Author Topic: Twitter your random excersize thoughts and workout experiences.  (Read 10717 times)

Offline GodSlayer

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: Twitter your random excersize thoughts and workout experiences.
« Reply #510 on: August 26, 2014, 11:13:37 AM »
inexplicably
isn't that a rule of cycling?

For three hours I was in an arm wrestling match with a giant.  I was nearly pushed into traffic so many times, I lost count. 

I hope you at least filmed it. anything in the brave/stupid grey area needs to be on camera.
Quote from: Charlie Brooker, How TV Ruined Your Life
"...we spend more time gazing at luminous screens than into the eyes of our loved ones."

Offline AQB24712

• Not a Euphemism.
  • Global Moderator
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • Did you just call me..."Bacon girl"?
« Reply #511 on: August 26, 2014, 11:34:37 AM »
For three hours I was in an arm wrestling match with a giant.  I was nearly pushed into traffic so many times, I lost count. 

I hope you at least filmed it. anything in the brave/stupid grey area needs to be on camera.

:laugh:

Cogsy, this seems like a bit of a humblebrag.  ;)
"There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind."  Kurt Vonnegut
"You can bet your last money it's all gonna be a stone gas, honey."  Don Cornelius
'What a nose...and ur hair color...from another planet. ..Rafael here...how r u?" some dude on a dating site

Offline Harry Black

• Well Established
« Reply #512 on: August 26, 2014, 11:48:27 AM »
I kinda like humblebrags.
Lets people share being happy about what they did while not doing the standard Rick Flair impression that most dude-bro alpha knobs seem to think is necessary.
-------------------------------------------------      
Subotai: I pray to the four winds... and you?
Conan: To Crom... but I seldom pray to him, he doesn't listen

Online Cognoscento

• F1 Fanatic
  • Seasoned Contributor
  • Monkey Knife Fights, Amen.
Twitter your random excersize thoughts and workout experiences.
« Reply #513 on: August 26, 2014, 12:28:31 PM »
Not so much of a humble brag, more as an "oh yeah?" To Moa's casual dismissal of the mighty wind gods of Southern Nevada (May they bless me with a tailwind some day).

Edit: if I was gonna humble brag, I would have thrown in the fact that I still managed a 17mph average for the ride.  ;D

Sent from the 7th circle of swell.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:42:20 PM by Cognoscento »
Triathlon-
Why excel at one sport when you can be mediocre at three?

Offline Friendly Angel

• Keeps Priorities Straight
« Reply #514 on: August 26, 2014, 01:01:50 PM »

Edit: if I was gonna humble brag, I would have thrown in the fact that I still managed a 17mph average for the ride.  ;D

Got hills?  I'm guessing you didn't include elevation change because there wasn't any.     >:D
There are 10 types of people in the world - the ones that can count in base 2, the ones that can't count in base 2, and the ones that didn't expect this to be in base 3.

Online Cognoscento

• F1 Fanatic
  • Seasoned Contributor
  • Monkey Knife Fights, Amen.
« Reply #515 on: August 26, 2014, 01:31:06 PM »
Admittedly, it's not super hilly but it's far from flat.  2300' elevation change in 54mi. 

Triathlon-
Why excel at one sport when you can be mediocre at three?

Offline lonely moa

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #516 on: August 26, 2014, 04:02:35 PM »
I don't care where you're from, 40mph headwinds/crosswinds with gusts up to 60 (in both directions, inexplicably) does not make for a pleasant ride.  Especially with deep cross section wheels. For three hours I was in an arm wrestling match with a giant.  I was nearly pushed into traffic so many times, I lost count. 

Well, our winds usually maintain a reasonably constant direction.  But that direction (usually NW) at sixty to one hundred forty k's goes on for days.  and days.  That's why I have two chainsaws and a bad back. 

My friend Glen was blown off his mtn bike training for China a fortnight ago.  Nice wounds.
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”

― Napoleon

Offline Harry Black

• Well Established
Just did my first run in 3 months.
It did not feel good :D
Back held up fine but thirty minutes left me in bits!
The place Im in is not exactly jogger friendly though and the fumes from traffic and burning rubbish/open sewers were a delight!
Ah well, baby steps and all. But I definitely respect anyone who has come back from more serious stuff or even just started from scratch later in life.

Offline lonely moa

• Frequent Poster
The place Im in is not exactly jogger friendly though and the fumes from traffic and burning rubbish/open sewers were a delight!

No muggers?
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”

― Napoleon

Offline Harry Black

• Well Established
No muggers. Its a pretty safe place traffic not with standing.
Sometimes guys get held up at knife point by taxi drivers if they are too drunk but during the day everyone is very friendly.

Offline Plastiq

• Frequent Poster
Ah well, baby steps and all. But I definitely respect anyone who has come back from more serious stuff or even just started from scratch later in life.

Shit, I was actually running when I was there, too. The smog was brutal.

And the locals clearly thought I was fucked in the head. Seriously, they found someone out running to be the strangest thing. The attention was pretty irritating, actually.

Offline Harry Black

• Well Established
Yes!!!
Everyone either wants to shake your hand or seems to think you should be in their tuktuk!
Our place is round the corner from Mr Sri Lankas gym but I wont be venturing over there until I have my base cardio back.
I do prefer the gym or even just sprints in the garden while Im here because the road death stats are sobering.

personate-rain
personate-rain