Author Topic: Post The Science-and-Skepticism-i-est Images You've Got  (Read 19864 times)

PB67 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline teethering

• 37% better than Slick
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: Post The Science-and-Skepticism-i-est Images You've Got
« Reply #285 on: March 17, 2017, 07:52:39 PM »
And some people still think there's no God!

I know you're joking, but it's precisely images like that that reinforce my non-belief.  The incongruity of the tininess and insignificance of organisms in an impossibly thin organic layer on a small rocky planet in this endless sea of nothingness teeming with galaxies filled with billions of stars with the idea that these organisms are somehow significant is just absurd.  We're the bacteria on a speck of dust in a cathedral and we think the music is playing for us.

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Frequent Poster
  • mooh
« Reply #286 on: March 17, 2017, 09:21:01 PM »
And some people still think there's no God!

I know you're joking, but it's precisely images like that that reinforce my non-belief.  The incongruity of the tininess and insignificance of organisms in an impossibly thin organic layer on a small rocky planet in this endless sea of nothingness teeming with galaxies filled with billions of stars with the idea that these organisms are somehow significant is just absurd.  We're the bacteria on a speck of dust in a cathedral and we think the music is playing for us.

Well, not to equate them to bacteria, but I have in the past on occasion sung for my guppies.
Mooohn!

Offline Soldier of FORTRAN

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Cache rules everything around me.
« Reply #287 on: March 25, 2017, 03:19:38 PM »
Every soup ladled to the hungry, every blanket draped over the cold signifies, in the final sense, a theft from my gigantic paycheck.

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Frequent Poster
  • mooh
« Reply #288 on: March 29, 2017, 09:00:38 AM »

personate-rain