I want to make a Minecraft Let's Play video (LP) of a challenge map with you guys. The way I would like to do it is to have two or more teams, with each team having at least one person recording their perspective. We will play for 3 or 4 hours a week in one go, then upload the videos to youtube. For my part I'll be dividing them into 1/2 hour chunks, as this seems the most manageable.
To do this we need to figure a few things out:
1. Which map do we use?
2. What VOIP service do we use?
3. What date/time will we be playing? It should be the same every week until the LP is done.
4. Who will play and on which team? I nominate Bunsen for captain of Team Leather (he knows why!)
1. For the map I would like to start off easy with Sunburn Islands, one of the easiest of Vech's superhostile CTM maps. There is a good chance we could finish this map in one go. If we can't get the nether portion of the map to function properly I can set up a second beastnode server for the LP. Sorry Z, but as long as multiverse interferes with the nether content of challenge maps I'm not sure there is an alternative.
2. We get a free VOIP service with Beastnode, so it seems we should at least try that. This will require testing. My only concern is that if someone gets disconnected from the server they also get disconnected from voice chat. There are advantages to using a stand alone service such as Ventrillo or Teamspeak. Still, the beastnode service is gratis and it would be stupid not to at least check it out.
3. I'm thinking we pick a day Monday - Thursday, sometime when most people are done with school/work, probably afternoon/evening in US, as that seems to be where most of us are. So something like this:
Tuesdays @ 10:00 P.M. GMT (5:00 EST) to 2:00 A.M. GMT (9:00 EST)
4. Well, this depends on who wants to play. It would be nice if we have even numbers (assuming there are going to be two teams). If enough people want to play we could create more teams, but somehow I doubt that will be an issue. We will figure this out once we know who is playing. Really the only sticking point for me is that each team have at least one person recording. If we can't get enough people for multiple teams I'm fine with banding together as one team to complete the map.