Author Topic: Agents of Shield TV Show  (Read 6165 times)

Offline Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
Re: Agents of Shield TV Show
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2017, 05:00:24 PM »
I'm disappointed with the lack of integration with the movie universe.

I'm less annoyed by the show's not including specifics from the movies as I am with the movies more or less completely ignoring the show.  The Inhumans storyline alone should have warranted a mention or two in the movies I'd say.

Online Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2017, 06:00:24 PM »
I think they have pretty much decided that they are divergent universes but wont say it.
Its hard enough for directors to keep track with other movies in continuity. It would be crippling to expect them to keep up with a 24ep tv series.
And when the show was constrained by movie releases, it was borderline unwatchable.
Its just an experiment that failed and Im glad they tried it.

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Break a leg, badger!
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2017, 06:17:31 PM »
I think they have pretty much decided that they are divergent universes but wont say it.
Its hard enough for directors to keep track with other movies in continuity. It would be crippling to expect them to keep up with a 24ep tv series.
And when the show was constrained by movie releases, it was borderline unwatchable.
Its just an experiment that failed and Im glad they tried it.

I felt the same way when I first watched it, but upon rewatching the first season I think it holds up a lot better than we realized.  I think we just expected something very different at the beginning.  I also think that the effect Winter Soldier had on the show was hardly a failed experiment and in fact represents when the show went from OK to fantastic.

Online Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2017, 06:25:07 PM »
The show itself turned out great!
The experiment Im referring to was to try and make the show keep pace with and cross over with, the movies. It was meant as a promotional tool and to use the popularity of the MCU to grab ratings.
That said- Its nuts that we havent had a CG and voiceless hulk or ironman for a scene or two.

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Break a leg, badger!
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2017, 06:41:37 PM »
The experiment Im referring to was to try and make the show keep pace with and cross over with, the movies. It was meant as a promotional tool and to use the popularity of the MCU to grab ratings.
That said- Its nuts that we havent had a CG and voiceless hulk or ironman for a scene or two.

Yeah, I guess that's ultimately the problem with all the MCU TV shows is that the movie characters existence pretty much puts a cap on the level of danger that the shows can create.  AoS has done a good job of creating crises that could conceivably stay under the Avenger's radar I think, and while it has strained credulity that they haven't reached out for super-hero help in some of these situations, the fact they have Inhumans on their side makes it make a lot more sense.  I just hope the whole Coulson being alive thing finally gets revealed to the Avengers in Infinity War.  Doesn't need to be a huge thing, but given he was the emotional core of the first one, I think it makes sense to conclude that.

Offline brilligtove

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
    • Valuum
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2017, 10:41:52 PM »

Yeah, I guess that's ultimately the problem with all the MCU TV shows is that the movie characters existence pretty much puts a cap on the level of danger that the shows can create.  AoS has done a good job of creating crises that could conceivably stay under the Avenger's radar I think, and while it has strained credulity that they haven't reached out for super-hero help in some of these situations, the fact they have Inhumans on their side makes it make a lot more sense.  I just hope the whole Coulson being alive thing finally gets revealed to the Avengers in Infinity War.  Doesn't need to be a huge thing, but given he was the emotional core of the first one, I think it makes sense to conclude that.
OMG that would be AWESOME
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

personate-rain