Author Topic: Twitter your random excersize thoughts and workout experiences.  (Read 11384 times)

Offline Belcher

• Brand New
  • Cynthia Mariana
    • Love and Buy it
Re: Twitter your random excersize thoughts and workout experiences.
« Reply #345 on: May 25, 2015, 01:36:58 AM »
1. Buuurp. Uugh.  I shouldn't have eaten that habanero shrimp burrito before running an hour on the treadmill. Buuurp uuugggghh.

What is so bad eating them all? I do not think it is bad at all.

Offline lonely moa

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #346 on: May 28, 2015, 12:46:32 AM »
Did the favourite local loop today with the dog.  Six and a half K's, 500m climb and descent (undulating steeply in true Kiwi stye) .  Snow at the top.  Fifty minutes up, thirty down, including a short chat with a buddy out checking his possum trap line. 

Couldn't keep up with Joe, but  have got 61 years on him.

"Evidence based medicine really is people doing science badly" —Ben Goldacre

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Well Established
« Reply #347 on: May 28, 2015, 04:10:59 AM »
Did a bag circuit a couple of days ago, wore wraps and gloves but for the first time in 16 years of hitting punchbags I made a bad connection and hurt my wrist. Cant put pressure on it or rotate a full range of motion but nothing seems broken.
Pain in the ass for my scheduled training.

Offline GodSlayer

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #348 on: May 28, 2015, 09:43:20 AM »
Did a bag circuit a couple of days ago, wore wraps and gloves but for the first time in 16 years of hitting punchbags I made a bad connection and hurt my wrist. Cant put pressure on it or rotate a full range of motion but nothing seems broken.
Pain in the ass for my scheduled training.

eep.
one of my coworkers broke his wrist while I was away on injury leave, just from a bad jump landing. he didn't think it was that bad until he realized, like you're saying, he couldn't put pressure on it (lift things), and headed for the ER.
Quote from: Dale Carnegie
When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion.

Offline Harry Black

• Well Established
« Reply #349 on: May 28, 2015, 10:20:28 AM »
Nah, Im as certain as I can be without x-ray that its a sprain at worst 
Just need to avoid certain exercises for a bit.
The ship Im on has broken aircon at the minute and its getting to 47 degrees celcius outside so when I used the gym today I looked like I had been swimming!

Offline GodSlayer

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #350 on: May 28, 2015, 10:33:33 AM »
The ship Im on has broken aircon at the minute and its getting to 47 degrees celcius outside so when I used the gym today I looked like I had been swimming!

I don't think I could sleep in that heat without looking like I'd been swimming. no, I don't think I could sleep comma period period
Quote from: Dale Carnegie
When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion.

Offline Harry Black

• Well Established
« Reply #351 on: May 28, 2015, 10:47:46 AM »

I don't think I could sleep in that heat without looking like I'd been swimming. no, I don't think I could sleep comma period period
Its not that hot inside at night but Id say it could be early to mid thirties.
I tend to wet a towel and lay it across my chest which lowers the temperature nicely.
Yet despite seeing how soundly I sleep, other people balk at trying it and resign to twist and turn and sweat until they get sone sort of sleep.

personate-rain
personate-rain