Author Topic: Reanimated Walking Dead Thread (Spoilers!)  (Read 14981 times)

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Natural Blonde
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Comrade Questions
Re: Reanimated Walking Dead Thread (Spoilers!)
« Reply #270 on: January 09, 2017, 04:18:30 PM »
Way late, but finally watched the finale. Found it mildly satisfying. I think they nailed Negan's character. I really like him as the bad guy, and I think they've done a good job with The Saviors in general--a vastly overpowering enemy is new, and the writers did a pretty good job exploring the group's individual reactions to it. Most of the dialogue and choices people made were believable this season. 

No idea who the boat guy is, that was interesting. He's gonna want his stuff back...

Comparison from the comics:

(click to show/hide)
Strange women lying in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Natural Blonde
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Comrade Questions
« Reply #271 on: February 18, 2017, 03:54:20 AM »
Oh snap... boat people. Neat. Why did Rick smile? My hypothesis: because he's found his army. (un-spoiler, this is not from the comics so my guess is as good as yours. Actually, that goes for everything from this episode, it's all new to me).

On one hand, I'm a little uneasy about Daryl's quick recovery. There's of course room for this in coming episodes, but he's already pretty much acting like himself. I don't want an "emo Daryl" episode, but the way the show's writers did him, it was HIS idiot outburst that got Glenn killed. Everybody else forgiving him and moving on? Sure. You got to. But Daryl? I don't see how he's any semblance of himself knowing what he caused. I'm looking for redemption first.

The "get all the explosives!!" scene was neat and obviously super foreshadowing. Apparently the Saviors dedicated a CRAPload of resources to killing part of this herd, because Rick & co. now has a LOT of explosive to play with. Their trail was conveniently but believably covered... as long as I don't try to think about what might have triggered the "bad" dynamite.

King Ezekial and co. are cool. I like them all. Look forward to seeing more of all of them.
Strange women lying in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Frequent Poster
  • 667 - Neighbor of the beast.
    • jeremyad [sic]
« Reply #272 on: February 21, 2017, 01:57:03 PM »
Ya got your ears on?!
Neat easter egg.
(click to show/hide)
Knowledge is power. France is bacon.

Offline Swagomatic

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #273 on: February 21, 2017, 02:04:58 PM »
Ya got your ears on?!
Neat easter egg.
(click to show/hide)

I noticed that during the show, but for some reason it didn't register on me.  That's pretty funny.
Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.
---George Bernard Shaw

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Frequent Poster
    • jeremyad [sic]
« Reply #274 on: February 21, 2017, 02:08:40 PM »
Ya got your ears on?!
Neat easter egg.
(click to show/hide)

I noticed that during the show, but for some reason it didn't register on me.  That's pretty funny.
Someone said there was a black Trans Am on the highway in a previous episode. Apparently Smokey and the Bandit is part of the same cinematic universe!
Now we need to guest Bert Reynolds.

Offline Swagomatic

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #275 on: February 21, 2017, 02:39:08 PM »
Ya got your ears on?!
Neat easter egg.
(click to show/hide)

Someone said there was a black Trans Am on the highway in a previous episode. Apparently Smokey and the Bandit is part of the same cinematic universe!

Yeah, he'd make  an excellent walker - no makeup needed.
---George Bernard Shaw

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Natural Blonde
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Comrade Questions
« Reply #276 on: February 27, 2017, 04:23:21 PM »
Ya got your ears on?!
Neat easter egg.
(click to show/hide)

Yeah, he'd make  an excellent walker - no makeup needed.

Hah!

Watched eps 10 and 11 last night. Yaaawn. So many monologues. Come on, DO SOMETHING!

Offline Swagomatic

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #277 on: February 27, 2017, 04:51:16 PM »
Yeah, they need to kick the Negan arc into high gear.  It feels like nothing is going to happen this season. I was hoping Negan would be dealt with, but it's looking very unlikely.  He's become kind of ridiculous with all his preening and mustache twirling.  It's like a cartoon.
---George Bernard Shaw

Offline mindme

• Too Much Spare Time
    • http://www.yrad.com/cs
« Reply #278 on: March 15, 2017, 10:36:43 AM »
I like the WD but that's kind of who its been every single season. "Wow, I wish they'd actually do something." They start off with some promise but quickly go "bleh".

"Because the world needs more Mark Crislip."

Conspiracy Skeptic Podcast
Korean Podcast
Michael Goudeau, Vegas Comedy Entertainer Available for Trade Shows

Offline Ah.hell

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #279 on: March 15, 2017, 11:05:58 AM »
I like the WD but that's kind of who its been every single season. "Wow, I wish they'd actually do something." They start off with some promise but quickly go "bleh".
Haven't watched in a while but that sums up my experience.   Great couple of episodes at the beginning with 1 or 2 more really good ones later on and a bunch of meh in between.

Offline mindme

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #280 on: April 03, 2017, 09:30:08 AM »
WD Season finale: Oh fuck off. Fuck off already. Just fuck yourself. Fuck yourself dead Rick & Co. You assholes don't deserve to live. Fuck off. Fuck it. Fuck this show.

Korean Podcast

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Frequent Poster
    • jeremyad [sic]
« Reply #281 on: April 03, 2017, 01:41:06 PM »
WD Season finale: Oh fuck off. Fuck off already. Just fuck yourself. Fuck yourself dead Rick & Co. You assholes don't deserve to live. Fuck off. Fuck it. Fuck this show.
ahahahahaha well I bailed after mid season, but I was thinking of watching the finale. I 100% lost interest after the brain damaged junkyard people episode.

Offline mindme

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #282 on: April 03, 2017, 02:44:44 PM »
ahahahahaha well I bailed after mid season, but I was thinking of watching the finale. I 100% lost interest after the brain damaged junkyard people episode.

Was that their problem? They were brain damaged?

Korean Podcast

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Frequent Poster
    • jeremyad [sic]
« Reply #283 on: April 03, 2017, 05:24:49 PM »

Was that their problem? They were brain damaged?
I dunno, they spoke like it. The reality is though the writers have zero clue about the evolution of language or culture. I will give that the internal combustion engine of undead humans is already a huge gimme on the premise of the show (unlike 28 days later where they ran down eventually), but these other leaps are just too stupid for me to hang around for. We know that generally humans are cooperative, but everyone left in this world, outside of Rick's group, are psychopaths. Anyway, this isn't the TWD bitching thread, so... carry on.

Offline mindme

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #284 on: April 04, 2017, 08:34:21 AM »
I agree. I do think we are cooperative in the face of disaster. And zombies present a continued external threat that you would think would constantly unite us. No one can cut a side deal with the zombies. But I think too history shows civilization doesn't have to break down much for Hitlers to arise. Cultured, educated, family oriented people can suddenly turn on a minority the moment they lose a sense like they know where their next meal is coming from.

Korean Podcast

personate-rain
personate-rain