Author Topic: MCU v DCTVU v DCSU - Metaverse Discussions  (Read 17540 times)

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
Re: MCU v DCTVU v DCSU - Metaverse Discussions
« Reply #345 on: May 11, 2017, 02:43:50 PM »
I don't really understand the hate for for Ironfist, its really just meh.  Its as good or better that most of the DCTVU I've seen.  It really the strong feelings about Ironfist I don't understand. 

Is it mostly because its such a let down from the other netflix MCU stuff?

For my money, no way is iron fist better than most of the DCTVU.  At least not this season.  Last season you got me......  Ironfist is not terrible but it is coasting on coattails.  It is plodding and really dull.  It just lays there - consistently so.  I find it hard to give it time. 

The DC stuff on the other hand (this season) can be pants on head stupid at times, but it also gets it so damn right.  And when it does DC will get me to whoop or holler, or say Coooool like no other set of shows on TV.  And even when the show does something boneheaded; for the most part it is at least within genre, and acceptable as part of the world they have built (exception: Flash fucks this up a leeeetle too often, IMO).  So while the lows here are lower than what is on ironfist, they are more exciting, and more fitting, and the highs on these shows make ironfist look like he's eating paste.
Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Offline Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
« Reply #346 on: May 11, 2017, 02:57:00 PM »
Speaking of "pants on head stupid," can anyone explain to me why Caitlin Snow's powers instantly turn her evil? I could understand her worrying about it after Earth 2 Snow was evil (although Earth 2 Cisco was evil too and he wasn't remotely worried), but why is it that whenever she access them, she actually does go bad instantly? Can't recall any other metastatic whose powers instantly changed their personalities.

Online Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #347 on: May 11, 2017, 03:48:26 PM »
Oh I totally missed that ah.hell compared it to the DCTVU. I was thinking it was better than the DC cinematic universe.

So +1 what Pants! said. Even Gotham has somehow gotten good. Ive skipped all of season 2 and most of season 3, but started back 4 episodes ago because I heard they were starting Bruce becoming Batman and...I fucking love it!!
The DC shows always get a minimum of one thing (action, comedy, story, character or comicbook easter eggs) right at any one time. Ironfist had almost none of those at any time.

As for Killer Frost- In the tv universe it was briefly glossed over at one point that her powers make her evil just cos. I mean...why would it not have a neurological effect I guess? Her powers are different to everyone elses...
Its mainly just so we can have Killer Frost without betraying the character development of a main cast member.

Online Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #348 on: May 11, 2017, 03:53:35 PM »
Anybody seen the new animated Teen Titan movie?
On my Netflicks list
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #349 on: May 11, 2017, 04:58:35 PM »
On my Netflicks list

Whats it called?  If its Trouble In Tokyo or whatevs, then yeah.  If not, then I needs to know its name!
Now where I come from
-Uptown, Prince 👉

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #350 on: May 11, 2017, 04:59:54 PM »
Oh I totally missed that ah.hell compared it to the DCTVU. I was thinking it was better than the DC cinematic universe.

So +1 what Pants! said. Even Gotham has somehow gotten good. Ive skipped all of season 2 and most of season 3, but started back 4 episodes ago because I heard they were starting Bruce becoming Batman and...I fucking love it!!
The DC shows always get a minimum of one thing (action, comedy, story, character or comicbook easter eggs) right at any one time. Ironfist had almost none of those at any time.

As for Killer Frost- In the tv universe it was briefly glossed over at one point that her powers make her evil just cos. I mean...why would it not have a neurological effect I guess? Her powers are different to everyone elses...
Its mainly just so we can have Killer Frost without betraying the character development of a main cast member.

I would say the heros are the ones who are different.  Most everyone who got powers from the explosion are bad guys.
Now where I come from
-Uptown, Prince 👉

Online Ah.hell

« Reply #351 on: May 11, 2017, 05:07:50 PM »
So +1 what Pants! said. Even Gotham has somehow gotten good.
Funny that, Gotham is the only DC show that I have generally liked from the beginning.   Is it actually set in the DCTVU?

Online Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #352 on: May 11, 2017, 05:35:00 PM »
So +1 what Pants! said. Even Gotham has somehow gotten good.
Funny that, Gotham is the only DC show that I have generally liked from the beginning.   Is it actually set in the DCTVU?
It isnt actually! I guess it falls between the cracks.
On my Netflicks list
The Judas Contract?
Its pretty good.
One of the better ones they have put put of late, but not one I will rewatch probably (I watch the best ones multiple times per year!)

Online Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #353 on: May 12, 2017, 08:02:35 AM »
I have been rewatching "Wolverine and the X-Men" and I have to say that I personally really enjoy it.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Online Ah.hell

« Reply #354 on: May 23, 2017, 10:07:18 AM »
So, I'm finally getting back to the MCU on netflix, I what the first few episodes of each of them when they first arrived but then just dropped them.

From best to worst

Jessica Jones, David Tennant is great in this, super creepy.
Luke Cage
Daredevil, I'm about 4 episodes in, meh, it might get better.  The fight scenes are good.
Iron fist, I'm about 2 episodes in, meh.   The lead actor is pretty weak and he is the least interesting of the lead characters.

Online Ah.hell

« Reply #355 on: May 23, 2017, 04:32:47 PM »
I want add, there's a little bit of product placement in these shows that mostly adds a sense of realism.  A character needs some drugs and is told to go to the CVS around the corner.