Author Topic: Rate the last game you played  (Read 1566 times)

Online Desert Fox

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
Re: Rate the last game you played
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2014, 09:47:07 PM »
Path of Exile
7.5 / 10
I hope alright to rate a game I am currently playing
Biggest pro is that it is free but has good graphics as well.
Processor can handle fine but I have a pretty kick ass desktop system.
Biggest con is that there is a dialog between players screen selling stuff which you cannot shut off.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Online Harry Black

• Well Established
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2014, 09:48:34 AM »
Injustice: Gods Among Us
As a game- 4/10. As a DC animated movie -6/10
I played it because the tie in comic is just incredible. It gives at least a hand wavy reason Batman and Superman can slug it out without Batman becoming paste.
All the characters control in a very samey way though. Theres no real reason to pick one over another except that you may prefer how their attacks are animated.
The game has tons of extras but the core mechanic is just very weak and shallow.
I say if you like comics and you can pick this up in a bargain bin then its worth it so you can read the tie ins.
-------------------------------------------------      
Subotai: I pray to the four winds... and you?
Conan: To Crom... but I seldom pray to him, he doesn't listen

Offline Sordid

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Utterly inexcusable!
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 01:49:52 AM »
Dark Souls 2
8/10

One of the best games I've ever played unfortunately marred by a few problems and design faults.

Online amysrevenge

• Frequent Poster
  • The King of Fast
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2014, 01:42:43 PM »
X-COM The Enemy Within, for Android
10/10

This Android port of the console game is flawless.  I actually like the UI better on my phone than on my PS3.  I have had the tiniest of technical glitches (one crash to date) - also better than on the PS3.

Killer on battery, but that is not unexpected.  And maybe for the best, for otherwise I'd likely waste my whole life on it.

Would not recommend for a screen much smaller than mine (Samsung Note 2).
Big Mike
Calgary AB Canada

Offline slimpickins

• Off to a Start
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2014, 03:27:43 AM »
Fallout: New Vegas

8.5/10

I always like the open world feel, and it's got a lot of good story lines.  It does force you to make decisions about who you join, greatly increasing the playability.  Typically, I don't like shooting things in games, but I like the gun mechanics in this one.  I haven't finished it, but I've certainly put a lot of time into my first run through.

Totally agree, I put a lot of hours into it and many playthroughs. The only slight annoyance were the occasional "you've failed such -and-such quest" when a choice was made which ruled out a particular storyline which I found a bit immersion breaking. Apart from that I loved that choices had consequences.  Assuming you're playing on a PC I highly recommend modding it, which is very easy thanks to the Nexus mod manager ( http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/ ), there's some great game mechanic improvements like a better pip boy, quests and textures.

Offline slimpickins

• Off to a Start
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2014, 03:31:34 AM »
Duke Nukem Forever: 3/10. I didn't actually finish it it's so bad, the humour fails completely, the environment looks as if it was made in 2004 and the combat is mundane. It's a standard on the rails FPS set in narrow environments and it must have taken a lot of effort to make something so simple so poor.

Offline Sordid

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Utterly inexcusable!
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2014, 06:24:47 AM »
Limbo, 9/10.

If someone tells you videogames aren't art, sit them down in front of this one.

personate-rain
personate-rain