Author Topic: Twitter your random excersize thoughts and workout experiences.  (Read 17207 times)

Online Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Frequent Poster
Re: Twitter your random excersize thoughts and workout experiences.
« Reply #435 on: August 24, 2015, 05:40:22 AM »
Yeah. I used to do ass to the grass but I felt a lot of pressure on my lower back when pushing back up so in light of previous injuries I decided to forgo the benefits to escape any potential risk.

Offline Plastiq

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #436 on: August 24, 2015, 11:07:14 AM »
Heresy. There's only one correct form that every single person should do. Now excuse me while I hop into my mobility cart.

Online Harry Black

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #437 on: August 24, 2015, 11:13:57 AM »
Heresy. There's only one correct form that every single person should do. Now excuse me while I hop into my mobility cart.
I once read a question to Mark Riptoe on his forums from a really polite kid who was experiencing pain while doing squats with what he described as correct form.
Riptoe was incredibly rude to him and essentially said that if he had legs and a back then squatting was good. If it hurt then he was doing it wrong. The kid asked (politely) for some elaboration and he was told to piss off because Riptoe was busy.
Got to say, this forum is hardly a gymgoers haven but the lack of snark and machismo in answers to questions in this thread, makes it far better and productive imo than any of the bodybuilding forums my googling inevitably leads me to.

Offline Plastiq

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #438 on: August 25, 2015, 12:54:04 PM »
Oh, Rippetoe rejoices in being a boor. Kind of a pillock, unless you catch him in a certain frame of mind, then he has quite a bit to offer. Many (perhaps most) of his articles are sensationalistic crap based off the hint of a good or reasonable idea.

Online Harry Black

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #439 on: August 27, 2015, 05:45:48 AM »
Im finding run keeper to be slightly off on measuring distance.
For example yesterday, A to B was 5k but when I got back to A I had to run an extra 30m past it to hit 10k.
It sounds small but it really messed up my time calculations.

personate-rain