Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 24183 times)

Offline Louie

• Actually three chimps tag-teaming a keyboard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Well Established
  • Let the elephant make everything kushtee.
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #285 on: April 01, 2017, 12:43:59 AM »
hate his flow so much (at least, it seems really arbitrary that they threw this old verse over that beat), but the beat is sick

Hehe, yeah, I know what you mean - I only play this as background music, so I don't have to focus on MF Doom's rather mediocre showing here (RZA's doing a little bit better, I'd say), but man, is it atmospheric.
"It can't end like this. Tell them I said something." - Pancho Villa's last words (1923).

Offline Louie

• Actually three chimps tag-teaming a keyboard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Well Established
  • Let the elephant make everything kushtee.
« Reply #286 on: April 04, 2017, 01:18:05 PM »
"It can't end like this. Tell them I said something." - Pancho Villa's last words (1923).

Offline arthwollipot

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #287 on: April 16, 2017, 04:47:22 AM »
The 80s were a magical time.

Offline GodSlayer

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #288 on: April 18, 2017, 07:54:41 AM »
hate his flow so much (at least, it seems really arbitrary that they threw this old verse over that beat), but the beat is sick

Hehe, yeah, I know what you mean - I only play this as background music, so I don't have to focus on MF Doom's rather mediocre showing here (RZA's doing a little bit better, I'd say), but man, is it atmospheric.

turns out those are just borrowed verses (I do the same thing -- use famous acapellas to help me create 'beats' (otherwise my tendency is to make a sound that isn't really suitable for rappers). do love that beat though, even went to the trouble of downloading it to get it in rotation :)
Quote from: Nietzsche
the inequality of rights is essential to the existence of any rights at all.--A right is a privilege.
Quote from: Ligotti
One cringes to hear scientists cooing over the universe or any part thereof like schoolgirls over-heated by their first crush.

personate-rain