Author Topic: MCU v DCTVU v DCSU - Metaverse Discussions  (Read 16256 times)

Online PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
Re: MCU v DCTVU v DCSU - Metaverse Discussions
« Reply #330 on: February 10, 2017, 01:41:05 PM »
Holeee shit.  We have a new contender for top superhero EU installment.  Wonder of wonders, its from Marvel, and its like prestige TV.

I am talking about Legion of course.

Goddamn is it good.  And even of it is not your cuppa it has made some confounding and chalenging choices and grounded them in a universe that feels visceral.  Gotta respect it.
Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Offline brilligtove

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
    • Valuum
« Reply #331 on: February 10, 2017, 01:51:09 PM »
Holeee shit.  We have a new contender for top superhero EU installment.  Wonder of wonders, its from Marvel, and its like prestige TV.

I am talking about Legion of course.

Goddamn is it good.  And even of it is not your cuppa it has made some confounding and chalenging choices and grounded them in a universe that feels visceral.  Gotta respect it.

It is $19 on Google Play, so I'll wait a few weeks to get a feel for the season before I jump in.
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Offline stonesean

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Dumb sailor on the Sea of Awesome
« Reply #332 on: February 10, 2017, 01:51:32 PM »
Legion was really good.

Though I must admit my favorite part was seeing Bill Sienkiewicz get a creator credit in the titles. (If your name is in the credits as "created by", you got paid.)

We've come a long way DC Comics absolutely robbing Siegel & Shuster blind and Stan Lee f*cking Jack Kirby out of his legacy.

It's nice to see.

Also:  "Powerless" has potential.  The pilot was spotty, but I really love that they are introducing the world to the idea of Giffen/DeMattis "comedy" DC Universe.  My favorite era of Justice League comics......
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 01:53:59 PM by stonesean »
Well.  There it is.

Online PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
« Reply #333 on: February 10, 2017, 02:02:09 PM »
Legion was really good.

Though I must admit my favorite part was seeing Bill Sienkiewicz get a creator credit in the titles. (If your name is in the credits as "created by", you got paid.)

We've come a long way DC Comics absolutely robbing Siegel & Shuster blind and Stan Lee f*cking Jack Kirby out of his legacy.

It's nice to see.

Also:  "Powerless" has potential.  The pilot was spotty, but I really love that they are introducing the world to the idea of Giffen/DeMattis "comedy" DC Universe.  My favorite era of Justice League comics......

Yeah,  my eldest really liked it.  And I was a huge fan of JLE back in the day, but I was decidedly OK with Powerless. 
Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Offline Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #334 on: February 20, 2017, 10:08:29 PM »
Has anybody seen Justice League: Dark yet?
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline brilligtove

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Valuum
« Reply #335 on: February 20, 2017, 11:18:30 PM »
Anybody have a preferred approach to accessing programs that you can't pay for in your region because reasons?
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Offline Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
« Reply #336 on: February 20, 2017, 11:46:38 PM »
Has anybody seen Justice League: Dark yet?

Yeah, it was OK.  Not familiar at all with the characters except Constantine a little.  It was pretty much an enjoyable film.

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Comrade Questions
« Reply #337 on: February 21, 2017, 12:05:52 AM »
Anybody have a preferred approach to accessing programs that you can't pay for in your region because reasons?

If I wanted to do that, I'd probably pay a nominal fee for a decent VPN and then download such programs via bittorrent.
Strange women lying in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.

Offline Gerbig

• Frequent Poster
  • Stream Crosser
« Reply #338 on: February 21, 2017, 09:02:56 PM »
I second Legion, what a wonderful show, made me stretch the concept of what a psychic could be.

Offline brilligtove

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Valuum
« Reply #339 on: February 21, 2017, 10:10:05 PM »

If I wanted to do that, I'd probably pay a nominal fee for a decent VPN and then download such programs via bittorrent.

Sure, but from where? I mean, if there was a non-cable service I could pay to stream the shows I would. I do that for Agents of SHIELD, Sherlock, and several other series.

ETA: ...I might still just buy the season though. It looks like it's up my alley. I guess I just want a taster first.

Offline ShadowSot

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #340 on: February 22, 2017, 03:03:39 AM »
Legion honestly surprised me with how good it is.
 It's part of what I've been wanting, something that is a comic based film, but actually mature with little of the nods and winks at how silly it is from the Marvel Movies, or the grimdark we're so serious and totally mature stuff from the DC films.
“I'm smart enough to know that I'm dumb.”
 - Richard Feynman