Author Topic: Self-Driving Cars  (Read 42892 times)

Online daniel1948

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Cat Lovers Against the Bomb
Re: Self-Driving Cars
« Reply #1215 on: April 23, 2017, 12:29:23 PM »
Yet he doesn't correct us.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline arthwollipot

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #1216 on: April 23, 2017, 08:56:50 PM »
My guess is that Phooey is 15 years old and is terrified that by the time he is old enough to drive, he won't be allowed to because all cars will be autonomous. He's never claimed to be an adult. The fact that new technology takes time to become ubiquitous, and there will be a long lag between the first availability of autonomous cars and the disappearance of human-driven cars means that his fear is unfounded.

"Sad, really, since he was relatively polite until fairly recently. "

So sad...

Contrary to popular belief, it is possible for a 15-year old to be polite.

Offline phooey

• Keeps Priorities Straight
« Reply #1217 on: April 23, 2017, 10:46:17 PM »
My guess is that Phooey is 15 years old and is terrified that by the time he is old enough to drive, he won't be allowed to because all cars will be autonomous. He's never claimed to be an adult. The fact that new technology takes time to become ubiquitous, and there will be a long lag between the first availability of autonomous cars and the disappearance of human-driven cars means that his fear is unfounded.

So sad...

I am sure your mother is a lovely person.

But what about flying cars? 

Offline arthwollipot

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #1218 on: April 24, 2017, 01:28:25 AM »

So sad...

I am sure your mother is a lovely person.

But what about flying cars?
What about them? We've had them for years, but they're not practical for most people to own and use regularly. Once self-driving technology is mature enough, I'm sure it will be applied to flying cars and the cost of ownership will come down. A bit.

personate-rain