Author Topic: List of the Not the Very Best TV Shows  (Read 23687 times)

Offline Gerbig

• Frequent Poster
  • Stream Crosser
Re: List of the Not the Very Best TV Shows
« Reply #420 on: April 21, 2017, 08:29:36 PM »
"The Pickup Artist"

So bad its good tv show. Except wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy creepier.

A famous pickup artist trains 12 men to seduce women, and one gets eliminated per episode, winner gets to be his wingman or something.
Has all the obviously fake reality tv shit turned up to 11, and its full of so much cringiness over the advice the host is giving.

Offline GodSlayer

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #421 on: April 22, 2017, 03:46:17 PM »
I liked the Swedish original but the BBC season 1 was pretty rocky. I was hoping they'd improve in season 2 and I think they did. I watched it after West World and I have to say it was still pretty okay. I'm quite fascinated by the idea (expressed in Ex Machina) that AI might regard us like we regard ants. Most of us expend much thought about killing an ant. Humans dealt with this notion somewhat.

well maybe if ants had religion and an anti-vax movement we'd consider them more intelligent!
Quote from: Nietzsche
the inequality of rights is essential to the existence of any rights at all.--A right is a privilege.
Quote from: Ligotti
One cringes to hear scientists cooing over the universe or any part thereof like schoolgirls over-heated by their first crush.

Offline Johnny Slick

• "Goddammit, Slick."
  • Fake Ass Skeptic
« Reply #422 on: April 27, 2017, 01:51:12 PM »
I've been watching How I Met Your Mother recently for some reason and... it's pretty much the epitome of a meh show, although it does have its moments and I think it might be getting a *bit* better now that I'm into season 3. A friend of mine from high school insists this is the best comedy EVAR but I'm not really seeing *that*.
Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Online Ah.hell

« Reply #423 on: April 27, 2017, 02:58:23 PM »

I've been watching How I Met Your Mother recently for some reason and... it's pretty much the epitome of a meh show, although it does have its moments and I think it might be getting a *bit* better now that I'm into season 3. A friend of mine from high school insists this is the best comedy EVAR but I'm not really seeing *that*.
I've had the same reaction but it's my best man that insists its a great show.  He even had a reference to it on his dating profile. :-\

Totally ok show though but I can generally find better things to do with my time.

Online arthwollipot

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #424 on: April 27, 2017, 10:10:22 PM »
I tried watching it again recently. I nearly cringed myself inside out.

Offline GodSlayer

« Reply #425 on: April 28, 2017, 01:24:32 AM »
I also hear Spongebob is good...
the inequality of rights is essential to the existence of any rights at all.--A right is a privilege.
One cringes to hear scientists cooing over the universe or any part thereof like schoolgirls over-heated by their first crush.

Online superdave

• Stopped Going Outside
  • My name is not dave.
« Reply #426 on: April 28, 2017, 07:50:41 AM »
Powerless is OK.  I think it would work better if they focus more on the silly office humor and less on the superhero stuff, but I guess the super hero stuff is the point.

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Frequent Poster
  • mooh
« Reply #427 on: April 28, 2017, 09:14:56 AM »
Finding Carter is OK, sort of. I liked the premise of a teen finding out she's an abduction victim (i.e.: her mother is actually her abductor) and being forced to live with her real family, but they kind of fail to do anything really interesting with it, and it quickly devolves into kind of standard teen drama. Also I can't stand Caleb Ruminer's smug grin, which he wears at all times throughout the series.
Mooohn!

Offline mindme

• Too Much Spare Time
    • http://www.yrad.com/cs
« Reply #428 on: May 03, 2017, 08:59:24 AM »
So. American Gods. Where to sort?
"Because the world needs more Mark Crislip."

Conspiracy Skeptic Podcast
Korean Podcast
Michael Goudeau, Vegas Comedy Entertainer Available for Trade Shows

Offline wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #429 on: May 03, 2017, 11:34:06 AM »
You no like? I loved the first episode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline GodSlayer

« Reply #430 on: May 03, 2017, 12:39:20 PM »
have made it all the way up to ep 2 of Legion.

fuck that was a painful pilot.

Online Ah.hell

« Reply #431 on: May 18, 2017, 01:38:00 PM »
I'm watching the Canadian show, Wynona Earp.  Its a fun monster of the week sort of show.  Can't think too much while watching it though, the mythos of the show is pretty nonsensical. 

All the folks killed by Wyatt Earp are cursed to return to life as demons in the small town where Earp lived out the end of his life.  Earp's oldest descendant of the current generation gains super powers when they turn 27 and is the only person that can kill the demons and only with Earp's absurdly long barreled pistol.  There are 77 of these demons and their resurrected even if killed by an Earp. 

So even if you accept all that, its a really small town with 77 demons, some are serial killers but almost nobody in town notices.

Anyrate, its a pretty fun monster of the week show similar to Brimstone, Grimm, Angel/Buffy, etc. 

Edit to add, I should note that pretty much none of the Earp's "history" in the show is true.   
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 01:43:08 PM by Ah.hell »

Online Ah.hell

« Reply #432 on: Today at 08:56:38 AM »
I figured out how to best describe Wynona Earp, a really dumb version of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I watched a few episodes of an AMC series called, 'Into the Badlands.'  Its an American/Canadian attempt at live action anime, reminds me of "Fist of the North Star."  Pretty dumb but the acting is alright, lots of really pretty people and bad fantasy martial arts.

Online superdave

• Stopped Going Outside
  • My name is not dave.
« Reply #433 on: Today at 10:03:14 AM »
Finished up season 2 of the magicians.  It had some brilliant moments, and I like how the stories compliment the books, but there were too many head scratching moments for this season to end of on the Very Best list. Solid season overall, I give it a B.

personate-rain
personate-rain