Author Topic: Twitter your random excersize thoughts and workout experiences.  (Read 7549 times)

Offline GodSlayer

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: Twitter your random excersize thoughts and workout experiences.
« Reply #285 on: March 08, 2015, 08:02:38 AM »
so thrashed from work this week I was close to calling off my weekly workout, but decided to just go and see if I could manage anything.

hadn't tried the forward roll to support since before I was about to MU, and am happy to add that to my modest little highlight reel to continue the self-motivation.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152662154152111&l=6690915592027390342

Quote from: Dale Carnegie
When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion.

Offline lonely moa

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #286 on: March 08, 2015, 09:14:19 PM »
I decreased the weights I have been using with my 5x5 programme (about 10%) or stopped adding to a few.  I increased the number of exercises by two and got back to working on good form.  I enjoyed today's workout; it was the end of the monday 18 hr fast. 
"If God did not want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat." —John Cleese

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Well Established
« Reply #287 on: March 11, 2015, 06:41:46 AM »
My laziness says that today could be a rest day. My schedule is shrugging and saying "whatever".
My self hating contrarion is saying I will have a forced rest day in the next week or so anyway, even if I dont reach a point where my body tells me to piss off before that...

Edit- OKAY!! I did a 20min kickboxing circuit and a 20min run.
Jeez. Get of my back you guys.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 09:56:09 AM by Harry Black »

Offline lonely moa

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #288 on: March 11, 2015, 11:56:54 AM »
My laziness says that today could be a rest day. My schedule is shrugging and saying "whatever".
My self hating contrarion is saying I will have a forced rest day in the next week or so anyway, even if I dont reach a point where my body tells me to piss off before that...

Edit- OKAY!! I did a 20min kickboxing circuit and a 20min run.
Jeez. Get of my back you guys.

Listen to your body and avoid injury.  Rest is critical to health and strength.
"If God did not want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat." —John Cleese

Offline Plastiq

• Well Established
« Reply #289 on: March 11, 2015, 12:10:58 PM »
My body is telling me to eat Peanut Butter Cups and snort heroin.

Offline Harry Black

• Well Established
« Reply #290 on: March 11, 2015, 12:18:45 PM »
Yeah. Not yet fatigued enough to be resting. Im actually feeling alot better for having done that session.
Lack of skin on my knuckles isnt doing my street cred any harm either but I just found out that the eastern european guys have been thinking my punisher t-shirt is a spetznas shirt. Time to switch to deadpool.

Offline Harry Black

• Well Established
« Reply #291 on: March 21, 2015, 10:45:57 AM »
Shooting my new bow actually works up a sweat and feels like a gook back workout.
I shot for about 30min today and then messed about on the rings. Got my first crucifix.
Might get a jog in later.

Offline GodSlayer

« Reply #292 on: March 21, 2015, 11:08:58 AM »
messed about on the rings. Got my first crucifix.

dude, what?
I demand video!

I had tendonitis'esque pains all week from not even coming close to getting the crucifix last weekend. grrrr
When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion.

Offline Harry Black

• Well Established
« Reply #293 on: March 21, 2015, 11:16:09 AM »
messed about on the rings. Got my first crucifix.

dude, what?
I demand video!

I had tendonitis'esque pains all week from not even coming close to getting the crucifix last weekend. grrrr
I will pm you the link. Im pretty sure I got some part wrong, i was definitely wobbly as fuck.

Edit- imgur doesnt seem to let you work with video. If you know of another way other than youtube or public sites like that I will get it to you that way.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 11:29:17 AM by Harry Black »

Offline GodSlayer

« Reply #294 on: March 21, 2015, 11:36:47 AM »
Edit- imgur doesnt seem to let you work with video. If you know of another way other than youtube or public sites like that I will get it to you that way.

vimeo is shit because of a 45 minute delay time.
guys on r/bodyweightfitness share youtube vids that are often listed as 'unlisted' with the message 'please be thoughtful before sharing this', which I guess means the link is private if you only PM it, and you can always delete it afterwards.

and I'm sure there are dozens of file locker type websites, but I have no idea what ones would have a privacy policy that would work for you better than youtube.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 11:39:49 AM by GodSlayer »

Offline Harry Black

• Well Established
« Reply #295 on: March 21, 2015, 04:04:12 PM »
So Full disclosure- went through the video a bit more closely and I wasnt as close.as.I thought to a crucifix.
Godslayer gave some great tips though.

Offline GodSlayer

« Reply #296 on: March 22, 2015, 07:17:47 AM »
So Full disclosure- went through the video a bit more closely and I wasnt as close.as.I thought to a crucifix.
Godslayer gave some great tips though.

best tip I can offer is to sign up to the reddit forum I mentioned, or gymnasticbodies forum. you get people there with really sound experience and success who're very pedantic about form and progressions out of a deep concern for avoiding injuries.

personate-rain