the extensors nicely, which tend to be neglected in my training). going to check out the local fire-dancing group this Friday.
"He who takes his morality with high seriousness is angry with the skeptics in the domain of morals: for here where he is expending all his strength others are supposed to stand astonished, not inquire and express doubts." - Nietzsche

Offline GodSlayer

« Reply #681 on: February 07, 2016, 03:19:30 PM »

Humans are awesome

: Kiwi edition :D

Offline David "Stubb" Oswald

• Working hard to become an agricultural scientist.
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • Lived, perspicacious, philosophic wisdom.
« Reply #682 on: February 08, 2016, 03:29:01 PM »
As I mentioned in another topic, I am a little limited in time, money, and environment to work out. After some online research I bought a sandbag trainer as it looks like the cheapest and one of the best weighs to add some resistance to my daily workouts.

If you have not heard of this before the basic premise is you take some bags and fill them with sand or gravel. The gravel or sand filled bags can be put into a larger bag, which allows you to adjust the weight anywhere from 10 to 100 kgs. You can then do squats, deadlifts, lunges, cleans, swings, shoulder press, getups, etc.. The advantage of using a sandbag system is that it is super cheap, and the center of gravity of the bag shifts as you lift it up. Traditional barbell or dumbbell lifts are more difficult and you have to use your core more often because of the shifting weight. I am excited to get into it.

If you read a book and it changes your life, you are fucked. -Seth Romatelli

Online Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #683 on: February 08, 2016, 03:33:09 PM »
Id say it gets oversold when compared to barbells which I think are better for chasing specific results and avoiding injury but I agree 100% that sandbag training is awesome and really can do just about everything most people need!

Online AQB24712

• Not a Euphemism.
  • Global Moderator
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • Did you just call me..."Bacon girl"?
« Reply #684 on: February 08, 2016, 04:09:30 PM »

Daaaamn.  :worship:
"There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind."  Kurt Vonnegut
"You can bet your last money it's all gonna be a stone gas, honey."  Don Cornelius
"Wow! You spark up my entire thinking faculty."  A scammer/bot on a dating site

Offline GodSlayer

« Reply #685 on: February 08, 2016, 11:57:04 PM »

yea, pretty neat bunch of people, eh.

anyone with an artistic side/background/whatever I really do welcome critique from. I'm only just learning and using a terrible camera right now (we're looking at getting a go-pro). I had never even heard the term 'full frame camera' until yesterday :P
I hope to make more videos, and since they won't always be so frantic, the more stylistic visions I have to work with the better I can make them, and the more aware I am of the art of good photography the better footage I can get. I guess it's O/T though ,should I make a thread for this? I know we have people in these kinda fields on the forum

Online AQB24712

• Not a Euphemism.
  • Global Moderator
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • Did you just call me..."Bacon girl"?

yea, pretty neat bunch of people, eh.

Mm-hmm.

anyone with an artistic side/background/whatever I really do welcome critique from. I'm only just learning and using a terrible camera right now (we're looking at getting a go-pro). I had never even heard the term 'full frame camera' until yesterday :P
I hope to make more videos, and since they won't always be so frantic, the more stylistic visions I have to work with the better I can make them, and the more aware I am of the art of good photography the better footage I can get. I guess it's O/T though ,should I make a thread for this? I know we have people in these kinda fields on the forum

Not a bad idea.  Hie thee over yonder to Member Creations, sir.
"There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind."  Kurt Vonnegut
"You can bet your last money it's all gonna be a stone gas, honey."  Don Cornelius
"Wow! You spark up my entire thinking faculty."  A scammer/bot on a dating site

Offline GodSlayer

Not a bad idea.  Hie thee over yonder to Member Creations, sir.

thy will be done
http://sguforums.com/index.php/topic,46154.0.html

personate-rain
personate-rain