Author Topic: List of the Very Best TV Shows  (Read 46772 times)

Offline Gerbig

• Frequent Poster
  • Stream Crosser
Re: List of the Very Best TV Shows
« Reply #930 on: May 18, 2017, 05:55:55 PM »
The Good Place. 

Holy motherforking shirtballs is this a great show.  And it is impossible to understand how great until you watch the whole season at least twice.  I can not say more, other than you are welcome forknuts.
(click to show/hide)

Kristen Bell! Im sold, watching the first season today

Offline Gerbig

• Frequent Poster
  • Stream Crosser
« Reply #931 on: May 18, 2017, 05:56:45 PM »
Double post, please delete
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 07:23:26 PM by Gerbig »

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Frequent Poster
  • mooh
« Reply #932 on: May 18, 2017, 07:17:23 PM »
Kristen Bell! Im sold, watching the first season today

My Veronica Mars boxset just arrived today. }|:o)
Mooohn!

Offline Gerbig

• Frequent Poster
  • Stream Crosser
« Reply #933 on: May 18, 2017, 08:28:39 PM »
On "The Good Place"
(click to show/hide)

Offline Louie

• Actually three chimps tag-teaming a keyboard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Frequent Poster
  • Let the elephant make everything kushtee.
« Reply #934 on: May 21, 2017, 08:09:17 AM »
The Good Place. 

Holy motherforking shirtballs is this a great show.  And it is impossible to understand how great until you watch the whole season at least twice.  I can not say more, other than you are welcome forknuts.
(click to show/hide)
100% agree. Im setting aside time for a second viewing and praying for a second season.

Also- Djamila Djamal: Djesus Christ that woman is beautiful.

I've just discovered this show thanks to this thread, so... thanks! A very pleasant surprise. And yes, Jamil is ridiculously delicious. I mean, there should be a law.
"It can't end like this. Tell them I said something." - Pancho Villa's last words (1923).

Online superdave

• Stopped Going Outside
  • My name is not dave.
« Reply #935 on: May 21, 2017, 09:40:34 AM »
One of Kristen Bells talents is that she can just cast off ugly vibes when the character calls for it, despite her physical beauty.  She is just gross in some of the flashback sequences.

Offline jt512

• Well Established
    • jt512
« Reply #936 on: May 23, 2017, 04:07:16 AM »
The Good Place. 

Started watching this show based on your recommendation, and it is really delightful.  Basically, the Bell and Danson show.  Am having a little difficulty believing that I won't get it until I watch the whole season twice, but we'll see.

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
« Reply #937 on: May 23, 2017, 10:01:17 AM »
The Good Place. 

Started watching this show based on your recommendation, and it is really delightful.  Basically, the Bell and Danson show.  Am having a little difficulty believing that I won't get it until I watch the whole season twice, but we'll see.

You'll see.  I mean I was in for the whole run, for sure, but not until the final show did I see why it really needed at least one rewatch. 

As for the Bell and Danson show, yes, but as you get deeper into the season William Jackson Harper, D'Arcy Carden and Jameela Jamil really step up and shine.  And to a lesser extent Manny Jacinto gets good in the last two episodes, but given the character he is playing that may not be his fault. 

(click to show/hide)

Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Frequent Poster
  • mooh
« Reply #938 on: May 23, 2017, 04:27:31 PM »
The Good Place. 

Just finished it... Fun show, the tone reminded me a bit of Eureka or Warehouse 13.
(click to show/hide)
Mooohn!

Online superdave

• Stopped Going Outside
  • My name is not dave.
« Reply #939 on: May 23, 2017, 05:10:14 PM »
Just watched the pilot of the original Twin Peaks.  Really loved it.  It still felt very fresh and modern, I'd have believed you if you told me it was a modern show set in the early 90s.  I loved the way the pilot introduced the characters and set up the mystery  The characters were amazingly fleshed out in a very short amount of time.  It felt very Stephen King (in a good way)  Looking forward to watching more.

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Frequent Poster
  • mooh
« Reply #940 on: May 24, 2017, 07:35:00 AM »
Just watched the pilot of the original Twin Peaks.  Really loved it.  It still felt very fresh and modern, I'd have believed you if you told me it was a modern show set in the early 90s.  I loved the way the pilot introduced the characters and set up the mystery  The characters were amazingly fleshed out in a very short amount of time.  It felt very Stephen King (in a good way)  Looking forward to watching more.

And I'll plug the new Twin Peaks here as well, even though I had some mixed feelings about the first few episodes due to it not catering enough to my sense of nostalgia. It's still one of the most interesting shows I know of. Might be slightly unwatchable if you haven't seen the original series, though (unless you're a huge David Lynch fan), and it's got a lot more of Lynch's surreal style in it.
Mooohn!

Offline mindme

• Too Much Spare Time
    • http://www.yrad.com/cs
« Reply #941 on: May 24, 2017, 08:38:48 AM »
That Twin Peaks music was a real throwback.
"Because the world needs more Mark Crislip."

Conspiracy Skeptic Podcast
Korean Podcast
Michael Goudeau, Vegas Comedy Entertainer Available for Trade Shows

personate-rain